The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

ok, what about my second point then?

If any of our players do that during the course of the 06/07 season, will you be calling them a c**t and demanding their immediate transfer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? after the final whistle when the result is decided and in no way influencing the outcome of the game will I be demanding their transfer? no? because it isn't influencing the outcome of a game?

ngngngngngngng </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm on about the Ronaldo incident today and you know it, so now, answer the question/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no, you were f**king on about Heinze.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I'm a Man Utd fan and agree with everything that you have written,

it's a shambolic situation and for Gill to come out months ago and say

that want to get everything sorted by the World Cup and then Fergie to

come out and say we always knew it would be after the World Cup.

Something is clearly amiss.

It's obvious to the "hardcore" that we haven't got a pot to **** in

and we're going to have the average players such as

O'Shea/Fletcher/Silvestre/Richardson in the side while

Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool have all made signings. It takes the mickey

that ticket prices have gone up (£26 and now it's £30) and yet not one

signing this summer.

What makes me laugh is that Fergie will come out with "Well we tried

to sign a few players but unfortunately time ran out and we were

unable to complete any signings, I am happy with the squad I have" yet

he has said this "If I were to start the season with all the players

I've got available, all fit, I don't think the supporters would be

disappointed - neither would I."

It's a joke, an utter joke. I wish he would come out and say that we

haven't got a pot to **** in" but sadly he won't as and I quote "the

Glazers have been great". It's a shambolic state and he would go out

as a legend if he came out and said "Right, I'm off, we can't sign

anyone, let some other joker run the club" as it is, if he carries on

with this ******** he will lose the legacy that he has built for years

on end. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

email I just sent to Oliver Holt. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

you say that.. they're both still typing frantically into two Word documents on seperate computers before merging and compressing them to a snappy 400 line post on here </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was wondering what that last thing on my Uni reading list was for this year.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

This "we have midfielders who can do a job up there" rubbish can **** right off as well btw - so we're short on numbers in one area of the pitch, and we're now going to weaken that further by asking some of the few players we do have in that area to do a job elsewhere?

I've had enough of square ****ing pegs in round ****ing holes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

giggsy upfront ftw.

how would you view the signing of tevez nick?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> [bWE HAD CASH FOR HARGREAVES - FERGIE[/b]

Posted 08/09/06 16:38

EmailPrintSave

Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted he had the money to buy Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich.

The transfer window closed last week with Hargreaves remaining with the German giants, much to the frustration of the Manchester United manager, who had made no secret of his desire to bring the England international to Old Trafford.

Another bid is expected during the January transfer window but there are some supporters who feel Bayern's refusal to let Hargreaves leave and a relatively quiet summer in terms of new signings by United's standards was more to do with budgetary controls imposed by new owner Malcolm Glazer.

Speculation continues to rumble on over the exact cost of the interest required to pay back the massive loans Glazer took on the buy the club and Ferguson has hardly endeared himself to the more militant members of the Red Devils support by attacking those who have been attracted to breakaway club FC United.

A handful of protesters erected a 'Fergie out' banner on the road which leads directly to United's luxurious Carrington training base this morning.

As he usually enters Carrington by a less obvious route, it is doubtful Ferguson even saw the banner and, once inside, the Red Devils boss set the record straight on the cash made available to bring players in.

"The money was there," he said.

"There is absolutely no doubt about that and there is a possibility we could pursue the transfer again at some point."

By opting to chase Hargreaves so vigorously - much to the disapproval of Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness - Ferguson was obliged to drop his interest in Villarreal's Marcos Senna, who had been lined up as another potential reinforcement to a midfield the United boss admitted last season had been an area of relative weakness.

"Marcos was the alternative but we couldn't keep him or Villarreal waiting any longer," said Ferguson.

"We had to withdraw gracefully from that because we felt Hargreaves was the important one. Unfortunately, we didn't get him but maybe another time."

It means that, aside from goalkeeping understudy Tomasz Kuszczak, Ferguson's only summer recruit was £18.6million midfielder Michael Carrick, who will make his home debut against former club Tottenham at Old Trafford tomorrow.

