Question about signing players in lower leagues

I am not yet familiar with the rules in the lower leagues in England. I always thought you could sign a player on a free when he is in his last 6 months of contract. Now, i am managing a professional team in the Skrill Premier, but in january, i'm not able to approach players with contracts running out in june. Is this a rule i am not aware of?

If they are currently employed with a club in the English tier and your managing a English tier club you will not be able to sign them on a pre-contract untill they are in there last month of there contract around June if i remember correctly, however you can sign players in other leagues e.g. Ireland Scotland on pre-contracts within the 6 months left

If they are currently employed with a club in the English tier and your managing a English tier club you will not be able to sign them on a pre-contract untill they are in there last month of there contract around June if i remember correctly, however you can sign players in other leagues e.g. Ireland Scotland on pre-contracts within the 6 months left

Close, it's 6 weeks.

Also remember the reverse is true - Irish, Scottish and Welsh (well bascially any non-english side) can still poach your players from Jan if their contracts are expiring whilst English sides need to wait until the last six weeks.

Archived