Considering His Options

I have a player with high morale who is performing well and seems happy but he is "considering his options" and won't sign a new contract. I can't talk to him about any problem. I've had him sack his agent and he still won't negotiate. I'm listed as favoured personnel and the team is really successful too.

What can I do here? If I wait will he come round eventually? Can I use an editor to change his attitude?

This is an area where the game really needs more communication. It should tell you why he doesn't want to sign a new contract, not just a blanket "I'm not interested in entering discussions".

At the very least there should be a private chat option of "Why don't you want to sign a new deal?"

There have been no previous discussions which broke down. I haven't broken any promises either. Out of curiosity I holidayed to May and it appears he's locked into this state for good. Another promising young player got into this state too in May but when I reloaded back to March I could negotiate a new contract as he hadn't yet started considering his options. It looks like it might be a bug that the reason for this unhappiness is not stated anywhere.

Archived