The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Also, United aren't going to be one of FCUM's 'rivals' again, are they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, these are teams with United listed as a rival:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">21 Liverpool

20 Man City

20 FCUM

20 Leeds

19 Arsenal

17 Stoke

17 Bolton

16 West Ham

15 Oldham

15 Newcastle

15 Chelsea

13 Crystal Palace

10 Sheff wed

7 Chester

5 Derby

5 Stockport

3 Macclesfield </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even more amusing than our list icon_biggrin.gif

Stoke? What in the blue hell? icon_biggrin.gif

Nice to see Senegal clearly obsessed with us btw icon_cool.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

This has really f**ked me off this morning. Well, afternoon. If he has come out and said all this then he's a stupid twat and I feel massively let-down. Which is naive of me of course because this has always been on the cards.

If he's said all this, he can go, but it should be on our terms. Time to stop being utter mugs in the transfer game - sure Madrid, you can have him, but for £25m plus a quality player and nothing less.

If this is all ******** (and the attributed quoted seem more like some kind of PR guff than the way Ronaldo would speak) then he needs to come out and vehemently deny this ASAP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me thinks his agent has been talking, but i dont know why. His contract has 4 years on it

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Is there any room at the Doomclub? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. F**k off.

Oh but leave that wrist-slitting knife here will you.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

But better than what you've got? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fletcher > Gravesen. So no.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

have we had two off in a game before? I remember the Villa game at the end of the season a little while back...but Ronnie won his appeal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We had two off against Everton the other year but we lost that.

Only other one i can remember right now.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

whenever I see Frosttrock I think of Frostrup and get an erection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frostrock? You'd get an erection from Fraggle Rock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I was thinking of Mariela, but now you come to mention it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

get back in your own thread you fat glory hunting sh*t, dont think you can keep coming and going just because your gooners lost at citeh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A sheppard herds the sheep:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Stromstad's goal STRAIGHT out of PES icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha so true icon_biggrin.gif

I was going to updte my PES at the end of the transfer window... so far I put Carrick in but refused to move Ruud icon_biggrin.gif

Now I dont think I'll bother, we'll just be sh*t and I'd rather we were good somewhere - even if it is only a game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put the new kits and badge in mine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i just downloaded an option file off www.pesfan.com and had it all done for me icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one I downloaded didn;t have the new badge or kits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i got mine of a mate who'd downloaded it because i dont have a max drive to do stuff like that. he must of edited the kits and badge himself because theyre perfect.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I honestly don't remember my first United game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me neither. I remember the awe i felt is i came up and first saw the whole pitch and the full stands in front of me (there's a scene in fever pitch that captures it really well), but i don't remember who we played, or any more than it would have probably been '78 or early '79. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah but I am only 22, you're about 40 icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alibaster:

First game at OT - somewhen this season hopefully.

I hate living so far away.......to hard to get to games.....icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where there's a will there's a way! Where do you live? Get in touch with a local supporters club and see if they'll give you a lift.

I got a lift with my uncle's Rochester club from MK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Bedford supporters club pick up at both MK junctions on teh M1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Keith, fancy giving me a lift to FC tomorrow? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

my plans for tomorrow are meet the notlob muppet around 10-11am pick up my switch card and go into the exchange to get some running shoes

we were then returning to vehicle and headinbg to FC

you'll have to meet us somewhere cannae be arsed driving over to you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Nick basically saying Mark g doesn't know his arse from his elbow back at Martin's after the game *ducks* icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true icon_biggrin.gif

Purely saying I felt vindicated in my assertion that keeping Ole around would do absolutely no harm and more than likely a lot of good icon_cool.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

And that's why I hate you with every inch of my soul. That's a lot of inches.

Carrick is doing the defensive side of his work a billion times better than all the "lololwtf he cant tackle at all" ***** thought he would. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about? For a start he cant tackle well at all and nobody has mentioned the defensive side of his game at all.

He can look good and be playing pretty well as is but hes a player who plays well when the rest of the team does and goes missing when the team is playing badly. Its ok moving it from side to side now but when Scholes goes hes going to have to step up and show a lot more.

His passing has been very hit and miss so far in a United shirt and he will need to learn to take control and dominate games sooner or later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

VDS, Neville, Heinze, Wes, Rio, Richardson, Ronaldo, Fletcher, O'Shea, Rooney, Ole </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't far off.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi had an immediate impact in his first game on loan at Parma by scoring in the 1-0 win over Torino.

Rossi, 19, struck in the 75th minute for Parma - the club United bought him from in July 2004.

The win moved Parma up a place to 18th - the final relegation spot.

Meanwhile, leaders Inter Milan clinched a 3-1 win over Fiorentina to extend their record of successive victories in Serie A to 13.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do you reckon Vidic has for breakfast? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Montenegro. It's the real reason for the split iirc.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AllStar4:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Pre-match meal: Chicken and spaghetti with ketchup on top. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pikey bas' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is ketchup a term for any kind of tomato-based sauce in the UK? Don't tell me you people actually put Heinz ketchup on spaghetti... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not for everybody, tbh. Ketchup is ketchup in my house. Otherwise it's tomato sauce.

You'd be really surprised at what some of them do put on their food, though. icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by red&white army:

Ole wasn't great, but the service to him was poor. he needs the ball putting into the box, but unforntuately Ronaldo had one of those days where he seemed incapable of delivering any quality. at least Ole had the vision to pick out teammates in a better position than him, unlike Saha, who always runs with his head down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It wasn't just about service. There were times when Ole had the ball just outside the box and needed just to skip by a defender but he couldn't do it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eric Cantona

Teddy Sheringham

Alan Shearer (as much as I can't stand him)

Gianfranco Zola

Dennis Bergkamp

Henrik Larsson

proof that pace isn't everything for a striker. its the brain - the ability to get into the right position and to put the ball in the net.

pace is an asset, but not at all necessary to be a goalscorer.

Its a bit unfair to criticise Ole, he doesn't get enough games now since Larsson arrived, and he has scored plenty of goals this season. eh will score more before the end of the season too if he gets the games.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

not sure if it's been posted already, but the game on Tuesday is on BBC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone know if the boro game is deffo on bbc as well? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

anyone?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ahaha. Holt you clown, what a piece of 'writing'. Also ignoring the fact that we had many chances and a stonewall penalty denied, West Ham more than lucky to get anything to some extent.

just quickly going back to that picture of alansmithisfb14 & uncle, that bloke behind him in the white jumper is the personification of shifty.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived