The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

So has the Question Mark got a value and status all of its own now, like a Blue Peter badge?

And by that token, could it be sold on eBay? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got an offer for mine last week. The terms were quite good but 'Taz and the Devil?' just didn't work for me.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gripper:

As I have not yet received that file from the Man Utd researcher </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dear lord what a poor show, I did mine aaaaaages ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 1 hour before the deadline, and missing out half of the academy players? icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

christ that isn't something to be reading at one o'clock in the night. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So go back and read it in the morning then!

Just be glad I didn't slam all of it into one post and leave out the subject headers. Its still more user friendly than what I'd usually and in all honesty prefer to do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Speaking of misguided scousers.

People say Zidane was the best player in the world - I disagree, Gerrard is head and shoulders a better player - and you wouldn't get Stevie head-butting a player on the kids' park let alone on the greatest stage of them all.

Bill Nedcock, (via email)

Posted in the Scouse thread but needs to be enjoyed in here too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's brill.

you know guys I am really having some though times in my life just about now, and MANCHESTER UNITED has allways been abit of a safe haven for me no matter what, but now it just seems like another reflection of my life all going to rack and ruin. god i wish we were still a PLC or owned by BSKYB for that matter what have we done to deserve glazer

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

is it Giggs looking over Paddy's lifeless body? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I might dig that out now icon_biggrin.gif

The day after the Porto game I read an article on Rooney and his attitude in the Times.. it was unbelievably wrong in just about everything.

Basically showing it as yet another "example" of his temperament getting in the way... and using it as part of an argument that if it keeps on happening then it cant just be him being unfairly targetted, and he is in fact completely to blame. /o\

I've actually seen huge improvement in his attitude since he joined us tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by byebecks:

You'll be happy to know that i am goin to the Chelsea game now and i'll just have to tell her that she needs to leave on Sunday mornin icon14.gif Doubt it'll go down well but it needs to be done!

Got 3 Chelsea tickets and 6 Everton tickets this mornin as well as my 12 Benfica tickets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Give me a Chelsea ticket. I know where you live. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

erm i'll let you know as soon as i can if i've got a spare, i doubt it though.

I've got a couple of Chelsea supporting mates who have first dibs icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably aren't joking which is the worrying thing icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I think someone at the ticket office hates me tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ditto

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

93 will always stand out as being awesome. 92 was horrible The Forest / West Ham defeats were horrible, as mark said although Anfield was horrible I think the Gale own goal for Leeds earlier in the day had probably killed off most of our hope...Liverpool just delivered the final nail.

The week in 95 seemed awful, seemed to sleep walk into the Everton game after the draw at West Ham. Upton Park was horrible because we went with very very little hope (like the scousers would do anything to help us icon_biggrin.gif) and suddenly it looked like it would be on....nasty.

99 from the Liverpool cup game onwards, just has an element of the surreal dream about it. So many outstanding performances and results in such a short space of times including my 2 favourite united games of all time...but it'll always be clouded by not being at the CL Final.

• 2 weeks later...

i always console myself with the thought that their fans will always be gutted they've helped us out. never more so than leeds in 2003. we got started on by leeds fans in the student union because we were celebrating their goals \O/

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Jimlad, that is the sensible and logical approach they should take.

I'm not convinced that is what will happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me > Platini

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

FFS, where's the ignore user option... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quoting this for the people who know where it is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Click on username, is in the drop down box that appears.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davidbowie:

You know all those "Compilations" on youtube for various players of many sports, has anyone made an "Anti-Compilation" for KR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they did, but at 27 hours long it was bigger than their maximum allowed file size. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Okay, so I’ve been out of action since prior to the West Ham game since I suffered quite a bad head injury playing 5-a-side (no need for sympathy since while you lot were busy enjoying the sight of us lifting the trophy I was out of my tree in A & E…) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

harsh icon_frown.gif did you have a ticket? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn’t but my very simple plan that was torn asunder on the 13th was as follows:

1pm – Lunch

1.45pm – drive to 5-a-side venue.

2pm – 5-a-side football k.o.

2.40pm – 5-a-side football ends, drive home.

2.55pm – settle down to watch United vs. West Ham.

5pm onwards – watch title celebrations and let the good times roll.

What actually happed was that about 2.30pm I smashed my head on what is essentially a concrete floor covered with a thin layer of Astroturf and then spent the next 24hours in hospital and the rest of the week fending off constant headaches, which is generally what I’m told is the best case scenario when you have a bad concussion, slight amnesia and some slight bleeding in the old noggin.

Anyway I’m on the slow road to recovery now & more importantly I’ve voted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">FTFC v MUFC!

We are delighted to announce that Premiership Champions Manchester United have agreed to bring a strong squad to Highbury for a pre-season friendly next month. Brian McClair will bring his star-studded squad on Saturday the 21st July for the mouth watering match. United have promised that whilst the squad will mainly be made up of their club's talented reserve team players, they are likely to include some household names in the starting line up.

Chairman Andy Pilley said "We are thrilled and excited at the prospect of entertaining United at Highbury". He added that the game "Will give United supporters on the Fylde Coast a rare chance to see some of United's talented youngsters on their own doorstep".

Full details regarding tickets will be announced in the next few days and this game is likely to attract another significant crowd following the opening pre-season friendly against Blackpool's promotion winning side the Saturday before, the 14th July. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

from Fleetwood Town's website \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're (southport) playing fleetwood, dump of a place!

Archived