The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

or just ban mika, who is desperately trying to steal my misery crown icon_mad.gif

bastard icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

The misery crown > the giddy crown though

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

The Ronaldo hate is a joke. If it was the other way round there wouldn't be anywhere near as much fuss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

poorest point in the world. ronaldo was willing to do it, rooney wasn't. that's why we don't hate rooney, but isntead we hate ronaldo.

think that's quite basic

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

He agreed to a question-and-answer session, compered by former United player Eddie Lewis.

Asked to comment on Jose Mourinho’s men, Fergie allegedly declared they were ‘hell-bent on ruining football’ and buying too many star names.

Hartman insisted: “He was asked what he thought about Chelsea and, in the midst of his answer, said they were ‘hell-bent on ruining football’.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe Alex, you should concentrate on your own club instead of mouthing off about the happenings at Chelsea? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Question and answers session, He was asked a question, he gave an answer. Hartmna admits that he is only providing part of the answer that Ferguson gave.

But yeah, lets just criticise Fergie for it shall we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hardly like Mourinho doesn't stick his oar into our affairs from time to time as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Oh, and re: Ronaldo - never remotely gaf about the Rooney/winking ********, was justifiably annoyed by the public statements about wanting a move but as far as I can remember, I never said he could f**k off and if he knuckles down this season and produces, I've no problems with him whatsoever.

Now this is the point where someone with too much time on their hands, almost certainly Hoyt, finds a heat of the moment quote where I demand Ronaldo be burnt at the stake \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs.

Though I still think that he won't be here in the long-term.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

You've not included Mikel in that list and wasn't Park pre-Glazer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a feeling there was someone missing. I was busy so i just did transfers in and out from soccerbase, so blame them.

As for Park and VdS, as i said in the original post i just did that summer as i wasn't sure of the exact dates (and given the way the budgets and transfer windows work i'm not sure it's right to split them out), and i thought VdS was a free? Again, soccerbase just says 'signed', which sometimes means that and sometimes means undisclosed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Van der Sar is United No.1

Edwin van der Sar will officially be United's number one goalkeeper next season, after the Reds confirmed the team's squad numbers for the new Premiership season.

Van der Sar, previously No.19, takes the jersey occupied last term by Tim Howard, who will be spending the season on loan with Everton.

Italian teenage striker Giuseppe Rossi is expected to be a much more prominent figure following the departure of Ruud van Nistelrooy, who's No.10 shirt will be vacant this season. Rossi will wear the No.19 shirt.

Other additions or changes include Tomasz Kuszczak (29), David Jones (25) and Michael Carrick, who, of course, wears Roy Keane's old No.16 shirt number.

Premiership 2006/07 Squad Numbers:

1. Van der Sar, 2. Neville, 3. Evra, 4. Heinze, 5. Ferdinand, 6. Brown, 7. Ronaldo, 8. Rooney, 9. Saha, 11. Giggs, 13. Park, 14. Smith, 15. Vidic, 16. Carrick, 17. Miller, 18. Scholes, 19. Rossi, 20. Solskjaer, 22. O'Shea, 23. Richardson, 24. Fletcher, 25. D.Jones, 27. Silvestre, 29. Kuszczak, 33. Eagles, 38. Heaton, 49. R.Jones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, last call for our fantasy football league thingy:

Register here, pick your team, join the United Fred league with the code 61635-85153 and get beaten by me. Not physically.

Already in are:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Team Manager

VfB Timbo Tim Keward

Glazer's Final Hurra Blaine Emmett

bristol united james marshall

AFC Saha 1978 Josh D

JOS Football Genius Nick Morgan

King of Kings XI Sam Alabaster

Wakey's Rockets Gareth Wakefield

Burrage Blitzers Peter Burrage

Atletico Theis John Theis

Ruud FTW Matt Huart

Mart's Loser 11 Mart Sheehan

Good...Wins FC Dan Goodwin

Jossy's Midgets Richard McKeon

Barrys Horne NL B

Julesy Giants Julian Reddick

John O'Shea XI Ali Law

Monzo's FHFC Rejects Terry McGrenra

Elevator Road United Simon Whitworth

Silvestres Saints Taz Devil

link all stars john garthwaite

'S Rioghal Mo Dhream James MacGregor

Wimples Dimples J C

Insert Clever Name Luke Hudgson</pre>

For those of you not obviously identifiable by real name, might be handy to have usernames to see exactly who is trailing behind me.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

ACou, on an unrelated topic, you have mail icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes. Thanks for sending me over those important facts and figures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get my report as well Acou? I always think it's important for people to have options... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could I have that aswell? Could do with a comparison to make sure my figures work out correctly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

It'll be to announce that Fergie's really, really happy with his squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I utterly would not be surprised by that icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gif

dont think i have seen it posted here but then i probably didnt look back far enough. anywho, van der sar says he wants to play for 2 more seasons link here

so unless foster challeneges him properly, foster will have to go out on loan again. unless he impresses a lot this eason i suppose or van der sar starts making errors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Now Ruud's gone, probably Park. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:froth: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't post in here, does he?

