• Last Reply
Yes just recieved the message ive got quite a good group

PORTUGAL

POLAND

CHILE

MALI

fingers crossed i get through :)

just about to start the african cup of nations will report back

I'd be aiming to take points from Chile and Poland. Don't think that you'll be able to compete with Portugal.

Good luck for the African Nations.

just beat ghana 3-2 scored two goals in last 5 mins to win the game

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr336/dasher27/ghanavsmali.jpg

next match cameroon bring them :)

Good work on getting them to the World Cup.

Don't think I will be getting Mali to the World Cup despite my African Nations win. :(

Good luck with the rest of your tournament. :thup:

I lost to cameroon 2-1 not much in it cameroon just took there chances.

so i lost in the semi final :(

however i did win the 3rd/4th playoff beat senegal with my 2nd team on pens.

now i have to skip through 120 days lol until the game gets really intresting 1st match in the world cup group portugal will report back later.

I hope I can keep it up. The rest of the matches is:

NI (away)

Liechtenstein (home)

Germany (away)

Kazakhstan (home)

It should at least give me 7 points, but hopefully 9. I'm not sure I can win against Germany away.

3 wins will put you through though so you wouldn't have to worry about the Germany game too much. Fingers crossed the boys will surprise you with a historic victory in Germany.

NI away:

09042008213847fe2.jpg

Good win although I feared it would end in a draw.

The Swiss lost to Germany so I am currently 3 points clear.

Liechtenstein was up next:

09042008215157fi5.jpg

An expected victory. We are still 3 points clear of Germany and 4 points to Swiss.

Panama have played the first 5 games of the final phase of World Cup qualifying and things are not looking good.

Costa Rica away

Cuba home

Mexico home

Canada away

USA home

This leaves us propping up the table at the half way point and looking like we're not going to make it South Africa.

Between now and then we've got the Gold Cup to play and we're in with a good chance of making it out of the group.

I'll try! But that'll be a game that I'll need to win to have a chance of qualifying.

Well, good luck either way:thup:

You can probably beat Cuba, Costa Rica, and maybe Canada. Maybe.

And speaking of the national team, Toronto FC lost 9 (yes NINE FIRST TEAM PLAYERS) to international call-ups, but we still must play on Saturday against Chivas USA:( Carver and Johnston are trying their best but it seems like the MLS isn't listening to our pleas:(

Well, good luck either way:thup:

You can probably beat Cuba, Costa Rica, and maybe Canada. Maybe.

And speaking of the national team, Toronto FC lost 9 (yes NINE FIRST TEAM PLAYERS) to international call-ups, but we still must play on Saturday against Chivas USA:( Carver and Johnston are trying their best but it seems like the MLS isn't listening to our pleas:(

I don't see us beating Costa Rica, they were too strong for us before, but you never know stranger things have happened.

Not rearranging a fixture in that situation is just madness. Does the MLS not stop for international breaks?

I don't see us beating Costa Rica, they were too strong for us before, but you never know stranger things have happened.

Not rearranging a fixture in that situation is just madness. Does the MLS not stop for international breaks?

Usually when I lose to a team with about the same talent as mine on the road by 1 goal, we usually win against them at home. Hope that happens to you Razer:)

The MLS never stop for internationals. They say they give teams 3 years notice about the World Cup/Gold Cup fixtures and tell all teams to be prepared. The problem is, Toronto FC have only been in the league for 2 years!!!:mad:

I hope the MLS change this policy (and I think they will when all teams have a 'soccer-specific' stadium. Can't really say 'football-specific' stadium considering most cities already have one! American football that is:p;).)

hey guys after my great win against portugal i lost to both chile and poland meaning i finished last in my group im gutted thought i was gonna make it into the next round I think im gonna try it with a new team. ill let you know what team latter on

Unlucky dasher after beating Portugal, I would have thought Chile and Poland were easy pickings. Well done for making the World Cup though.

Any ideas where you'll be heading next?

i no thats what i thought but it seemed that my systerm worked really well against portugal my foward was always free. however my defence played rubbish against both chile and poland.

i think im going to try and be finland. I don't think anyone else have tried being that team will report back latter

I'm going to try this with a European team so hopefully it'll be fairly easy, then do an African team at a later date.

I'm picking Serbia as they have never been to a World Cup as a single nation (previously Yugoslavia and the Serbia & Montenegro union thing). Is this alright?

Oh well, time to 'red text' me again, as Belarus fail to qualify for the World Cup :thdn:

We were pretty unlucky really, we played well away to Greece, Slovakia and France, but narrowly lost to them all. With all the teams taking points off each other, the group was wide open. An important win against Slovakia at home, left Greece, Slovakia and France all on the same points with us 1 behind.

We then played Greece at home, who somehow mustered a 5-1 win on our turf. Still don't know how they won, especially by that amount, but with one game to go our dream was over.

We did, however, secure this famous win.

my.php?image=belarusbrazilxl7.jpgReally enjoyed this game, and going to have a 3rd go :D

Oh well, time to 'red text' me again, as Belarus fail to qualify for the World Cup :thdn:

We were pretty unlucky really, we played well away to Greece, Slovakia and France, but narrowly lost to them all. With all the teams taking points off each other, the group was wide open. An important win against Slovakia at home, left Greece, Slovakia and France all on the same points with us 1 behind.

We then played Greece at home, who somehow mustered a 5-1 win on our turf. Still don't know how they won, especially by that amount, but with one game to go our dream was over.

We did, however, secure this famous win.

my.php?image=belarusbrazilxl7.jpgReally enjoyed this game, and going to have a 3rd go :D

Unlucky dave, good to see you still plugging away at it.

I've got the North American Gold Cup to try and get through later before the final 5 games of qualifying. A couple of poor results will see the end of my first go at the challenge.

I have to agree about the enjoyment of the game for this, the speed with which you're able to get to the games keeps it very interesting.

Unlucky dave, good to see you still plugging away at it.

I've got the North American Gold Cup to try and get through later before the final 5 games of qualifying. A couple of poor results will see the end of my first go at the challenge.

I have to agree about the enjoyment of the game for this, the speed with which you're able to get to the games keeps it very interesting.

Best of luck matey :thup:

Yeah, it's a very enjoyable challenge. I never thought I'd be playing total football (or attempting to at least ;) ) with Belarus.

I've decided to return to what I feel is my spiritual home! Probably the most enjoyable game I had on the previous FM was with Macedonia, masterminding their rise to 4th in the World Rankings and an appearance in the World Cup semi-finals. I already recognise most of the players, which will give me an advantage, I hope :thup:

macedoniavf5.jpg

Here we go again...

Archived