Semi-Official FMM Wish List

On 27/07/2017 at 20:32, Joninho said:

There is an ongoing debate whether FMM is to easy or not.

Dear FM Mobile creators,

I've been a player for many years and continue to love the game. I've come on here for the 1st time today with a plea - please please could you stop the game getting too easy, or put more than one 'level' of difficultness in to choose at the beginning. 

I agree with Joninho above in many aspects, such as:

- I should not be able to take Bournemouth, win the league in my second season, and be able to keep my squad together. Just as Joninho says, in real life bigger clubs would come calling for my players, and they would agitate for moves. This rarely happens in FMM, and when it does, the big club probably makes only one bid which is easy to turn down; if the player is unhappy, you can ignore it and he generally plays ok and gets over it. This is too easy, and not like real life. Look at what's happened to Monaco this season, or with Virgil Von Dijk, or Coutinho. On FMM 17 in particular, it's just too easy to keep great players which in reality the real madrids, PSG or Chelsea's of this world would want, or the player would 'make himself unavailable ' to play until he got his move .

- I would also say that the number and severity of injuries remains just a bit too low, despite being a bit higher in FMM17 than in FMM16 and before. I generally can win everything with a squad of about 25 or 26 because of this. 

i understand the creators don't want a game that is too hard for newbies and youngsters who will get put off. So why not have 2 levels - standard and expert, with expert mirroring the player retention and management issues in real life. 

I don't know if anyone at SI games reads this anymore. It was so disappointing to win absolutely everything by my third season in FMM 17 - I really hope it can be made more realistic / hard for 2018

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/22/2017 at 09:42, dompeppe said:

i understand the creators don't want a game that is too hard for newbies and youngsters who will get put off. So why not have 2 levels - standard and expert, with expert mirroring the player retention and management issues in real life.

The reason the game feels easy is because training is too effective on the human's players as compared to the AI's players.  In a game ultimately driven by numbers, that has a big effect on the outcome.  I'm really hoping they revamp (or at least tone down) the effects of training in FMM18.

Alternatively, and I haven't tried this yet myself, you could try to self-impose a training limit of no higher than 1-2 medium regime and 0 intensives.  That may level the playing field somewhat.

On 8/22/2017 at 09:42, dompeppe said:

- I would also say that the number and severity of injuries remains just a bit too low, despite being a bit higher in FMM17 than in FMM16 and before. I generally can win everything with a squad of about 25 or 26 because of this. 

So can Real Madrid so I'm not sure I agree with this statement...

On 8/22/2017 at 15:42, dompeppe said:

Dear FM Mobile creators,

I've been a player for many years and continue to love the game. I've come on here for the 1st time today with a plea - please please could you stop the game getting too easy, or put more than one 'level' of difficultness in to choose at the beginning. 

I agree with this. FMM is far too easy. I have called for a two tier difficulty option before. I took over a team that was promoted to the Vanarama South League and got them promoted all the way to the Premier League in back to back seasons. The ease of signing young quality players for free or on the cheap helped me achieve this as did a very unrealistic and generous board with finances (Finances are very inconsistent in FMM. I found that I received (in a comparative sense) a more generous transfer budget managing Harlow Town which had a tiny stadium with poor facilities, than I did when managing Championship teams promoted to the Premier League).

My brother sometimes downloads FMM when it goes on sale. He isn't quite the fan that I am so he will dip into it every now and then. Every time he downloads it, I get a message from him saying something along the lines of "won the premier league in my first season", or "gave up playing it as I took Luton Town to the Champions League - so unrealistic". This is from someone who purchases FMM every other season.

I often see posts from players who find FMM difficult but that's not because FMM is difficult, It's because they haven't taken the time to learn to play the game.  Once you have understood FMM, you can pretty much play the same tactics in every career in every new releases and it will yield the same results. I was incredibly disappointed with FMM17 in the end. I stopped playing it four months ago because taking Harlow Town to the Premier League in back to back seasons, whilst beating Premier League teams in the League Cup along the way with ease, was just no fun for me.

SI really needs to address this issue otherwise the people who have supported this game for so long will give up on it.

I think in SIG's defence, FMM and its forebears have always been designed as a casual experience. Taking a non league team to Champions League glory was all part of the fun. It's really designed at the casual fan rather than the FM enthusiast who's going to find it limited even if they've given up the PC game. Problem is that as mobile devices have grown more powerful, the game has expanded greatly and people are expecting a greater challenge. I think the hard Brexit options make it tougher especially if you don't use unlockables for work permits, transfers and sugar daddy.

