The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one of the funniest things in that article is the notion that Rooney actually changed the context of burying the hatchet into a quip that was pretty damn handy for The Sun to quote!

Anyway, SSN just reported that Beppe Rossi has extended his contract to 2010, so thats some good news at least.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard Tappenden:

I think Carrick will do well for us - we have to ignore the ridiculous fee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In your supposed financial position, you can't. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

funnily enough,

chelsea = us

man utd = soviets

spend until one team cracks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i offered that bet a few pages ago. no takers icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I felt the cost of the flight made it a less than attractive proposition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, forgot he was an Ozzie for a minute there.

There's my get-out. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Has Rooney ever scored a header for us? I seem to remember a while back someone saying he hadn't, and i couldn't think of one.

The only one i can ever remember him scoring was that one at Euro 2004, i think against Switzerland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Andrew, is there nothing in the Borowski to Bayern rumours? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Outside of Bayern fans dreaming of signing him in FCB forums, never heard that rumor. I doubt he's for sale.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

oh and fao bbb.

whats the name of the building youre living in now? im looking to move to the quays area and were looking at quay 5 which is classed as ordsall and a few minutes from the exchange quay metro, near kfc/harry ramsdens etc. not sure what the areas like but i imagine pretty dodgy as iirc paul massey does all the security round there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha Massey, wasnt he involved with the Noonans?

It's called Madison Apartments mate

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Someone has to scan the back of RI btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All will be revealed (when somebody does it).

Ahaha, I can see you lot all had productive Friday nights icon_biggrin.gif

To sum up then:

- Some people hate Fletcher, others think he’s awesome

- Some people hate O’Shea, others think he’s useful

- Some people hate Richardson, a couple thing he’s alright, Jules thinks he’s god

- Most people hate Silvestre, Mika thinks he’s amazing, but loses all credibility anyway by not rating O’Sullivan, the greatest talent to ever play the game of snooker.

- Everyone hates Liam Miller

- An full blown ‘essay-off’ between Mark and Jim will probably be the cause of Armageddon.

Anyway, the Watford game… Ronnie to have another belter, Fletcher to continue with his ‘progression’, Carrick to look sharp and Silvestre to be subbed after 3 and a half minutes would suit me perfectly. Saying that, I think we’ll draw 1-1.

MON UNITED icon_mad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

No me dancing for gays was on Canal Street ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you avin a laugh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, was hammered, decided to dance, then dance on a table, gyrating for gays, was a good night icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, I forgot the best moment of the game - JOS trying a step over and just tumbling over off the pitch. Shoo-in to win Funniest Moment in this season's United Awards icon_cool.gif

Kudos to the Copenhagen fans, highly entertaining and brilliantly behaved.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Was posted on the previous page. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well maybe if people did their jobs and we had a regular round-up, repitition of rumours wouldn't happe, eh? icon_mad.gif

[/angry elmonzo]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Wonder who the last promoted team was that we didn't get 3pts off in a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

city when they last came up, though I reckon there's been someone more recent anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah good call, think that might be it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

ahaha the stretching, forgot about that icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was when i said someone needs to sneak up behind him and kick him up the arse </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

Your bottle has gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, the only user on the boards who can make me long for the greater intellect and wit of a Pires777 post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OZZIE! OZZIE MATE! Come here a minute!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

haha, just seen this from the Mirror:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MANCHESTER City legend Mike Summerbee has come up with a novel way of stopping Manchester United next weekend.

City must score to avoid going down in history as the team with fewest top-flight goals at home in a season and Summerbee says locking United in their dressing-room until kick-off might help. He explained: "I don't think we should allow visiting teams to warm up on the pitch. Keep them in the dressingroom until just before kick-off.

Even some of the best players would bottle it having to run out in front of 40-odd thousand." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's serious isn't he? icon_biggrin.gif

not really. he's quite strong and well-built for his age, makes a decent target man but he's distinctly average in almost every way tbh. hope he does well and gets a contract though, cheers for the info.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

the VDS hate a bit random icon_biggrin.gif he didn't put a foot wrong tonight ffs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I said that, but I still think he shouldn't be no. 1 next season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rosslarkin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

Foster

Neville Rio Vidic Evra

Hargreaves Carrick

Anderson

Ronaldo Nani

Rooney

</pre>

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Average Age: 24

icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We dropping Scholesy now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just put Foster and Anderson in to prove a point about the youthfulness of our squad/potential first team now

Archived