filter out free agents in the editor

Gazza88

Hi guys.

What do I need to do, or rather would like to do, is be able to filter out all the players without a club in the database. I've tried putting "none" "unattached" "free" and "free agent" in the club option but brings back 0 results.

Just wondering if I'm being a bit thick or there isn't a way to do it.

I'm not after a free agents DB or anything like that.

Hi guys.

What do I need to do, or rather would like to do, is be able to filter out all the players without a club in the database. I've tried putting "none" "unattached" "free" and "free agent" in the club option but brings back 0 results.

Just wondering if I'm being a bit thick or there isn't a way to do it.

I'm not after a free agents DB or anything like that.

You want to filter out Free Agents as in not have them showing? Or filter out everybody else so that just free agents show?

If you want to see just free agents/just guys who aren't on a club then it is pretty simple. You only need to set two things in the filter. Select "Person Type" and make sure it is set as "player" and then go select "club" and select it as "is" but don't fiil out the box, just leave it blank. Therefore it will show everyone who is not on a club.

Think about it bud! When you search for a player and the list shows up, what is under the club column? It is the name of the Club. When the guy is not on a club, what does it say under the Club column? Does it say "free" or "free agent" or "none"? No it doesn't. Neither of those are names of clubs. Names of clubs is all that is going to show up under that column, not the person's contact status. So setting it as Club - "is"____ and then leaving the box blank will show every player who doesn't have a club name under the club column. Which means that they are not on a club.

Of course..... I honestly thought leaving club blank would show everybody up. It's not very often I use the editor for this purpose, or even to search players. I usually use it to mess with other people's database (ie I usually get a England to level 8/9/10 and create my own new team. I add a few players but that's creating new ones and not searching for existing.

Of course..... I honestly thought leaving club blank would show everybody up. It's not very often I use the editor for this purpose, or even to search players. I usually use it to mess with other people's database (ie I usually get a England to level 8/9/10 and create my own new team. I add a few players but that's creating new ones and not searching for existing.

Ya it just takes playing around with to find how to use it. The filter can be trick too. Glad I could help.

Archived