Where has Moyes ended up in your save?

Curious where the various simulations have left Moyes after his RL bombshell of a season.

In my save he was sacked after never finishing higher than 3rd in 3 seasons but runners up in the Champions League two times. Replaced by Bielsa

Moyes is now coaching at Tottenham.

In 2016 here on my latest save and my Valencia team has just beaten his Manc team at OT in the CL group stages.

Only won the FA cup so far though in 2015. In between Liverpool winning it in 2014 and 16. City City Chelsea are the league winners so far.

Brendan has won a trophy every year so far though, even though he's on the verge of being sacked every few months.

He started off ok in my current save. He won the Premier League in 2015 but was fired by Man U halfway thru 2017. Got hired and fired by Tottenham in 2019. Currently unemployed.(2020) Career record 130-54-54.

I'm playing FM12 so he didn't manage Man U (though Fergie did retire at the end of 2013 as in real life). He seems to have disappeared from my save now but I can say that for a while he was my assistant manager at England.

On my first save he was manager till like 2024 at United winning everything like 7 titles, 4 European Cups etc. Will take a screen shot when back from work and post on here. As I'm sure he was only a few managerial points away from matching SAF record. Not sure how he left too, got a feeling he was unfairly sacked.

What's wrong with Sherwood?

Wish Spurs fans would stop whinging about him. Passion, genuine love for the club, fantastic win percentage. He's doing nothing wrong.

There's nothing right with Sherwood.

Passion = Making himself and the club look stupid by speaking out of school

Genuine love for the club = Arsenal you mean? Just saying he loves Spurs doesn't make it true. If he truly loved the club, he would never have dissed Hoddle all those years ago or more recently.

Fantastic win percentage = sure in a small sample size and if you conveniently ignore his cup games.

He's doing nothing wrong = couldn't be further from the truth. You only have to see Christian Eriksen's body language every time he's asked about that owl faced clown to realise that any player not called Kane or Bentaleb has no time for the idiot who is poisoning our club.

Anyway, back on topic, in my current save Moyes got sacked in January 1st season sitting 5th and out of Europe. Also worth noting Rodgers got sacked in late October with Liverpool in 18th and not winning a game until two weeks before he was sacked.

"Fantastic win percentage = sure in a small sample size"

No..in the entire sample size, ie. since he's been there. Not a "sample"

The only thing more annoying than Spurs fans whinging about Sherwood is West Ham fans whinging about "the West Ham waaayyyy"

He's getting results - deal with it! And hands off Poch!!!! :)

The only thing more annoying than Spurs fans whinging about Sherwood is West Ham fans whinging about "the West Ham waaayyyy"

Sherwood has managed 25 games (IIRC) this is a 'small sample size' in anyones book. His win %age in those games is 48%. He's a mug. He's a goner. Not keen on Pochettino.

There's nothing right with Sherwood.

Passion = Making himself and the club look stupid by speaking out of school

Genuine love for the club = Arsenal you mean? Just saying he loves Spurs doesn't make it true. If he truly loved the club, he would never have dissed Hoddle all those years ago or more recently.

Fantastic win percentage = sure in a small sample size and if you conveniently ignore his cup games.

He's doing nothing wrong = couldn't be further from the truth. You only have to see Christian Eriksen's body language every time he's asked about that owl faced clown to realise that any player not called Kane or Bentaleb has no time for the idiot who is poisoning our club.

This. He doesn't have passion, he has misplaced oafishness. He has no idea what he's doing. The players have no idea what he's doing.

Doing my Hexagon Challenge, in 2020 (currently in Asia), so haven't got the European leagues loaded.

Moyes is still at United -

Community Shield - 2013,2014,2016,2017

Premier League - 2016,2018

FA Cup - 2014,2016,2017

Capital One Cup - 2016,2019

Champions League - 2020

Plus Januzaj won European Golden Boy twice in a row.

I'd say that's not bad, given that many players weren't loaded by the game.

Newcastle

I don't like him though

loaned him a player he said he'll be a key player he played 20 games all together and only 12 starts everytime I spoke to him he try tell me he was getting enough game times

seems he chats the same amount of BS as he does in real life

No, I can think of plenty of things more annoying than West Ham's fans.

... like Liverpool fans prior to this season, or Arsenal fans when things go sour :brock:

OT: Moyes is still in charge, seemingly signing average players and making top four every season.

Still managing united, currently in the 2020 season

English premier League: 2018

Champions League: 2016, 2017, 2019

FA Cup: 2014, 2016

Community Shield: 2013, 2015

Capital One Cup: 2016, 2017, 2018

Club World Championship: 2016, 2017, 2019

European Super Cup: 2016, 2017

-sacked after 7 months at United

- joins Spurs, they finished 2nd and reach CL Final against... Man United. Spurs lose 3-1

- spurs in 8th half way through the season, gets sacked

- seedorf new spurs manager currently making spurs the best side in England

- Moyes goes to Newcastle, barely lasts a season

- goes abroad to Inter, finishes 8th. Sacked

So he's currently unemployed

First season, 2014, he cleaned up domestically, winning all 4 trophies in England.

2015 - FA Cup and Community Shield.

2016 - Trophyless.

2017 - Just won the UEFA Champions League 9-8 on penalties after a 1-1 draw against Bayern Munich.

In 2029 atm. Moyes was sacked in the 1st season and never stayed more than a year at another club, always sacked. Endured a few spells without a job and one lasted for two years. Out of the top of my head, I remember him failing at Milan and Valencia before failing again at bottom premiership clubs.

Surprised to see so many success stories! He's rubbish in my save!

No he isn't - we're on course for our lowest league position in 5 years.

Moyes stayed at Man Utd until he retired in 2026, during which time he won 3 Champions Leagues (and lost in 2 finals), 2 club world championships, 2 league titles, 2 FA Cups and 2 league cups.

Got sacked the first season where Utd finished 8th. He got sacked as soon as November.

Then spent around 2 years unemployed before he was signed by Newcastle where he stayed for 1 year and 6 months.

Then spent 10 months unemployed before getting signed by Everton where the stayed for 7 months.

4 days later, he got signed by Swansea and manages them at the moment. He has a 3 year contract and Swansea find themselves 5th in the premier after 5 matches played with 2-2-1.

Went to Schalke on my save after being relieved of his United duties after 7 months languishing outside of the European spots. Currently 2016 and he's made a miraculous return to Everton after they've started to look like relegation fodder.

Usually fails miserably at utd in my saves and lasts no longer then 2 seasons max. After that he tends to manage mostly abroad, often in Germany where he does pretty well. In my most recent save he has lead Dortmund to 3 back to back Bundesliga titles

August 2020 (so it's the 2020/21 season) now in my save. Moyes was at Man Utd until he was sacked at the end of the 2017/18 season. He won the League Cup/FA Cup double in 2015, and a League Cup/Champions League double in 2016. Never won the league. Moved to Stuttgart in June 2018 but lasted only until 28 Feb 2019; out of a job since.

Archived