Board very strict in FM14?

I haven't played much FM this version, haven't found the time, but is it me or is 'the board' really strict this version? Which is a good thing, compared to the boards that would Always keep you on no matter what (except for relegation and applying to other jobs) in former FM's, but this seems a bit too much of a good thing.

I got my local team promoted in my first season, went top of the league the season after but come december of that season, after a string of close fought losses (5-4, 6-3, 2-1 etc) and draws, I found myself halfway up the table. No worries there in my opinion, in my first season at a higher level not a bad place to be in halfway through the season. I'm actually getting a bit bored rejecting all the job interview invitations that fly my way (logic thing, I'm doing pretty well after all) and the boards praise for being so loyal.

Then I draw a game 1-1 against a bottom club after not having won 6 games in a row as mentioned above (L-L-D-L-D-L or something like that) and I have to explain myself to the board for that result (great new feature by the way). I tell them "it's only one result and we were unlucky not to win", and they reply by saying they'll see if it goes better next game or else.. Then the Christmas/winter break arrives and I organise a friendly. I draw the game 3-3, which was hard to believe considering I had 4 times more shots on target, but when you're unlucky you're unlucky.

Next thing I know I'm sacked!

Pretty harsh if you ask me, I just rejected another job offer just before the friendly and was again praised for my loyalty by that very same board.

It seems that if I picked a far weaker team as an opponent for this friendly, a game I would win with ease, I would still be in the job. Two draws (the latter being a friendly even) cost me the job after a very successfull reign at this fully amateur club (so financed wouldnt have played a part). Or should I have replied differently to the boards questioning?

Other thing: afther this harsh sacking I didn't get the chance to say something in the media about this. Odd, as they ask you about unimportant stuff all the time, but after a shocker like this everyone goes silent.

Also I wonder if the job offers keep rolling in after my sacking. As I said I rejected a lot of them, even a day before my demise. Would be a real flaw in FM if the clubs suddenly stop approaching me because I'm clubless now. After three weeks still no spontaneous offers...

Yep, I can accept being unlucky and getting sacked after a dry period so to say. But after becoming champions and a pretty decent first half of the first season at a higher level, this seems extremely harsh. Where's the credit?

To get sacked because of a 3-3 draw in a friendly makes it.. well, unfair is not the right word I guess. I'm at level 8 or 9 mind you, not your typical 'bad result = the boot' kind of league.

Archived