Is there a way around a negative transfer budget?

I'm in my first season with RB Leipzig. Started the year with no transfer budget but a nice wage budget. During the first half of the season, I had to pay 425K as a transfer clause for one of my players making X number of apperances. In hindsight I should've loaned him out or let him rot on the bench, but I didn't and now my transfer budget is -422K.

Anyway, I get to Dec. 30 and I notice Andrea Barberis is available to sign on a Bosman. This would be an incredible capture for the club, and he agrees to sign, but because of the negative transfer balance, the board won't let me adjust the budget to pay the 8K agent fee.

Is there any way I can get this deal done? Seems absurd that a club with as much money as RB Leipzig would miss out on a potential superstar over 8K. (It's equally absurd that Varese would let Barberis' contract almost run out, or that no other club would be interested, but that's not important right now.)

Is it really because it is minus 422 k you have can't adjust, or is it because you have some other transfers in progress?

You commonly see that you can't adjust due to open deals calculated on those budgets.

Technically is isn't really a refusal over the sake of 8k, but over 430 k, seeing as you are already 422 over waht you were supposed to do

Archived