The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Ruud van Nistelrooy wants to quit Manchester United.

The Holland international's future at Old Trafford has been in doubt since a bust-up with Ferguson at the end of last season.

Bayern Munich have expressed a willingness to sign the 30-year-old, while reports have claimed Real Madrid have agreed personal terms.

Though no deal has been struck with United, Ferguson acknowledged that van Nistelrooy has asked to leave the club.

"There may be some interest from Real Madrid and Bayern Munich," confirmed Ferguson.

"I am waiting for (chief executive) David Gill to fill me in but Ruud has asked to leave." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Its between him and Scholes for me as our next penalty taker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's bad enough taking a penalty against one keeper, let alone two.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

btw, with this insistence from Fergie to play Giggs/Scholes central partnership ahead of giving the younger players a chance there, does it suggest to anyone else that hes not very confident of getting a new CM at all so is giving these 2 as much practice as possible for a setup which might be our Premiership first choice for the rest of the season? /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie wouldn't be that silly. Right? RIGHT? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

what they said was correct. this season will not be as bad as initially thought and the performance showed that. but we still need a goalscorer (i assume fergies waiting to see whether rvn goes before that) and a CENTRE MIDFIELDER angryfire.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Celtic are pish ffs. Don't judge off one game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Fletcher > Richardson

That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

talentwise? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

interesting. im not so sure myself. i do rate fletcher to an extent (higher than taz anyway) but he is starting to frustrate me. after 100+ appearances for the club the time is running out for him to be seen as a decent prospect, he really has to start showing it. whereas with richardson i feel he can still be considered as a prospect and has the basic raw attributes like pace and power that can be worked on and improved.

oh, and acou, the thought of the glazers here til 2016 makes me weep quite frankly

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Mika is going to be very unhappy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably will be with my list icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Excellent, can we have regular reviews on how our lads are doing please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the Rangers thread... icon_wink.gif

Martin missed the game today though a slight strain but has been excellent so far. Does need to tone down the showboating somewhat but nothing wrong with a bit of confidence.

That was just Bardsley's 2nd game (after being injured and ill) but he looks as if he's played right back for us for years.

If they both consistently show this kind of form then I'd be astounded if SAF doesn't want them back. However, obviously they'll struggle to break into the Utd first XI so it might be in both team's interest to make the loans more long term than Xmas or next May.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

rio looked lazy at times to me yesterday. sometimes he looks like he knows hes so good that he doesnt have to try that hard and whilst its great to see him striding around without a care in the world, when he gets done for pace or loses focus for a second it makes him look a bit of a twat.

obv thats being extremely harsh but it doesnt feel right being totally happy about everything.

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

i haven't touched my fantasy team since i selected it. \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hadn't touched it for ages til this week when I removed Cahill due to his injury.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's an utter joke, just glad that I'm a season ticket holder and don't have to put up with this shambles.

I can see them aboloshing membership altogether next season or half season, season tickets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah yes

if i said i couldn't afford to pay for your ST and mine on the spot what would you do??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thank christ you reminded him, it's been at least 10 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

'66 icon_cool.gif

'67 icon_cool.gif

'68 icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

25 years icon_frown.gif

And then it got icon_cool.gif again. icon_biggrin.gif

Club > Country

I have tickets for Watford and Pompey (FA Cup). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So how much (if at all) was the european cup win tarnished by (whisper it) <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">the bitters beating us to the league </pre>? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tbh, I didn't give a toss at the time. Winning the European Cup removed all other issues to the back of my mind. But then, I was only 12 back then.

Getting demoted by them (The Bitters) was a much worse thing to happen. Denis icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to the article on Ronaldo/Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo was in attendance at Old Trafford at the weekend having returned from a mini-break in Dubai, which was taken on the instruction of his manager, after the Scottish tactician noticed fatigue in his display against Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can instruct Ronaldo but not Rooney?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> FOSTER EYES VAN DER SAR SPOT

Ben Foster is desperate to be given the chance to establish himself as Manchester United's first-choice goalkeeper next season.

The 23-year-old, who is on loan at Watford and is in the England squad for the European Championship qualifier in Israel at the weekend, is to return to Old Trafford in the summer to do battle with Edwin van der Sar for a first-team place.

And although he rates Holland international Van der Sar as one of the best in the business, Foster admitted today it would be "a hard thing to take" if he had to spend most of the 2007-08 campaign on the bench.

"Edwin van der Sar is my favourite goalkeeper in the world, and he has been awesome this season," Foster told PA Sport.

"He would be quite an obstacle to move out of the way, although that [being a regular substitute] would be very disappointing.

"It would be a hard thing to take if it were to work out like that.

"I met Sir Alex Ferguson a few weeks ago, and the plan is for me to be back at United next season.

"He just told me to come back in the summer and to see how things go. If I am not picked, I will not let my head drop, but I will just try to prove my worth." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

tbf Jose hasn't said it either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to bet that he won't?

How are you enjoying best and edwards james?

I'm probably about a quarter way through and think its thoroughly well written and enjoyable. Although Bestsstories in the book come across bitter and sad where as Edwards stories are written in such a magnificent light. I guess thats the point of the book though to highlight how much talent both had and how both sets of talent were in the end wasted.

Enjoyable though

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

the atmosphere in the pub was fantastic, Ronaldo is just so ffffffffffffb.

Then when they scored some Liverpool fan cheered and an idiot United fan went mental at him, looked like things were going to kick off in there as well for a minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where were you watching it Alex? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Orange Grove in Fallowfield, it's a student only pub, so there's usually lots of non-united fans, but generally no trouble. The guy who was trying to start a fight didn't look like a student though tbf, as they don't ID until gone 9 usually.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Mark, I know. icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought you did, but i didn't want to take the risk of getting knifed in the night and waking up dead if i was wrong icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Rooney played ***** tbf (sorry for intruding your thread). 2 goals one good one lucky. Ronaldo hmm nowt special. Kaka awseome and so was scholes apart from the odd foul here and there. Everton for you lot at weekend, definatoe loss for you there.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, not suggesting that was on the cards. Just addressing the issue of turning up in the lague and in the cups over a season. Can and has been done.

I still think Chelsea are running out of juice because there team deprived of Ballack and Robben has very little clue about creatihng anything. Can't level that at your shower, so i'm left to ponder.

The defensive injuries can't be ignored ofc.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Isnt there some sort of box set with all the season reviews from 92/93 through about 02/03 somewhere? Could swear that exists and if anyone knows where to find it then do tell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ask nick, i think he has it. or if he doesn't, i'm sure he has something similar, probably done by the same people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've got the 92/93-01/02 one (well, it's the gf's, but i've basically stolen it). think she got it from MVC, dunno if they still exist, if they do you should be able to get it off their website. if not you're probably looking at eBay.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived