Work Permits?

Okay, so, I hired Eddie Johnson as a scout because, well, He was American and I wanted someone from America. He had the knowledge of this absolute gem of a regen I could just barely sign with my max salary. Problem being, of course, that he was Canadian: but I've heard that if they play with their national team that it's easier to get a work permit (and he's had 6 caps already at age 19)? I actually have a guy from America on my squad but he was contracted to Liverpool and an actual real guy (Marc Pelosi), so maybe it's easier once I get to the Championship or Premier league? I admit I haven't been able to find much on Work Permits (ingame ofc) in the manual or the internet...

Also, why do commonwealth nations need work permits? That's probably something to do with actual British law, obviously, but I was hoping there was a special relationship or something :(

Hey! Being Canadian is never a problem!! ;)

Canada established its own nationality law in 1947. The Commonwealth doesn't work like the EU; going to live/work in the England is just like going to live/work in the United States. All the Commonwealth really does for Canada is give the Commonwealth Games.

Archived