The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Yes. Msn please icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on MSN. I don't have your addy.

I'm sorry icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

He had a couple of bad games aye, but generally was solid.

And errr, without him we have O'Shea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We've banned any variation of the "he's better than what we have" reason to buy someone.

We simply should not be buying someone who's past 30 and who's form has already started to slide, especially given a cost of £8m and wages that would be at Rio's level. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay more fair points in the anti-Vieira column.

But based not on who you'd pick up in an ideal scenario but based on your perception of what is going on in and around the club at the minute, who is a viable target if Vieira isn't.

Btw I think the notion of Milan letting Gattuso come to us on loan is fanciful at best. Even with a 15 point deduction they could still get into the CL qual round for the 2007/08 season. One year out means at worst two major sales for them and they've already sold Sheva for 30mill, and in a bad year thats at least the CL group stage income covered (at a guess).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You've never mentioned Mascherano before. We've all been talking him up for ages. Bloody bandwagon jumper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He might not have mentioned him but hes been buying the lad since FM05. Hes great alongside Scholes, really lets the Ginger one get forward again. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Whats wrong with what i've said.

We had major problems last season, Chelsea had practically none other than a little wobble.

It must be easy to be you Mart. You're just like SBA & Wicom in a lot of ways, you just ignore whats actually been posted and just make some kind of post purely to try and get a reactions.

I guess it's much better to do that than to actually try and have a discussion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh stfu, it's banter, christ alive. chill the feck out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

He still is. KEEP THE FAITH.

(Alright, he's not. But at least he's better than Sissoko icon_cool.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so's every other centre midfielder. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or reserve left back tbh

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Martins from Inter has been asked to be placed on the transfer list, would we interested for a decent price? Apparently he is still young, stupidly quick and 2 good feet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That bit is open to speculation...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Look, I won BOTU, User of the Year and this thread's hearts without a question mark. I can do it again icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You ever watch the tour de france?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

oh jeez a mark g - Jimlad play off

run for the hills </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nudge me when it's over.

Oh wait I'm not on MSN. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

btw, thank you Alilaw for the updated news. I do like to keep abreast of everything going on.

But for now shall probably focus on Dan's data as it appears to incur less of a financial burden. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, fair enough. It's worth remembering that a small financial cost now gives many benefits in the long run though.

Anyway, back to the football...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

You're a member aren't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One United ? Nah, not yet. No credit card !

E-membership only atm.

Just opening a Paypal account, can I pay that way ?

(I have a badge, though. icon_smile.gif)

I shall be doing the honourable thing, worry not. I'll have a Season Ticket of my own one day. icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Oh one more thing where abouts your seat on Sunday Acou? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

North T2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif where bouts in north tier 2, near quadrents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

N3406

icon_smile.gif

Checked on the official site... seems a decent view icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It takes effort and another body to filter them so they just randomly send it out to EVERYONE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're telling me that they haven't got the capability to build a programme that does that for them, y'know, as a necessity of running the scale of ticketing operation that they do?

Its crap procedural planning plain and simple.

And RB, I know I could have sourced one elsewhere that isn't the issue, if I didn't get lucky in the ballot it'd be welcome. Its the fact that that they should know that I have a ticket VIA THEM in the first place therefore negating the need to inform me and every other OU member that has a ticket through the TO ballot system that is bugging me.

Its just not how I'd do things & I think its stupid.

I'll let it go now...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pires777:

so not only do you lot lack passion, you also lack a sense of humor icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You lack a brain cell, what's your point?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

& you are giving a ticket to a scouser?

You better pray he can sit on his hands for 90 minutes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

**** on his hands tbh, then throw it all at you manc basts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

carrick has been fb you heathen taz, to say his passing has been hit and miss for us is utter ********. I could probably count on two hands the amount of easy passes he has put astray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do realise i'm not talking about today dont you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MoM: Ronnie

2nd: Saha

It's odd right, since I've been posting on OTF there's a fair few users that I've taken quite a bit of dislike to, but seeing as it's over the internet and all it's never really become too intense - after all, how can you judge someone based on what they write on an anonymous messageboard? However, it's dawned on me that I'd genuinely be pleased if Pires777 was horribly maimed in some sort of freak yachting accident, so that's a testament to how much of a horrendous twat he must be. And I'm generally a nice person, so I can only imagine what harsher people think of the fụcking cụnt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> hi im john and i live in the party capital of the uk, otherwise known as manchester! i work in an office, enjoy it very much, my career is important to me. i have been bullied in the workplace, but came through it stronger and its made me the man i am today. i love animals, in particular dogs. dont have any as pets, but i love stroking ones that i come across in the street. im very shy and that sometimes can make come across as a bit boring, but ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you i have a mad and crazy personality once you get to know me!! this is me, take it or leave it! please get in touch or leave a comment if youd like to get to know me better </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

451 on Tuesday blatantly /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

most likely, and I can only see us drawing 0-0 if we do, unless we manage to scrape a goal like away to benfica

we won't win the Champions League playing 4-5-1. it makes no sense to change a system that has worked so well for so long. when will fergie learn?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

ahaha utterly convinced we had this lost regardless of the domination. sounds like we should be about 5 up with the comedy misses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I estimate about 7.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

you'll get tonked, but thanks for the sentiment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure you lot, Arsenal and Liverpool thought they would come here and tonk us, but none have returned home with 3 points.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Fletcher - My MoM, fantastic neat passing and some great tackles. that one on SWP amazing.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How times change :*)

Thought that was a decent game really, all things considered. Was quite impressed how such a reserve/patched together XI held out against some of Chelsea's better players.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Martin, you & your uncle in the back of Keith's car icon_biggrin.gif

It will be snug to say the least icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheeky git....true though icon_biggrin.gificon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

It will be sad to see Gaby go but the only reason i can think of for keeping him here would be to keep Ronaldo happy.

Gaby has been great for this club and i love the guy but i would happily let him go for £5m+ and like the rest of you have said use Evans or O'Shea as back up to Evra.

Of course i'm hoping my favourite player also joins Gaby throught the exit door. I love Sil but in all honesty its time for him to leave and allow the youngsters to step up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf that's maybe worth £5 mil in my book :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

just like to say im sh*t scared something will go wrong until i see all three players at a press conference with their shirts icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would be rather embarassing if it fell through now :/

Archived