So who should have World class reputation then, if not him?

I just noticed something a bit weird..... Diego Maradona having a Continental reputation. Ok i know he hasn't had a successful managing carreer, but Maradona.....continental reputation? Even if we accept that he has not been a great manager, he managed the Argentina National Team 4 years ago.

I'm just wondering about how staff reputation is measured. Isn't the past career as footballer taken into consideration? Surely Maradona then should have more reputation than let's say Jan Jansen, current manager of Holland.

Just a thought here, I'm not criticising :)

It think its pretty clear that before his first job Maradona could have had a high reputation off the back of his success as a player (but for all the drugs and shooting at journalists)

Having proven to be a fairly awful manager he has destroyed that reputation down to far below what his glittering playing career would have given him

I think continental is actually pretty high, as I don't think there are a whole lot of teams outside of Argentina who would seriously consider hiring him as manager. His player reputation is still world wide obviously, but as his playing days are long gone, that's not displayed in the interface.

I think reputation is not the correct word to use then, maybe "attainment" or "success", pardon my english, it's not my first language. When I think of it, a reputable manager is not necessarily a successful manager, and Maradona highlights this.

On that thought, when Rooney or other reputable players retire in your game and become staff members, is their reputation downgraded to Continental? I haven't played that far in the game to know

It's reputation in the context of their current job.

The whole world has heard of Maradonna, the football player, even if they don't really care about football at all, they'll recognize his name and know he used to be a famous football player. However, many of them will not be aware he's a manager now, or even if they know, it's not what comes first to mind.

Same thing with Marco van Basten for example. Worldwide people will think of the AC Milan player if they hear his name, only Dutch people are likely to think about the current manager of SC Heerenveen first.

Louis van Gaal on the other hand (or Jan Jansen in the game), people worldwide will think of the manager of Barcelona, Bayern and the Dutch national team, only a few people will know he used to be a midfielder at Sparta Rotterdam.

Michael Jordan has a worldwide reputation as basketball player, a continental player as baseball player, an unproven reputation as actor and only a reputation with his own family for taking extremely long showers, while nobody has ever heard of his qualities as Elvis Presly imitator, as he keeps that a secret.

Archived