Replacement to Rooney

So he needed a new challenge - after my 1st season. In which we won all but the UCL, made the semi's though. I had to sell him, sold chicarito too, Welbeck's just a back up to RVP who was a beast for me. Rooney was also brilliant, I had them working really well together but a possible replacement will be awkward as it is January. RVP for me does so well as an AF, Rooney was a DLF(s) and I need a decent, promising player to fill that role. Welbeck is flat in it, never really does much in the role at all.

I know I can search in game, its running as I write this but I want some feedback on people that have signed certain players, so I'm not wasting my budget on a guy that just ends up a flop! We haven't lost yet, 15 games in, thank's to form from Ayew, Valencia and Mata. But RVP alone up front leaves us limited and Welbeck as a lone striker is just a poacher, so it makes my side even more limited.

Kevin Volland and Lucas Pratto seem like good candidates to me, anyone had these 2 players?

Cheers!

Nothing at all constructive there then!

He needs development in certain areas but he is very capable at playing in the AM position or striker position with a bit of retraining, he's young and English (which is always a plus for United) and he's always turned out very well for me when I use to replace Rooney.

Im surprised you could sell Rooney. Ive never been able to give him away never mind sell him. And I think every save ive played RVP has been nothing but injured and I end up selling him for around £8m at the end of season 1 because thats all teams will offer.

Im surprised you could sell Rooney. Ive never been able to give him away never mind sell him. And I think every save ive played RVP has been nothing but injured and I end up selling him for around £8m at the end of season 1 because thats all teams will offer.
this..... I cant get a bidder for rooney/kagawa even if I set it to 0 ???? transfer system is broken regarding selling

best thing i would recommend is bring henriquez into the fold hes been amazing for me in the second season had around 30 games scoring 21 goals & 13 assists i had rvp tutoring him and hes just basically become a younger version of rvp thats not injury prone 17 finishing 14 composure just give both of them runs in the side couple of months each

this..... I cant get a bidder for rooney/kagawa even if I set it to 0 ???? transfer system is broken regarding selling

He asked to leave and PSG were ready! I signed Volland, who did start well but rotating him and Welbeck worked really well. In the end they got just over 10 each in all competitions. Welbeck managed 17. Kagawa/Mata/Insigne were just unstoppable for me though, RVP was scoring/creating but them 3 averaged an assist a game and 7.7 and above. I worked hard on Powell but he never really does much and I spent time looking at him and what I could use him for/training him and he seems average but there's still time. I never ruled out him ever replacing Rooney, but I needed a player to do the job for half a season and Powell is nowhere near the standard required for the big games.

I've got solid back up now anyway, 2 promising youngsters and 1 possibly good one (regen youths in March) to work on as well as Powell and co. The one positive thing that I have with the regens is one of them is a striker. I'll be working hard to make him RVP's long-term replacement :D

Archived