But I agree that it could be made harder for low status lower league clubs to sign quality young players and also quality veterans who walk out of giant clubs into second tier clubs for a small wage. (Messi scored 25 goals for my Championship Portsmouth side and he only played half the season because he couldn't hold his fitness). There needs to be more competition from the other clubs to sign these players. But not everyone would be happy if they were only able to sign mediocrity.

On 8/29/2017 at 22:25, Vane said:

I think in SIG's defence, FMM and its forebears have always been designed as a casual experience. Taking a non league team to Champions League glory was all part of the fun. It's really designed at the casual fan rather than the FM enthusiast who's going to find it limited even if they've given up the PC game. Problem is that as mobile devices have grown more powerful, the game has expanded greatly and people are expecting a greater challenge. I think the hard Brexit options make it tougher especially if you don't use unlockables for work permits, transfers and sugar daddy.

But I agree that it could be made harder for low status lower league clubs to sign quality young players and also quality veterans who walk out of giant clubs into second tier clubs for a small wage. (Messi scored 25 goals for my Championship Portsmouth side and he only played half the season because he couldn't hold his fitness). There needs to be more competition from the other clubs to sign these players. But not everyone would be happy if they were only able to sign mediocrity.

I don't disagree with this - you have made some valid points. But all I can say is that FMM attracts a large number of people who can't commit to the desktop version. Long gone are the days where I could spend all my time playing Football Manager so I look to FMM to give me that FM fix on my daily commute, lunch break or in bed when the misses is fast asleep. I would like FMM to be a casual experience in comparison to the desktop version but challenging enough for me to enjoy a realistic managerial simulation. I was chatting to my colleague at work and he told me that after getting Peterborough Utd promoted to the Premier League, he had £91M in the bank!

Maybe all that is needed is a few tweaks here and there, such as the issues highlighted in your post (players like Messi going to the Championship has been a long-running issue and this really spoils my enjoyment) but many of us have been banging on about these issue for quite some time and so I really wish our friends at SI would make these improvements as they could really come up with a fantastic game.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

12 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Maybe all that is needed is a few tweaks here and ther

There are three major areas contributing to this:

1. the AI is terrible at evaluating players - this applies to squad building and in general (too many good players available on free contracts, etc)
  2. Tactics engine is destroyed by the 442 bug
  3. Training turns players into superheros compared to the AI

Hoping to see improvements to all three in FMM18.

Been thinking about the 'lack of difficulty' issue for some. May be you could have permanent unlockables that would be restrictive rather than beneficial.

So when you unlock 'sugar daddy' you also unlock 'miser daddy' where you'll have a new chairman who snaffles most of your potential transfer budget, or worse, likes to sell off your most valuable players whether you like it or not and grab the profit!

You could also have a 'nation restriction' unlockable meaning that you must have for example at least 95% of players from your club's home nation in your 1st team squad. You could be really harsh and make it 100% just like it really is for some clubs.

Another could be a permanent winter transfer window ban unlockable where only the player's club is unable to trade in the winter. Of course the game's AI would need boosting as many computer controlled sides already don't trade in the winter.

Not saying they'd all work but like when you unlock super hard legendary modes in video games, you could have options like those to make your game artificially tougher.

I would like SI to add the ability for players to take up new nationalities after a set number of years in a country (this number varies from country to country, so I would understand if this feature would be dumbed down a little). In real life a lot of small nations rely on players taking up their nationality to make their national team competitive. This feature wouldn't really be of inconvenience to the user, but it would add to immersion, hence fitting the bill for an FMM feature. It could be implemented with occasionally inbox messages saying "x player is x number of years from gaining eligibility to take up x nationality". After the set number of years the player then announces if he wishes to switch allegiances or not (and if he doesn't, the manager gets very frustrated and terminates his contract :lol:).

On 04/09/2017 at 02:07, Vane said:

Been thinking about the 'lack of difficulty' issue for some. May be you could have permanent unlockables that would be restrictive rather than beneficial.

So when you unlock 'sugar daddy' you also unlock 'miser daddy' where you'll have a new chairman who snaffles most of your potential transfer budget, or worse, likes to sell off your most valuable players whether you like it or not and grab the profit!

You could also have a 'nation restriction' unlockable meaning that you must have for example at least 95% of players from your club's home nation in your 1st team squad. You could be really harsh and make it 100% just like it really is for some clubs.

