BUCS Universities & Colleges League

adamjdyer

Hi All,

I'm looking at creating the BUCS League, complete with regional divisions and (as close as I can get) Kits, Stadiums/Pitches etc.

However I need some help, so if anyone here goes to a Uni or College that competes in the BUCS league and if you want to get involved then can you provide me with an image of their current kit, where they play etc. Or if you'd like to create the kit yourself, go ahead. Every little helps!

Also, does anyone know if you can edit the game so that Clubs cannot purchase new players? Obviously with this league the clubs will have a new intake of students each year so I'm looking for the clubs to rely on that rather than purchasing new players.

I have no 'date' in which this will be completed, if it's just me then it'll be a while!

LUAKdAP.png[/center

Give me 'til tomorrow and I'll give you some info on Leeds Trinity University. TBH, I'm not 100% sure if the football team are in the BUCS league or whether they compete in something else. It's a rugby college really, but the women's footy team are definitely in the BUCS so I assume the men's are too. IIRC, the kits were red and black stripes with black shorts and black socks (away kit unknown). I've made an LTU team for myself and it has a stadium set, complete with longitude and latitude so I can give you that tomorrow.

The only way I've fund thus far to stop teams buying is placing all clubs under a transfer embargo til 31/12/2100 and allowing no loan singings in the respective division, this appears to work but I'd need to double check This is based on my experience with Korea and the U-League

Give me 'til tomorrow and I'll give you some info on Leeds Trinity University. TBH, I'm not 100% sure if the football team are in the BUCS league or whether they compete in something else. It's a rugby college really, but the women's footy team are definitely in the BUCS so I assume the men's are too. IIRC, the kits were red and black stripes with black shorts and black socks (away kit unknown). I've made an LTU team for myself and it has a stadium set, complete with longitude and latitude so I can give you that tomorrow.

Fantastic, thanks mate!

The only way I've fund thus far to stop teams buying is placing all clubs under a transfer embargo til 31/12/2100 and allowing no loan singings in the respective division, this appears to work but I'd need to double check This is based on my experience with Korea and the U-League

Didn't think about transfer embargoes, but it sounds like it would work. I'll give it go, thanks for the tip!

oops, forgot about this thread. The perils of post midnight posting. Anyway, as promised, some stats:

First off, whenever I make Trinity, I always add the town "Horsforth" to the list of cities in the database. This is where LTU is based and also the birthplace of James Milner, so I add that info to his profile also. The info on Horsforth, should you wish to use it (if not, you can just set LTU's city as Leeds):

Name: Horsforth

Nation: England

Local Region: Yorkshire and the Humber

Attraction: 3 (I'm not too sure how this works exactly and if 3 might be too low, so you may want to leave it at 0)

Inhabitants Range: 2501-5000 (This may be slightly low, as I'm not sure how far the town boundaries go, but it is a pretty small place)

Citizen Description: Horsfordian (or Horsforthian)

Lat.: 53.849

Long.: -1.646

Alt.: 77 (google said it was at 77 feet or 77 metres, I can't remember which and there's no indication of which measure is used in the editor so I just whacked 77 in and hoped for the best)

Now, "stadium" details. It's just a couple of pitches on campus, nothing special, but here's the settings I use:

Name: LTUC All-Weather Pitch

City: Horsforth (or Leeds)

Owner: LTU

Capacity: 500

Seating Capacity: 100

Expansion Capacity: 5000 (you should probably leave this at zero but when I make a Trinity team it's for an assault on the non-leagues, so I always give us a bit of room to expand)

Pitch Type: Synthetic - New Type

Pitch Condition: 180

Pitch Deterioration Rate: Slow

Build Date: 1/9/2012

Lat.: 53.847

Long.: -1.644

Archived