[FM14] [RELEASED] Clas(sic)

Drakestone

INTRODUCING: CLAS(SIC)

I decided to make the base FMC skin for FM Mode that does not include any modifications to it's look, hence the name.

SCREENSHOTS:

v2qd.pngxeqb.png

67in.pngdmhi.png

6t6k.pngq36h.png

CHANGELOG:

31/3/14 - Updated to v1.1

1. Included SUSIE style manager in header.

2. Replaced Pre and Post match screens.

31/3/14 - Updated to v1.02

1. Added Team Competition/Position to team titlebar

2. Fixed Stats page in Player Report section

3. White Background Overlay added

4. Fixed lack of attributes colour options in Preferences.

5. Fixed date and time in menubar to stop it from clipping

29/3/14 - Updated to v1.01:

1. Inbetween match highlights panel replaced due to fmc panel calling a function that doesnt exist in FM mode.

28/3/14 - Initial release v1.0.

INSTALLATION:

Extract the clas(sic) and clas(sic) widgets folder to:

C:/Users/<yourusername>/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2014/skins

If this folder does not exist, create it.

CREDITS:

Sports Interactive; For the original Base FMC Skin

JL94x4 and j4y_z; For bug testing

scotty1974; For work on the team titlebar

TomDixon77; For the SUSIE Manager images used in the header.

Any bugs, let me know!! :)

DOWNLOAD

This skin crashes when trying to watch games in split screen Drakestone

You can now ;)

q36h.png

No more R6025 error btw, just need to redo a couple of panels and it'll be done. Will get a good working version up tomorrow daytime.

And here it is, earlier than expected. Should be no errors this time.

29/3/2014 - Updated to v1.01:

1. Inbetween match highlights panel replaced due to fmc panel calling a function that doesnt exist in FM mode.

Any bugs, let me know!! :)

DOWNLOAD

Can anyone else report a R6025 on the new version? Is it working OK for you MBarbaric?

As I've said I've played about 5 games with it to test and make sure using every mode (full and split) and going through matchday widgets and screens to make sure its functional.

Before installing the update please make sure the previous version is deleted from your skins folder first (both the clas(sic) and clas(sic) widgets folders) and make sure you clear your skin cache and have caching disabled on first reload.

Happy to confirm that R6025 ist gone. Everythings running smoothly, except the team instructions button in match view is a bit small and the training calendar panel is a bit unreadable...

I'll take a look later on tonight Jay, should be as simple as changing the font colour or changing the buttons.

@MBarbaric: Not sure about why custom flags wouldn't be picked up. Can I have a screenshot of the logo on the news screen as I'm not seeing that issue, it may be because of resolution.

ok just drop into your clissic panels folder, not the widgets one make sure its the folder that says classics then look for you panels folder drop them in and overwrite old ones :thup:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pjayywq8uqcgzxh/team+titlebar.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa9kmpiau184rpa/titlebar.xml

Another link if these dont work

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24145444/Titlebar+and+Team+titlebar+xml.rar

OK, I have noticed the press conference thing now and I should be able to fix it I think. I can't really give you an answer about the custom flags because I've never heard of it being an issue in any skin before but I'll investigate it anyway. Stats screen I have also noticed (it's the only actual panel that doesn't work for some reason) so I will include the original panel for it in next update. Attributes colours is due to it being an FMC skin which doesnt include that option, I'll need to add that too from the FM base skin.

ok just drop into your clissic panels folder, not the widgets one make sure its the folder that says classics then look for you panels folder drop them in and overwrite old ones :thup:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pjayywq8uqcgzxh/team+titlebar.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa9kmpiau184rpa/titlebar.xml

Cheers scotty, I'll add it to the skin for next release and add you to the credits.

Another link if these dont work

http://www.gamefront.com/files/24145444/Titlebar+and+Team+titlebar+xml.rar

Cheers scotty, I'll add it to the skin and credit you in the OP.

New update

31/3/14 - Updated to v1.02

Added Team Competition/Position to team titlebar

Fixed Stats page in Player Report section

White Background Overlay added

Fixed lack of attributes colour options in Preferences.

Fixed date and time in menubar to stop it from clipping

Still investigating a few other flaws.

DOWNLOAD

PLEASE NOTE: Remember to delete your clas(sic) and clas(sic) widgets folders first before installing.