Another could be a permanent winter transfer window ban unlockable where only the player's club is unable to trade in the winter. Of course the game's AI would need boosting as many computer controlled sides already don't trade in the winter.

Not saying they'd all work but like when you unlock super hard legendary modes in video games, you could have options like those to make your game artificially tougher.

This would make the game an unrealistic simulation. We just need:

- a more dynamic AI (play players in the right positions. Select tactics appropriate to what's happening during the match).

- make it more difficult for lower reputation clubs to sign players with higher reputations.

- sort out club finances. It is too easy to accumulate large transfer budgets at lower rep clubs.

- managerial reputation needs fixing (it always has). Chairman should be tougher with lower rep managers. 

On 01/09/2017 at 04:18, veerus said:

There are three major areas contributing to this:

1. the AI is terrible at evaluating players - this applies to squad building and in general (too many good players available on free contracts, etc)
  2. Tactics engine is destroyed by the 442 bug
  3. Training turns players into superheros compared to the AI

Hoping to see improvements to all three in FMM18.

Agreed

Are you referring to Football Manager Mobile? If so, then there are probably technical reasons why there aren't more than 4* save slots available. That being said, a few more save slots would be welcome for some users.

* I presume it's still 4. I haven't played that game since FMH13.

Sure I've mentioned this before but goal replays would be great. Nothing worse than being momentarily distracted by the TV or another person then looking down to see your team has just scored a great goal that you'll never see.

Hello, Sega, here are a few changes I hope you implemet into your next game.

1. Press Conferences: I would like to have more interaction with the media, regarding matches, signings, etc.

2. Additional personlization of the manager: On FM, you can be a man or a woman, choose skin color as well as attributes. I would like the same in FMM 2018.

3. ADDITIONAL ATTRIBUTES: This is mainly regarding set pieces and I feel that there should be separate attributes for free-kicks, penalties,  and corners. 2 more attributes I would like to be implemented are Flair and Loyalty.

4. Enhanced Tactics: I should be able to decide whether I would play a fast tempo counterattack game or a slower fluid tiki-taka style. Other changes I would like is the level of pressing, defensive line, and the amount of crosses I put in.

That's it for now, please take this into consideration, thank you for your time!

On 9/17/2017 at 11:51, Vane said:

Sure I've mentioned this before but goal replays would be great. Nothing worse than being momentarily distracted by the TV or another person then looking down to see your team has just scored a great goal that you'll never see.

There aren't that many variations in the way goals are scored. Unless SI are going to increase the variation of how goals scored, I don't see why a replay is necessary.

20 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

There aren't that many variations in the way goals are scored. Unless SI are going to increase the variation of how goals scored, I don't see why a replay is necessary.

It's not essential but worth adding if it's easy to do so. There are some good goals scored occasionally and it's a shame if all you see is the praise in the commentary.

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, MikaelS said:

But why? What would be a good thing about that?

I think it would be easier to understand the actual quality of your player, and easier to monitor his improvement and development 

1 hour ago, Pedro C. said:

I think it would be easier to understand the actual quality of your player, and easier to monitor his improvement and development 

I understand your reason but tbh I personally can't see how a rating from 1-99 would be easier to monitor than a rating from 1-20.

I'm not pointing fingers at your suggestion, just wondering :)

(Moved to this thread, soz if I was in the wrong place before)

Love the latest version of mobile, outstanding!

couple of things I’d love to see in future versions

1. In flight deals

if it’s a big summer and I’m only playing a game or so at a time between saves then I can lose track of what deals I’ve got on the table. Be good to have a list not of completed transfers but bids, contract negotiations etc.

2. Squad numbers

a feature I used to love when I originally played championship manager was picking my squad numbers for the coming season! 

3. Gaffers player of the year and fans player of the year (with history)

just at club level, as a West Ham fan is love a Hammer of the Year. As a gaffer it’s good to acknowledge the consistent and reliable player too.

love 2018 mobile, AI or whatever it’s called is amazing. Games, transfers, form all so much more in tune 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any plans to add options to manage in South America? I'd like to play in Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana and such with one of the Brasilian or Argentinian teams. If we have MLS now and options in Asia with Australia and South Korea, I'd think there'd be demand to play in Brasil and Argentina leagues and even Mexico given the fandom.

