How long does it take for a player to get over a bad team talk?

I got a full time team talk wrong in the 5th match of the season back in September and two of my players got annoyed by the team talk so i told them i'd work on my approach. We'd had an excellent start to the season scoring plenty of goals but complacency had start to come in and the assistant feedback was that a lot of the players

1 of the players, Sotiris Ninis, voted Greek player of the year last year and had an amazing start to the season getting 10 assists in his first 5 games with an average rating over 8.

It is now the end of December and they are still pissed off about it. When i try and talk to the player about their concerns they say they are still waiting to see if team talks improve. Neither player has had a red reaction to any of my team talks since yet still their morale is constantly poor and in there personal section they say they are annoyed about my team talks.

It's starting to **** me off as there is no way it should take that long for a player to get over one team talk and every game pretty much they show up as being complacent or very nervous. The result is that my main playmaker, Ninis' form has dropped dramatically and has only got another 2 assists since then and averaged around 6.5.

If my team talks haven't improved and it's still a problem then i should be able to do something about it but instead i have to put up with one of my best players being not mentally focused until goodness knows when.

Has anyone else had this? Other than dropping him any other ideas to make him get over one bloody team talk?

Archived