How do I make fm14 go to the "matches" screen in the world cup?

You know how for competitions your team is in, every time there are matches it goes to the matches screen and shows you the score of every match that day? Can I make it do that for the world cup? I swear I have tried every option I could think of. Any help would be awesome.

Preferences ---> Interface ---> Screen Flow

In Screen Flow you can select the competition and choose when it should pop up with what information.

Thank you so much! I always miss those little extra tabs, and I had not seen the screen flow tab before.

You'll effectively set up 2 pages.

So select the Matches screen and "Morning" --> Add Screen.

Then select Matches again, but the select "Evening". --> Add Screen

I have both of those set up, but it doesn't stop in the evening.

It's a pain, but before the tournament starts, click to attend one match in each day of the 1st round of matches. That will ensure the game stops on the game day with the fixtures. When that happens, click the 'attend' bit to stop yourself viewing the match, then hit continue. Even though you've decided against going to the matches, you'll still get the results back in the newsfeed.

That one works, another way I've not tried myself could be to add yourself in as a new manager of one of the competing teams, and resign on the day of the 1st match. You may well find you'll still get the scores displayed for every match. Then just retire that manager after the tournament.

Of course, it would be better if it was just simple to click a button and it worked, but there you are.

Archived