World Class strikers missing CCC's

Hi,

Whilst not that long ago i used to blame the faillure of tactics to the ME, etc..

Reading a lot on forums, blogs, etc made me open my eyes and now I realise that there is no real bad tactic, only a tactic that needs tweaking and managing..:-)

My current problem, however, does not have that much to do with tactics persé.

I am playing with PSG and whilst i'm still in the search of a tactic that really gives me a good feeling with this team i have noticed that cavani and ibrahimovic (without a doubt some of the best strikers in the world) are not able to finish of there chances..

If i would have known how to add screenshots i would have but sadly i dont..

Both of them have good or better morale... my training (shedule and trainers) should be sufficiënt...

They also get enough chances per game to cancel out the 'bad effort' and 'super save of GK'... it just happens way to offen..

I dont put to much pressure on them but they still miss chances..

Does anyone have any tips or hints how to get ( and keep) my strikers sharp and on the edge in front of goal?

I play a simple 4-4-2 with ibra in a false 9 and cavani in the poacher role.. They both get there chances from within the box (sometimes even the 6-yard box)

Thank you in advance!

Gr Silver

My formation is this:

Gk/d Siringu

FB/s CD/d CD/d FB/s Jallet Alex Tiago Silva Dinge

W/a AP/s CM/d W/a Lucas Verrati Khedira Pastore

P/a F9/s Cavani Ibra

Balanced/control

*passing shorter

*push higher up

*hassle opposition

*play wider

*play lower tempo

*play out of defense

*tackle harder

Hope thats more clear?

Thanks allready for the response

You have a decent looking system there. Not much wrong with it. What type of chances are they having? Are they in space, or crowded? They taken from angles? Headers or to feet? They may be close to goal, but for example a tight shot on weaker foot, at an angle while crowded is still very hard.

Other than that, good man-management to keep pressure off when necessary (or to speak to them to remind them of their poor goalscoring form) can really work wonders too.

Thanks!

it is mainly based on hints and tips from you guys (wich i am very thankfull for! )

The chances are mainly inside the box. Few are in space. Indeed the box is mostly crowded because of my (slower) build up play i guess. I have tried playing a bit deeper and faster in order to have less players of the opposition in their box but I feel that limits my chances a bit. I also think that ibra and cavani are not fast enough to get to the space behind the defence.. I rarely seem them doing it in real life .. :-)

The angles of the chances are from every part really (left right and centre).

Do you think the *retain possesion* shout might keep them a bit more calmer in front of goal?

Also, in order of training, could this problem be more handled by 'bal control' or 'attacking'?

I feel that ball control could provide them more stability in their shots but attacking might generate more chances....

Its all so confusing... haha..:-)

Thanks for your response!

ParisSaint-Germain-SCBastia_SelectiethuisploegOverzicht_zps3a33a186.png

This is the formation i'm playing atm

I've had a similar problem for a while, score the hard chances and miss the easy ones but i put it down to the inexperience of my players but i'd think Ibra and Cavani would be able to finish given they are probably twice as good. Maybe Ibra as a complete forward - support and Cavani complete forward - attack, getting them both roaming from position a bit? Might give them the freedom encourage them to get into the positions they like shooting from rather than where they end up. I've never tried to complete forwards myself as never had the talent for it but no harm in trying. Can always switch back if it's not working tactically.

Other option would be to get them on heavy shooting or composure individual training to see if that works.

I share your pain though as it is so frustrating to watch sometimes.

Hey jamez,

I've played with ibra in CF S for a while and cavani as a AF A.. but that way it was harder for the rest of my team to find ibra.. always scores between 6.00 and 6.50..

It is frustrating sometimes indeed.. definatly if the other team scores afterwards and wins/ties a game that should have been an easy win.. :-)

On the other hand it does give me hope that i can be a striker at PSG to, I could definatly miss chances like that to.. :-)

Greetz!

Hey jamez,

I've played with ibra in CF S for a while and cavani as a AF A.. but that way it was harder for the rest of my team to find ibra.. always scores between 6.00 and 6.50..

It is frustrating sometimes indeed.. definatly if the other team scores afterwards and wins/ties a game that should have been an easy win.. :-)

On the other hand it does give me hope that i can be a striker at PSG to, I could definatly miss chances like that to.. :-)

Greetz!

Ah you see i don't often play with 2 men up front so i often you use a CF- Support as my lone target man as it helps with the support play so unless they miss more than 3 chances they tend to get a decent rating. Thing as soon as they miss a CCC the rating drops massively i find.

I had the opposition goalkeeper win MOM 3 games in a row the other night. Proper banging head against wall stuff but i shall persevere and hope that eventually the easy chances will turn into goals and the flood gates will open....I can dream.

Archived