The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimmymc:

Sad thing is tbh Id take nicky butt back. We should never have sold him in the first place. And as it stands hes better than half our midfield.

If Ronaldo goes we need 3 midfileders. Simple as that. Think we can take carrick as done. But Im not convinced there'll be two more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing at the minute suggests the Carrick deal is anywhere near done.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously though, if you can get Senna you really really should - from La Liga/Champs League he is awesome - what are the rumours on his cost?

Carrick for £14million sounds a bit excessive - maybe bring in Senna/Graveson + Winger and persuade Ruud to stay, and you don't look in too bad shape.

I also think Ronaldo will probably stay, surely most ManU fans like him more now because he's so hated, and it makes you feel important again.

Hopefully we'll get to see more of Park this season as well, looked impressive last year.

Oh - and although this dosen't top the awesome "Bring Sol in at CB, and push Rio into midfield', I think I read in the paper Evra may well be your first choice LW next season.

I really hope not.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I dont know about that being the ONLY reason we wont strengthen enough.. Fergie's been known to mis-spend before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the only reason Fergie doesn't have the resources he would have had under the PLC or with a sensible takeover. Not saying for a minute I'd completely expect Fergie to spend a bumper transfer kitty that wisely.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Just never gets going for me. Click the play button and it says 'media opening' for a few minutes, then says 'ready' upon which i press play again and it does the same thing. irritating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What version of Windows media player are you using? As it needs to confirm the licsense with the PC you're using. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WMP 10. It's weird, I got one of the highlights clips working randomly, but now they don't work either, and the live feed has never shown any sign of working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check within media player within the options - security if "run script commands and rich media streams when player is in a web page" is ticked.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the option says "do not run script commands and rich media streams when player is in a web page" and it's unticked at the moment.

A proper 433 is the way forward icon_cool.gif

Hargreaves - Carrick

Scholes in front

Ronaldo, Rooney and Torres ofc as a fluid front three

What? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works for Chelsea.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

By the way, a footnote to the Rooney/Scholes bans:

Ade Akinbiyi was sent off at the weekend playing for Sheffield United away at Sparta Rotterdam. The incident was included in the match report by the referee, but then not sent on to the FA by the Dutch FA. Is it any wonder we feel a bit hard done by and that there's one rule for us and one for the rest? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even with your new contact at the FA too.

Shambles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i always said dien >>> the united bloke now its been proved.

Not utterly useless. But then it was near impossible to be utterly useless in defence against a team not attacking?

He managed to look shaky on the few occasions play came near him. Like somebody said a couple of nervy/poor headers.. with VdS clearly being much less sure of Silvestre in front of him than Rio or Brown.

He's just not good enough for CB.. and Evra looks like he could well move ahead permanently for LB.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Smith's comeback continues

Alan Smith continues his pursuit of match fitness as the Reserves begin their league season at Ewen Fields on Thursday night.

The 25-year-old striker is joined by new signing Tomasz Kuszczak as a strong United side entertain Blackburn Rovers.

Smith partners Phil Marsh in attack, while Chris Eagles, David Jones, Ritchie Jones and Jamie Mullan comprise the midfield.

Kuszczak starts his first game since joining United behind a defence of Kieran Lee, Danny Rose, Ryan Shawcross and David Gray.

United: Kuszczak, Lee, Rose, Shawcross, Gray, R Jones, Mullan, D Jones, Marsh, Smith, Eagles.

Substitutes: Ngalula, Heaton, S Evans, Barnes, Burns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read that Blaine.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Please let us get Real in the CL this year, please, please, please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh God, don't be like my mate PLEASE

"Mart, you know what would rule"

"United/Madrid in the CL final at OT"

"Aye, it would be pretty cool"

"Beckham to get the winner for Madrid!"

"erm no *stabs to death*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Citeh getting charged SIXTY EIGHT quid for Arsenal away ticket.

Expect the same for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that cant be right. /o\

We're bastards.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

wtf is this desperado </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Essentially Corona with a shot of tequila.

5.8%. A good night all round... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye caramba 5.8%?! I'll have to have a look for that next time I'm on a night out...*makes note of Desperado*

Oh and while there's talk of indie nights in Manchester - 5th Ave > 42nd St.

