while I love this game series, and I have done for many many years, I have been left very frustrated with FM14

Silly goals, unfair gameplay in general have left me not wanting to play anymore. It has not been a one off, I have noticed

this problem in every new game i decide to start. let me give you a few examples

usually my season starts very well (i normally play with mid table teams), maybe 4 or 5 wins in a row at the start of a season, this is when it normally goes downhill.

10 game losing streaks usually follow, no matter what i try, subtle tactic changes do not work, in nearly every game there will be one of the following.

1. I hit the crossbar 3-4 times a game (very unrealistic)

2. opposition get a penalty

3. one or more disallowed goals per game

4. a very late winner for opposition, 92nd or 93rd minute

5. dominate game, 20-25 shots on goal, cant convert any, while opposition will score with very few shots on goal

6. keeper giving ball away to opposition player right in front of goal, or coming out of box leaving goal exposed

7. if i do score, opposition equalize almost from kick off

I have given up, this is not a one off, its happens every season, and is very unrealistic. I feel let down after what was such an amazing game series. its putting me off buying any future releases. it takes the enjoyment out of the game.

has anyone else had this experience?

This is not an uncommon complaint. However there are plenty of people who don't have this problem. What this should tell you is that there are things you need to learn in order to become better at the game. The obvious starting point is the tactics and training forum. Have a read of the stickies, maybe post a thread in there asking for some guidance on your tactics. Alternatively just keep blaming the game, stop playing it, and miss out on the best football management sim available. It's not perfect sure, but it's as close as you'll get at the moment.The choice is yours.

thanks for the reply Spikey, just getting frustrated, as a long time player who has had no problems with other versions of the game I have been successful with minor teams in the past, just finding if very annoying that players seem to stand still while the ball is taken off them, goal after goal disallowed etc. but I will take your advice on board. cheers

Archived