The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

where did you get the £12m from nick? are you basing that on their suggesting they were £3m under our asking price?

im not reading too much into that as the £15m supposed asking price has come from the media, for all we know it could have been £12m. theres also the possibility that bayerns bid was largely incentive based.

no idea really, its obviously not gonna be a case of us willingly accepting a lower bid tho. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Admittedly the £12m was initially complete assumption on my part and I was beginning to question that, but the fella on SSN who said Real were about to bid €15m said Bayern had already had €17m rejected, and other reports I've read today appear to be confirming that.

and yes.

Vidic a far greater killer than Hyypia.

Rossi more talent in his left testicle than Crouch.

Ole achieved more in his career than any of your players.

Heinze just generally ffffffffb and perhaps slightly better than Traore/Riise?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Apart from Miller who was free anyway and possibly Evra (though that remains to be seen), all of the signings since 2003 have been good imo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jury still out on Smith as well?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I technically haven't got mine, my Dad has. Was meant to be sending it up today though icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

With some money?

Get a job dammit

Get moved in somewheere with Sheehan and become the odd couple dammit

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Depends how much we have paid to get him on loan. Fingers crossed its a Steele loan and McShane for free fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Both Steele and McShane are permanent transfers.

• 2 weeks later...

Glazers set to increase security after fans' attack on hotel

Malcolm Glazer's family are expected to review security arrangements after supporters attempted to confront them at a city-centre hotel after Sunday's game against Fulham. Riot police were called to disperse what is understood to have been a pre-planned, yet unsuccessful, attempt to attack Manchester United's owners by a 30-strong group five hours after the match at Old Trafford.

The incident occurred at the Victoria and Albert hotel close to Granada's studios after news had spread that Glazer's sons, Bryan and Avi, might have had rooms booked there. The police confirmed yesterday that hotel staff had rung 999 because of a threat of violence and that a fire alarm had been set off.

The hotel's guests had to be evacuated, with the supporters deliberately trying to force the Glazers out of what they thought were their rooms. Several police vans attended along with a fire crew, but it is not thought the Glazers were there at the time.

United are aware of the incident but have decided not to make any public comment. The Glazers have their own bodyguards and it is understood their security arrangements include making block bookings under different names at several hotels before the matches when they fly in from Florida.

The family also insists on travelling in cars with blacked-out windows, although Bryan Glazer stated earlier in the summer that they had now been "accepted" by United's fans.

That claim looks, at best, to be misguided, the latest incident proving that the hostility is as deep as it has ever been. Anti-Glazer graffiti has been daubed over Old Trafford and the people responsible for the latest security scare are believed to be affiliated to the so-called Manchester Education Committee, an unofficial fans' group that has let it be known it will resort to violence in its attempt to drive the Glazers out of the club.

----

Hadn't heard anything about this....?

Return of the MEC?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We were never gonna get buck tooth once Barca went in for him ffs.

Aw man, I'm gutted, tomorrow realllly WILL be the longest day ever icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Optimism wavering a little BBB?

Say bu-bye to Karma me thinks icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Has the round-up been posted yet? cba to search through all the waffle of the last twenty pages. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shall do it if you want.

[to satisfy myself being the only reason...]

• 1 month later...

MoM: Vida - absolutley superb, didn't let a single thing get past him and made some brilliant sliding takles

2nd: Paddy Evra - In my opinion he is getting better and better this season and is a suprisingly good header of the ball , ran non stop.

Honorable mentions go to Scholesy & Rooney , who seems to be playing a lot better and I hope to god he picks this sunday to break his drought with a double against the granny stabbing bin dippers.

Also I can't belive in a match that we dominated from start to finish , two of the worst players on the pitch (O'shea & Richardson) were on the score sheet , when the third went in I didn't know whether to be happy or sad tbh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

ahahhahaha,

I was about to reply to Mart saying "matt'll say that because the fans are idiots" refreshed first and low and behold..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Reserves are playing tonight but Smith isnt. The lad needs all the games he can get. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't risk him, we're basically down to bare bones as it is.

missed him though, we lost 3-0 to a much bigger, dirtier, more physical Sheffield United side, no contest really. only highlight was me getting on the pitch and floating a beautiful pass to Ron-Robert Zieler icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus Christ, I knew we had to make cost-cuts with the Glazers but it's getting very very ridiculous now.

This gets better, so you want him to come out and say:

"Oh Ronaldo is a great player, he'd be great here and would help us do well, but I love United more and would much rather fail myself than have a chance at winning anything. It's a shame, I'd like to win some medals but I'd much rather lose and have United win."

Get a grip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

£2.7 million for Pique is robbery. He may not be as good as Rio or Vidic (who is?) but he's a quality young player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't say that it's robbery exactly, as he's still largely unproven. However, you're right in the sense that if it was United trying to sign a promising young defender from Zaragoza's first team the bidding would start from 4 million at least.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about this for doomlordism;

Mourinho leaves Chelsea in the summer after winning the lot this season. We start next season poorly and have an awful season. But Chelsea are miles worse than this season and Liverpool win the title. icon_frown.gif

and voted also.

just looking at train times, seems it is possible to get back from Northwich after reserve games as long as they still kick-off at 7pm. two-hour round trip though ffs. hope it doesn't put off the anti-glazer protestors if that's the reason they're moving the venue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would need to get a taxi from the train station to the ground, its quite a trek too, down some long winding country roads with no paths, its impossible on public transport

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

Just heard on Sky Sports Sews that there's going to be no segregation between united and chelsea fans at the F.A. cup final, that should make it a little more 'interesting'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its just the Club Wembley seats, not the whole stadium </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah ok icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

you know who you've been linked with that I think could have helped tonight? javier mascherano. I know he's probably out of your price range but I think he could have neutralized kaka much better than carrick.

how much did you pay for carrick again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not gonna get a reaction out of me tonight David. icon_wink.gif

Lets look at it realistically, we were never going to get Mascherano when he would have been realistically available to us, purely due to the player ownership thing. Was a shrewd move by your lot taking advantage of the problems it caused West Ham and you guys should be applauded for that icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

all worked out in the end though. missed out on some overrated argie (veron icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif) and instead got the man you were really after, and at what a price! carrick - now HE'S a big match footballer.

• 3 weeks later...

time for some user awards to pep things up. previously known as the best/worst trespasser awards, but that name was rubbish. so are these names tbf, but anyway:

Opposition fan we don't really mind contributing that much:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ratinho

Francis Cole

Ajw2255

Juni

atvkwkad

SirZ

Eric Cartman

DeafParrot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Opposition fan about as welcome as Kieran Richardson in a starting XI:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Deco2o

Moreclaw

Gregg Carter

any of the bindipping vermin

Francis Cole

AndyPolack

Pires777

Juni

goater666

joe_cole

youll_never_walk_alone

Daaaaaaaaaaave

Pickles