San Siro can change colour!

I know this has absolutely no bearing on my game whatsoever but I thought this was quite amusing. I'm playing as Inter at the moment, and in all my home games the seats are blue, but when I played AC Milan as the away team the seats were red!

Not a bad job by those who had to replace all the seats just 3 days after my previous home game lol.

I'm fairly sure they don't groundshare in FM or at least they never used to.

Something to do in the way it was coded meant they had to have separate stadiums.

Am I making it up, or does one team play at the Guisseppe Meazza, and one at the San Siro? I know they're the same place in real life, but separated for purposes of FM.

Inter play in the Giuseppe Meazza which has a capacity of 95,471, top corporate facilities, pitch is in good condition and they have a 20 year sponsorship deal of £20M per annum (expiring in 2034), and they pay £2.95M rent per year.

AC Milan is the same except that they play at the San Siro and they do not have a stadium sponsorship deal.

So assuming everything else is equal, Inter are £20M better off each year than AS. Is it meant to be like that?

Milan and Inter both play in the same stadium; The San Siro.

Inter fans call the stadium Giuseppe Meazza after a famous record striker - he played for both teams but for Inter at his peak so Milan fans call the stadium the San Siro. Not sure if it makes any difference but Milan fans always go in south of stadium in derby games (curva sud) and Inter fans always have north of stadium (curva nord).

Its the same stadium, I think Inter call it Stadio Giuseppe Meazza in honour of one of their club's most incredible player, AC Milan have always called it the San Siro. Its generally known as the San Siro as well by many people.
Milan and Inter both play in the same stadium; The San Siro.

Inter fans call the stadium Giuseppe Meazza after a famous record striker - he played for both teams but for Inter at his peak so Milan fans call the stadium the San Siro. Not sure if it makes any difference but Milan fans always go in south of stadium in derby games (curva sud) and Inter fans always have north of stadium (curva nord).

Yes IRL its the same stadium but within FM it is two seperate, independant stadiums unless something has changed in the last couple of versions.

I have just checked the whole of the 2029/30 Serie A season and they never play at home on the same day, (ever).

Just about to look at Europe.

It still doesn't explain why only 1 club has a Stadium sponsorship deal though.

[Edit]

In my game in the 2029/30 Champions League, Inter twice and AC Milan once, have twice had to play Chamions League games on dates when nobody else plays to avoid them both being at home on the same day.

From what I am looking at it would seem that the game thinks there is just 1 stadium.

They never play at home together in Serie A and when they are due to be at home together in Champions League games, one or other has their game delayed for a whole week and the fixtures is played during a non-Champions League week.

The game see's it as two different stadiums, but the game is coded so neither Milan or Inter will ever play at home at the same time for realism purposes to make it seem like they are both in the same stadium. For game mechanics it had to be two stadia, otherwise people would run into issues when it comes to expanding (if even possible) or more importantly if the club moves stadium.

At least thats how i've always understood it.

In real life half the stadium is blue and half is red anyway I think.
Am I making it up, or does one team play at the Guisseppe Meazza, and one at the San Siro? I know they're the same place in real life, but separated for purposes of FM.
Yes IRL its the same stadium but within FM it is two seperate, independant stadiums unless something has changed in the last couple of versions.

Both clubs are recorded as having separate stadia, yet in real life they share, as they are licensed clubs (and their licences are agree separately, not by league as a whole), and I believe this was part of the agreement. Minor thing. The stadia is neither simply red nor blue, it is in fact orange, green, red and blue - all stands are different colours.

The function for not playing at the same time is probably a generalised setting. As it should also apply to teams like Liverpool/Everton (disclaimer: I've not checked to see if it does) as police restrictions mean they can't both have home games on the same day. There's other teams with similar proximity issues.

Archived