Ultimately I'd want to begin my humble career from Australia or USA and slowly progress my managerial career through Asia, NA, South America and Europe.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, gtg007w said:

Is there any plans to add options to manage in South America? I'd like to play in Copa Libertadores or Copa Sudamericana and such with one of the Brasilian or Argentinian teams. If we have MLS now and options in Asia with Australia and South Korea, I'd think there'd be demand to play in Brasil and Argentina leagues and even Mexico given the fandom.

Ultimately I'd want to begin my humble career from Australia or USA and slowly progress my managerial career through Asia, NA, South America and Europe.

Brazil can't happen for legal reasons I'm afraid at the moment. Not sure if we have enough interest from South America itself at the moment to make the Argentinian league a viable proposition.

Thanks for the follow up. That sucks there is a legal challenge for this. I would've expected interest in playing Argentina, even Uruguay or Colombia, so that is a surprise.

I just happened to look back on my old posts since I haven't been here in a while... it amused me to find out I pretty much asked for the same thing way back in FMH 1 1 to be able to play Australia/Brasil/England/Spain... Back then there was a playable Brasil league but only with one state championship, and you couldn't play in both Brasil and Australia and had to pick one or the other as a primary league and add European leagues for the rest.

Love y'all. Been playing the handheld/mobile version since 2010 with many years of playing CM/FM on PC before. We've seen many improvements and I obviously keep playing them, so would love to see this wish materialize eventually. Loving the option to play in North America with MLS for now especially with Atlanta United having begun (I lived there for 11 years) and just saw LAFC as a playable team in the 2018 season (moved to California in 2016), so it's nice to be able to play my 'home' teams.

On 12/15/2017 at 18:52, gtg007w said:

Loving the option to play in North America with MLS for now especially with Atlanta United having begun (I lived there for 11 years) and just saw LAFC as a playable team in the 2018 season (moved to California in 2016), so it's nice to be able to play my 'home' teams.

How have you got on with Atlanta United? I'm managing them at the moment and have started my third season. In my first season I won the Supporters Shield, The Eastern Conference and the MLS Cup. In my 2nd season, I again won the Supporters Shield and Eastern Conference but lost narrowly in the MLS Cup final.

Scoring goals left and right with Martinez/Villalba/Almiron, but leaking way too much goals to not be winning consistently. I guess I need to fine tune my tactic (never really been good at that and it seems FMM 18 is a lot different in that area than prior years). I did manage to win US Open Cup and barely managed to get into a playoff spot and lost out in Eastern Conference Finals.

I lost all 3 of the players by the end of the season since they were attracting a ton of attention from Europe, which gives me a pretty good transfer budget to replace them for next season.

More variation of stadiums used across the different nations. I would love a replacement of the British style lower-end capacity stadiums for non-UK countries. Seeing the standard UK box shape stadium in the Italian, Spanish, Korean etc leagues distracts from the authenticity of playing in those countries.

8 hours ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

More variation of stadiums used across the different nations. I would love a replacement of the British style lower-end capacity stadiums for non-UK countries. Seeing the standard UK box shape stadium in the Italian, Spanish, Korean etc leagues distracts from the authenticity of playing in those countries.

Let's see some like NYCFC or Seattle Sounders configuration!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scout reports to be segregated into two different screens. One screen that shows all the scouting reports received from regional assignments and a second screen that shows scouting reports for individually requested players.

Has anyone mention how PSG ALWAYS have 35-40 players in their first team and all are good players that dont even need ?! Fix that imo...whats funny is even with all the good players, they always get knocked out to UEL every season 😂😂😂

Also, AI for club and country almost never play their best team when up against me except in CL games...seriously Chelsea keep playing unknown youth striker when Morata, Michy or even Boga is available and fit!

And once again, let us set player's squad status when negotiating contract with them...that way maybe we can control the wage better, instead of having board restrict me to offering only 140k for a world class player 😒

• 2 weeks later...

This has been mentioned before but I would just like add my support for a little more variation in enhanced match engine. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands of scenarios that play out but I would love to see the following examples:

• Chipped or lobbed goals (it may be that this already happens but that it's hard to distinguish on a 2D match engine - that said I don't recall seeing any text supporting this type of goal)
  • Mazy runs or dribbles that are Messi-esque. I don't see any players dribbling the ball around 2 to 3 defenders. It doesn't have to result in a goal but if you play "run at defence", you should see your flair players attempting to dribble around the opposition.

