Carlisle Utd - push for promotion !?

LUFC 08

Took my carlisle team into the championship, finished 4th in my 1st season in the championship and was beaten in the playoffs by Birmingham.

Joe Garner scored an incredible 42 goals last season so I am not in need of a striker. I have £1.8m to spend and am really looking at improving my midfield with a player who can score goals aswell as create a few.

Im also looking for a right-back as Danny Mills was a major disappointment last season.

Any ideas ???

Lansbury on loan great on the right wing or through the middle fired my Crewe team to the premier league also try walter garcia at CB doesnt cost too much and is solid. Take alook at Sebastian Blancoi not sure if you can get a work permit but he is wicked in midfield aswell.

Lansbury wont come, I don't think the reputation of the club is big enough yet as there are quite a number of players who wont move on loan from the Premiership.

Sebastian Blanco is out of my price range I bidded £1.7m and was rejected.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Strange I had Lansbury on loan at my Crewe side for the first two seasons. Just checked my second season transfers I had Manuel Mancini for 325k but he was sold by the board the following year for £2 million. Also got a midfielder called Masiello for free. Not sure if they had a random PA or random stats but both played pretty well especially Mancini. Roy O'Donovan was brilliant on the right wing for me on loan aswell.

Try Pisculichi plays for some arabian side I signed him for around £1.5 million for QPR and he was wicked has a big PA and I managed to get a work permit for him easily aswell.

Thanks for the added help however not much luck with the players you suggested. Masiello and Mancini aren't on my game for whatever reason, I'm using large database aswell so not sure there.

Pisculichi has moved to Hannover and is worth £3m now which is out of my budget, shame as he looks like a player who would suit me well.

I managed to sign Dean Sinclair from Charlton for £150k he has played superb in pre-season in an attacking midfield role, I also claimed the services of Matt Charlton on a season long loan from Derby... again done well in pre-season and hopefully they can carry on the good form into the league.

For now I think I will keep ahold of my £1.7m budget until a bargain deal arises.

Archived