On to matters football. Heard nothing about the ballot for the Liverpool game yet. ACou, did you ring up or did you get an email through?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Oh and I was thinking about us and Chelsea, does it make anyone else puke when they do those huddles and ******** after a game?

I love how we don't do any crap like that, arseholes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah :*)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Is there no match thread?

Anyway all my mates are busy or away today and my sky has been cancelled :\

Do i go to a pub on my own? never done this before and my local is closed for refurb so i can't even go somewhere that im known icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I watch most of the games that way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>On your own?

Don't you feel overly conscious of your self? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. Most people are there to watch the footie, you're just doing the same. And since i've been going regularly, i've got to chatting to a few other reds in there as well. But i have no problem going to a pub i've never been to before and watching it.

I've even done it in in Sheffield pubs near Bramhall lane while we were actually playing them, while i was at Uni there. At least for the times i couldn't get tickets in the away end, as the one thing where i would draw the line i think is being an away fan in the home section.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh and as I'm not in the North, we will definitely win

fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'm going :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rain icon_biggrin.gif

And Mart if not ONE person hurled abuse at them, are you riled at yourself aswell?

• 3 weeks later...

People are going to wake up tomorrow and think that we have signed someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who can blame them with that 50 MILLION WARCHEST?

so does this mean i'm all alone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

Ahh I see. Still stupid.

And BTw, why is google.com down for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it ? Try Google. co. uk, then. icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

We beat Crystal Palace 2-0 in the F.A Youth cup 5th round. Houston & Brandy with the goals.

Home tie against Barnsley or Birmingham in the quarter final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Hewson, we have a problem' doesn't have the same ring to it, but that's his name icon_frown.gif

Actually, just thinking about Europe, there’s only really one tie – Real Madrid/Bayern Munich – where I’m not 80% convinced of who’ll get through. On current form I’m edging towards Real for that one & looking at who I think will get through, over two legs its going to be tough to make the semi-finals. Obviously I’m getting ahead of myself a bit but it’s in my head so I may as well post it.

Obviously just a guess but likely quarterfinal qualifiers IMO:

Us + Barca, Milan, Chelsea, Inter, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Lyon.

Milan and Real are probably the “easiest†potential ties for me, but Milan’s experience and Madrid’s recent doggedness could be issues if we drew them. Chelsea and Arsenal over two legs would be a real pain & I doubt it’d go our way so really wouldn’t want either of them. I don’t think we’re there as far as beating Barca goes. Inter started this campaign in Europe terribly but then they stepped up massively & having a big lead at the top of Serie A means that they can focus a bit more on the CL with their huge squad if they want. But then the fact that its Inter means anything could happen. That leaves Lyon, who I think, purely on the strength of their European performances which have looked really focussed, might just be favourites over two legs with us.

Obviously this is pure conjecture, and arguably anyone can beat anyone at this stage in the competition, but there are too many teams we could draw after/if we beat Lille who are going to be very problematic or have a slight edge over us to think that we’ll get past the last eight.

Much rather get the Prem back anyway this year.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to say that it doesn't matter as he'd play a second team anyway, but on reflection we have so many injuries that we would probably have to put a decentish team out in the replay. It's a tough one.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

no chance. she's sound, sings loads, knows her stuff, but erm, no, i'm not going to be insulting, she might post here icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah right icon_biggrin.gif

still, you would, wouldn't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i really wouldn't icon_frown.gif

put it this way, it took me half a dozen games to establish that she was definitely female

PLEASE don't let her be reading this icon_biggrin.gif

i suppose if she is there's only a few games left and then i can relocate

• 4 weeks later...

What Ryno said stick it in a tin

I dont see what the problem is anyway tbh you drive a car get the olds to keep it straight on the way up then carry it too us carefully icon_wink.gif

TBF martin woulnd't give a toss if it was mangled to hell he'd still stuff it down

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And to chime in on the Rossi Tevez thing. Leave the poor kid alone, what he quite clearly meant to say was:

"Tevez is great and has been doing his stuff at the top for a good few years now but after watching Rossi play, especially his stint in Italy, i believe he has the potential to reach the level Tevez is at right now."

And i agree 100%. Well said nathan.

Archived