With many pundits questioning the amount of cash Ferguson has paid for the 25-year-old, whose late substitute appearance against Macedonia on Wednesday marked only his eighth England cap.

The United boss feels Carrick can supply the killer pass which has been missing from his side's play throughout their barren three-year Premiership run.

And, while the Wallsend-born midfielder's integration into life with the Red Devils has been hampered by an ankle injury picked up during the ill-fated pre-season trip to Amsterdam, Ferguson is content with his progress so far.

"Michael has had no problems settling in," observed Ferguson, who refused to be drawn on last weekend's fracas involving Wayne Rooney and Michael Gray.

"It is easy in a sense because there are so many English players here.

"His training has been great. He will definitely start tomorrow.

"He owes a lot to Tottenham but, like any player coming up against his old club for the first time, I am sure he will be glad to get it out of the way."

Skipper Gary Neville should return after recovering from the calf problem which kept him out of England's Euro 2008 double-header.

However, Gabriel Heinze is still two weeks away from full fitness after finally getting maximum strength back in his legs following an exhaustive World Cup campaign with Argentina.

Alan Smith will not be considered for the Spurs clash either despite the former Leeds man insisting he would play if called upon after coming through his third reserve-team outing following the horrific injury he suffered in last season's FA Cup defeat to Liverpool.

"Alan has so much enthusiasm he would play with a broken leg if you asked him to," said Ferguson.

"He has played three reserve games so far, so he is getting there but it is only when you see him in training, you realise how serious an injury it was.

"He is so chirpy about the whole thing and he has a fantastic never-say-die attitude but he is not ready to play tomorrow." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Believe him?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

haha Today FM's clueless presenter said earlier that Kevin Doyle would be a good signing in January icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldnt be opposed to for the right price....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

good stuff today icon14.gif

came to the wall at 1.30pm, where were you clowns? though tbf id only recognise beebeebee.

MotM:

1) Christiano Ronaldo - monster

2) Ryan Giggs - so good when he came on, needed his pace and trickery badly

oh and two other things:

cheering on steven hunt icon_biggrin.gif

top of the united otf league \o/

• 2 weeks later...

Rossi - Surely it would be far more use having him play in the Premiership, so he can adapt to the game?

Sometimes he looks like such a class player, but probably has to start finding a greater level of consistency quite soon if he's going to break through.

Fletcher - find it hard to believe he will ever be a regular for you, whoever said Nicky Butt would probably be about right. Legend though.

• 5 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

Replay three days before your visit to the Murderers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>depends on the TV companys if we play the tuesday or the wednesday

Hopefully the Tuesday mon sky picking it up and not Beeb

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

I like to think of it more as mark realising that Ruud's far too good for the people in this thread.

ruudruudruudruudruud </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark showing why he was never fit to start the thread, wp foobs.

*At the Dresden Short film festival. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is it about bomber command?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

And 5 Euros for a pint ??? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif 8 Euros for a half pint in Milan icon13.gif

So bought a crate of 24 Coke can size beers for 30 Euros instead

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

must be reassuring for the scouse fans on here knowing they've always got some clown over the other side of the world ready to step in and maintain their high standards of mongery while they're sleeping :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awwwwww *pat pat*

MU Travel have the one up so far £289 day trip from Manchester with ticket cost on top and insurance i guess??

No idea what BBB stuck in for that last time.

Obviously be applying via the ballot first like last time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Also, are all our remaining games going to be televised? Was just looking at the fixture list and the k.o. times and I can’t see one that I wouldn’t put on the TV except perhaps the Everton game on the 28th at 1245pm, and even then I don’t really get why that one would be moved to that time of day unless it was going to be broadcast since I can recall any issues with the Goodison Park fixtures recently that would require a lunchtime start. Regardless of that what it does do of course is help us out as far as extra recovery time for the second leg at the San Siro goes which will hopefully be a positive. Actually looking at it again the Boro fixture a week on Saturday comes under that category as well since it’s a 515pm k.o. What’s the point unless they’re putting it on Prem Plus or SS1? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All except West Ham are set for TV iirc. But if there is still something riding on the last game that will be televised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived