More goals needed

I have finally made a tactic that appears to be quite stable defensively however my attacking play has suffered. I have only scored 6 goals in 9 premier league games with Liverpool which is obviously not enough. Any recommendations as to how I can improve this?

lxj3.jpg

You'll want the striker to drop deeper and not get isolated, change him to support.

I'm assuming this is Liverpool, right? You should have no problem scoring loads of goals. This formation is fine.

In terms of your roles/duties I don't see any issues and that's really personal preference.

Control + balanced is a solid foundation for an attacking tactic, good stuff. The lower tempo+shorter passing will take out some of the "oomph" from the control mentality, but that can be a good thing if you want to play possession football or if the AI is sitting back and countering.

Other thing to note: play narrower and pass into space are two options that you don't need to have on all the time, or from the beginning. For example, with my Arsenal, I don't usually choose any of the shape/penetration instructions until I know my opponent and see what's happening. I've got a set of basic instructions that create our style but, in general I keep it simple. That allows me to make substantive changes to adapt to my opponents without changing everything around.

I'm using same tactics with my low league portuguese club. Really nice tactics, with strong defense, and yes - for long time I've problems creating enough chances and shots.

First of all, advice already given here are true - you'll need to drop striker deeper. For me I even use my only striker as DLF with support duty. And it still works pretty fine for me.

It is possible you can feel lack of width when attacking. So, you can try use your fullbacks as wingbacks. And one more thing. I don't think it is too important, but I see this tactis as counter with rigid or very rigid philosophy. As for me - gameplay with this tactics should be slow in defence, but very fast when attacking, so i prefer "higher tempo".

Don't forget - players will need time to settle with your new tactis, so be sure to play 3-5 matches before making major changes.

Cheers for the tips guys. I finished my first season and continued to struggle for goals. I am going to drop Suarez to CF S as recommended. I actually always used to have my lone striker as a DLF S but didnt realise changing to attack would leave him so isolated.

The only reason I had play narrower on was because I thought the problem was how far apart my attacking player were but perhaps not. Also thought it would help defensively but I suppose the HB will help by dropping into the backline when defending.

I'll keep you posted. Cheers

If you feel your game is too narrow when attack - may be it is real issue. In first matches I'm also used one of my winger midfielder as inside forward, but feels like we play to narrow in cause of his cut inside - so we have about 3-4 players in center and there was not enough space for them. So, may be you should try to play with two wingers - one with attack duty and another with support. It also may help to build more wide play.

Good luck with your team.

YES! i'm using the same tactic and having problem with scoring as well!

I already used CF(S) role but my stiker(domenico berardi) only scores 12 in 1 season :(

I even tried TQ and F9 but no improvement. below is my current tactic.

14mewew.jpg

Team Instructions : Shorter passing, pass into space, work ball into box, exploit the flanks, Hassle opponents, Higher Tempo.

ANY suggestions please... perhaps i need to change my TIs ?

To be honest I'm having an absolute nightmare with my game. No matter what I try I cannot seem to pickup results. Even in the 2nd season after I clung onto my job I am doing awful.

Will post some screenshots up shortly and see if you peeps can solve my FM14 nightmare. I don't want to hate the game but right now I can't help it. Keep texting my friend telling him how bad the game is (because I can't play it) yet I still find myself trying it every night lol

To be honest I'm having an absolute nightmare with my game. No matter what I try I cannot seem to pickup results. Even in the 2nd season after I clung onto my job I am doing awful.

Will post some screenshots up shortly and see if you peeps can solve my FM14 nightmare. I don't want to hate the game but right now I can't help it. Keep texting my friend telling him how bad the game is (because I can't play it) yet I still find myself trying it every night lol

Head over to my profile, and look through the threads I've started. You'll see that when I first joined this site I was exactly in your shoes. Now I've got a save going where I am the greatest American-born manager in history. You will improve, and I promise the game is not screwing you or anything like that. Read my threads, and try to get another perspective on how you can do things.

If you need extra help start your own thread, and don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Head over to my profile, and look through the threads I've started. You'll see that when I first joined this site I was exactly in your shoes. Now I've got a save going where I am the greatest American-born manager in history. You will improve, and I promise the game is not screwing you or anything like that. Read my threads, and try to get another perspective on how you can do things.

If you need extra help start your own thread, and don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Cheers buddy

Ok so as I said I have got multiple screenshots here which will hopefully highlight where my issues lie in the tactic. One thing that bugs me is that people are using a similar tactic and say there is no reason why it shouldn't do ok yet I struggle haha.

This is my setup and my preferred line-up:

rjqf.jpg

Where my goals are conceded:

q2xx.jpg

What type of goals I concede:

lduv.jpg

I use this as my starting tactic in most games and results are very inconsistent. My team morale was good but obviously as results continued to be poor the morale decreased which I know won't help matters. My morale is pretty low right now also lol.

Ok so as I said I have got multiple screenshots here which will hopefully highlight where my issues lie in the tactic. One thing that bugs me is that people are using a similar tactic and say there is no reason why it shouldn't do ok yet I struggle haha.

This is my setup and my preferred line-up:

rjqf.jpg

Where my goals are conceded:

q2xx.jpg

What type of goals I concede:

lduv.jpg

I use this as my starting tactic in most games and results are very inconsistent. My team morale was good but obviously as results continued to be poor the morale decreased which I know won't help matters. My morale is pretty low right now also lol.

You're being shafted down the flanks mate. The proof is in the diagrams here. My guess is that what's going on, is that because you're playing a higher mentality (control), the 2 AML/AMR's are not helping out much defensively. The 2 fullbacks behind them are left to deal with a lot of problems, and they're being beaten. Those assists say it all.

What I would recommend is either lowering the team mentality to "standard" and seeing how it goes, or perhaps going with a 4-1-4-1 and play a WM with "cuts inside" + a winger. That will give you the "IF / W" that you have in the AML/AMR spots right now, but further back. Don't worry, they'll be plenty involved in the attack.

Also, what type of football are you trying to play? Possession or attacking? Control is a misleading name as it will have you playing pretty quick and direct. Lower mentalities are really good for possession tactics. Standard / Counter are what I am referring to in this case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks mate. I'm not too concerned about possession, i'd quite happily take 50/50 each game or less if I was a strong attacking team.

On FM13 I always used a counter attack. I will try standard or counter initially before dropping players deeper and see if that helps. If not I will certainly try the 4-1-4-1. Would you still recommend the CF S leading the line?

Thanks mate. I'm not too concerned about possession, i'd quite happily take 50/50 each game or less if I was a strong attacking team.

On FM13 I always used a counter attack. I will try standard or counter initially before dropping players deeper and see if that helps. If not I will certainly try the 4-1-4-1. Would you still recommend the CF S leading the line?

You don't necessarily need to add "drop deeper" while also using standard/counter. Those mentalities will have a lower-ish line by default but see how it goes and make your adjustments to your desired style.

the CF-S is great, yes.

The biggest thing is to just have a clear vision in mind and go for it. You're never going to win every single game, or not make a mistake. The whole point is, in my view, to get results and play the style that you want to play.

Agree with everything Bababooey has said.

Have a look at your player selection alongside their roles and duties. You have an attacking CM, with an attacking FB alongside an IF. Switch Gerrard and Coutinho around - keep their respective roles. You should notice some improvement :thup:

It is possible you can feel lack of width when attacking. So, you can try use your fullbacks as wingbacks. And one more thing. I don't think it is too important, but I see this tactis as counter with rigid or very rigid philosophy. As for me - gameplay with this tactics should be slow in defence, but very fast when attacking, so i prefer "higher tempo".

i saw that using WB(S) will make my player position is quite high in the field.. and it makes vulnerable to counter-attack. using FB(S) is more stable? but they have less-attacking mind?

do you mind to share your tactic?

You don't necessarily need to add "drop deeper" while also using standard/counter. Those mentalities will have a lower-ish line by default but see how it goes and make your adjustments to your desired style.

the CF-S is great, yes.

The biggest thing is to just have a clear vision in mind and go for it. You're never going to win every single game, or not make a mistake. The whole point is, in my view, to get results and play the style that you want to play.

Hi bababooey, can you help take a look on my tactic above? my ST isn't really productive.. i'm quite dissapointed with my tactic currently. can you advise on how to improve it? thks

Archived