Yep, at the moment I'm bugfixing on Vexillium so I can get an update out for that but once I'm done (an hour or so) I'll go through re-adding panels from FM Full mode into the Clas(sic) skin so it stops using the FMC panels. Should have another update out for it tonight I hope.

I agree, I like the Headlines page (as that looks like a newspaper) but the Inbox panel seems very dull. It probably could be done but would require a lot of work.

Anyway, this look better? (still needs fine tuning ie. labels are too big in places, font needs to be made smaller or be able to span over two lines)

cd5v.png

Yes I agree, the actual image that controls the inbox item background is located in the fmc2013-widgets folder which you cant access so ill include the images in the skin in the next release so you can edit it.

It'll be located at clas(sic)/graphics/boxes/plain/inbox letter

@j4y_z: I agree about the FLUT skin and that's exactly the reason why I made this skin. Jackhammer made the FMC skin for FM13 but it used to throw up the R6025 error on later updates of the game.

Also...does this look better?

q1wv.png

Yes I agree, the actual image that controls the inbox item background is located in the fmc2013-widgets folder which you cant access so ill include the images in the skin in the next release so you can edit it.

It'll be located at clas(sic)/graphics/boxes/plain/inbox letter

@j4y_z: I agree about the FLUT skin and that's exactly the reason why I made this skin. Jackhammer made the FMC skin for FM13 but it used to throw up the R6025 error on later updates of the game.

Also...does this look better?

q1wv.png

Liking it! SUSIE!!

Thats ok, once I've got the team titlebar working to match the titlebar i'll release a mini update that includes the graphics you need to edit. I might replace the pre and post match screens with the default FM ones so it contains more info and is less....black. As for the 'why am i getting this news' part, I've had a lot of issues getting it to display in my other skins (its also empty in Steklo) so I may or may not add that back in dependant on if i can get it to display correctly.

@JR866Gunner: SUSIE indeed, only issue being the fact that its kind of owned by SUSIE so there may be some issues with me using it. I took it from the old SUSIE skin for FM09 and modded it to work in this one.

OK then, mini update:

31/3/14 - Updated to v1.1

1. Included SUSIE style manager in header.

2. Replaced Pre and Post match screens.

Is it just me that gets odd graphical glitches in places?

DOWNLOAD

@MBarbaric: The bit I was talking about is from the official Sortitoutsi.net skin from FM09, which is not owned by SI. So, although I will put it in the credits, don't be surprised if it ends up not being included by default at some point. I will have to ask TomDixon for permission (if I remember rightly it was he whom made the original skin)

No, it's not an official SI skin, its the official SUSIE skin (ie the websites official branded skin)

Hopefully by replacing the inbox item.xml in the panels folder or at least some code from it the logo glitch on the news screen should be gone.

Also, I included the graphics you needed in this update so feel free to edit it, I can already think of a reason why what you are looking at doing may be difficult though. Basically all the images around the edges are separate but the image that controls the middle (the plain white bit) stretches dependant on resolution.

the file that stretches the most is the one called paper_middle_middle.png

they do it on purpose so that all graphics fit any resolution and is similar to what you'd do in HTML to make headers or background images stretch, it does make doing anything with detail difficult though.

@MBarbaric: Try using ALT+F9 for screenshots, it saves your screenshots to the screenshot folder (its in the same place as your graphics and skins folders) and yes I do know how to put things in and whatnot and I'll get round to doing something with it once all the little functionality bugs are fixed.

@Willz: I'm trying to keep the skin as close to the base FMC one as possible to avoid the sort of issues some people have with the FMC FLUT skin, so in short, no. You could do this yourself using Photoshop by editing the graphics/boxes/plain images.

@mlodziezowy: Thanks for the bug report, I'll get round to fixing that for the next update then. I'm also seeing the same thing (was caused by replacing the pre-match screen)

Hello,

One thing I have noticed in a press conference is that the players profile pic is cut of so you only see the top of the players head!

I was looking to resize the squad screen ( I have modified the row height on the league table screen with success) but cannot see a way to do the same on the squad screen.

Also the pre match screen shows previous games but right at the bottom there is some kind of header box which would hoghlight previous results however there is nothing below that header, hope that makes more sense typed out rather than in my head!

One other thing, the minimise/maximise button on 2D match screen has no effect and changes nothing :)

Archived