John O'Shea:

Wing back (Left) - Natural

Defender (Centre) - Natural

Defender (Left) - Accomplished

Midfielder (Centre) - Accomplished

Defensive Midfielder - Accomplished

Defender (Right) - Competent

Wing Back (Right) - Unconvincing

And apparently he's composed, with good anticipation and teamwork.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Larsson's debut against Martin O'Neill's Aston Villa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people keep forgetting we have newcastle on new years day. don't think there's any reason he won't be able to feature there is there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

depends on whether any paperwork is sorted in time.

afaik his registration cant be officially transferred until Jan 1st so it might be touch and go.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Boss: I couldn't see us winning

Sir Alex Ferguson was already making plans for an FA Cup third round replay at Villa Park before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fired a dramatic injury time winner against Aston Villa on Sunday.

The Reds had earlier taken the lead through loan signing Henrik Larsson who opened his account for United ten minutes after half-time with an excellent finish.

Sir Alex was convinced the Reds would face a trip to the Midlands after Milan Baros had drawn the visitors level 16 minutes from time, but was instead delighted to be celebrating the victory after Solskjaer's late strike.

"We've done that [scored a late winner] many times in the past but that was a near one today," he told MUTV. "I couldn't see us winning after their equaliser because they were fighting so hard.

"We made a host of great chances but when you're not taking them you never know if you're going to another one.

"Some of the football we played was absolutely fantastic and I think we deserved to go through. But you've got to feel for Villa because they gave us a real test and worked very hard.

"I didn't see the winning goal because someone had blocked my view but I hear that the ball slid under the goalkeeper's body," added the Reds' boss.

"But that's football. The one thing you always know is that when Ole Solskjaer's on the field you've always got a chance of scoring. That was his nineth of the season which is fanastic."

Sir Alex was also full of praise for United's Swedish striker who sent Old Trafford wild with his first goal for the club.

"It was a typical Larsson strike," declared Sir Alex. "Henrik proved what great fitness and sharpness he had and he could have scored two or three in the end.

"His movement and judgement of when to make runs was excellent and I thought that was the key part of hisperformance.

"He has scored important goals throughout his career and I think he'll do the same for us. I always said that about Eric Cantona - whenever he scored, they always seemed to be important goals and I expect Henrik will score some important ones for us too." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

As I just posted in the match thread, an't see the reason for you guys getting too excitd yet. 12 games and a lot of football to go yet. The ECL is going to have a big effect on both of us.

I don't want your lot to turn into scouser-esque giddyness, because as much as I dislike you, I hate the bin dipping murderers more.

Still up for grabs, albeit that you will stillwin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Love the last sentence icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why?

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

btw - we had really, really better start playing well. because (great though it is) performances like Fulham, Reading and now Liverpool, well we'll get found out sooner or later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on yeah, add Lille away to that list and it's four jammy wins in a row. Needs sorting.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

oh and we're 16/1 to win NOTHING this season with betfred.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>worth a fiver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The definitely going to be joining Manchester United, no doubt about it, cos the papers say so list

Mikel Arteta - Everton (Guardian)

Dimitar Berbatov - Spurs (Guardian, Sunday Mirror)

Jermain Defoe - Spurs (Guardian)

Owen Hargreaves - Bayern Munich (Times)

Klaas Jan Huntelaar - Ajax (Guardian)

Running Total: 5

Predicted Final Total

Irish - 170

James07? - 112

bling - 102

pjburrage 99

WSR - 95

thei 92

alilaw - 89

Nezell - 87

14AlanSmithifb 85

vanester 82

T!mbo - 80

BBB - 79

gonch19 - 78

Bagpuss 77

Pickles - 74

julesMUFC - 71

Nick OGS20 - 68

Maverick 64

Ryno - 62

ACou2000 - 60

Gregg Carter 59

Jimlad - 56

ericcantona7 - 55

mark g 52

keyser - 50

SLO_Fila 43

Master Blasta - 32

EmmYouEffSee - 29

RedBlood - 26

qwerty2k - 17

Razor Eddie 16

? - 15 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and that's not my age or my weight in tons you gits icon_mad.gif

Indeed icon_cool.gif I'm fully revelling in the glory right now.

Season Highlights:

O'Shea vs The Kop

Ronaldoooo vs Fulham

Scholes vs Villa

7 [sEVEN] vs Roma

*4-2 comeback vs Everton - How could I forget, a CRUCIAL day of football.

please feel free to add your own :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Bagpuss desperate to start some major beef </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what nonsense

simply using Ruud as a means to back off the bullying stuff icon_wink.gif

the teams performance this past season is adequate evidence on whethere selling ruud was a good or bad thing

let the players do the talking i say

Archived