I'd say squad size as well it should be up to the manger if you want 18 or 22 or above, when you demote certain players they appear again as there is a set size at the moment, should deffo be option to the manager to create there own squad size just like in real life, also possibly selecting champions league players again like in real life you select a number to play and can add 2 New players I think after January to your pool, also not enough recognision when your on a good run of results, like say your milan and your 20games unbeaten there should be something comming up to say milan's great run continues that's 20 games now without lose, when will the run end? Something along those lines would be good to see, also if you win league and cup then something like milan complete the double or treble or continue to dominate italian football and Europe would also be good to see, which I don't think is coverd enough in the game, also if your doing well as a manager there should be something like Your starting to make a Real Name for yourself and Man United and Valencia are keeping tabs on your progression as a future manager, again something like that where your told certain clubs are interested in you and you could possibly have premlinery talks with them. Again I've known this game for a long time now and I know you can't change loads over night but suttel changes are good as well as seeing New leagues in it and I really hope Argentina or Brazil are under consideration for fmm2018/19 as the talent and teams in them who wouldn't wanna Manage Boca Juniors v River Plate

Edited by Kennyd100

There are a couple of things I'd love to see in FMM:

1. Being able to replay events during a match. I feel it's important to be able to easily replay events during a match either as they happen, or right after the game finishes in a easy way. This helps analysing what worked and what doesn't. Currently you can save games but you have to come out of game and load them to see them. It's just doesn't work for this.

2. Being able to download new leagues into the mobile phone. Currently there's a fix set of leagues and it cannot be extended. I can understand not putting all of them in the initial package but it'd be nice to download them. Maybe for a fee. I'd love to play Andorra league. 

The option for specific scouting assignments i.e. assign a scout to look for a defensive winger between the ages of 21-27, with a transfer value of no more than £3M.

I am often left frustrated by my scouts when they return back with reports on players who's transfer value far exceeds my transfer budget.

Can we have the option of warning and fineing players who go public with their desire to play for a bigger club.

I have a young talented striker who keeps giving newspaper interviews to express his desire to move to a bigger club. You can fine or warn players for unprofessional behaviour but this area is greyed out in this particular situation. 

I saw this mentioned by @Andrea Chan in a thread about incorrect match ratings and I think it's a great idea.

Instead of awarding a substitute the standard 6/10, can you not just give them a 'N/A' if they've come onto the pitch and played less than five minutes of football (unless of course they manage to score or create an assist). It seems odd that a player that has been on the pitch for such a short amount of time can achieve the same rating as a player that has been on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes.

Make an interim update released just after the window closes in January. Players in central Europe just want to restart with new/updated squads and I always spend amonth or 2 not playing the game every year at this point because I' m just waiting. Then do a further minor update in March for China etc.

Instead of selecting 4 active leagues can we not choose just a pre-set of 1 full league maybe supplemented by 7 or 8 of the top divisions of top leagues - after England I always end up having difficulty choosing 3 from Spain, Italy, France and Germany. Would be nice to have top flights of Holland, Belgium and Portugal etc instead of lower divisions in Spain etc.

An option to reset/recall all loans at the start of a new game. Then the option to add loans and future transfers in the editor.

Team talk option - when my Chelsea side were losing 3-0 to WBA at half time I wanted to totally lay into them.

Level out the issue where the same player will take 8k a week if I sign him in the championship but 75k if I sign him at a big team. The gap is too big.

Expand the star rating system to 10 or 100 for greater differentiation between players. Also maybe use this as an overall rating allowing people who want a lighter experience to judge players this way. 

An optional unlock to remove players not wanting to sign for you.

Additional options for set pieces, and the ability to see what foot they use, and assign them to whatever whilst working down rather than having to do all right corsners then all left etc. 

Squad numbers.

Ability to review match text, I like it on fast to move through games but also want to to see occasionally text that I didn't quite catch.

More coaches. In the ideal world you would employ one for each discipline rather than choosing just 4.

More preseason games so you can try out other players, and not always against bigger teams - if I'm in the championship playing Liverpool, Man City and Spurs preseason isn't realistic or helpful. Most sides start against lower sides and work upto a big team as a showcase or do a small tour.

• 2 weeks later...

An option to accept a job offer at the end of the season.

I was finally offered a job in my Serie A career. The job offer was made with 8 games left to play and my club (Livorno) were sitting at the top of the table looking good for the title.

It was a real dilemma. Take the Juventus job and lose out on winning the Serie A title or stay with Livorno to win the title but lose out on taking over at the biggest club in Italy.

I opted to take the Juventus job but what I really needed was an option from the Juventus board to accept the job at the end of the season.