The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

I'd prefer both tbh.

Those two together behind Rooney, Ronaldo, Torres & A N Other makes me drool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you wake up.

• 2 weeks later...

As a follow up to the Vieira thing, word is that if Juve only go down to Serie B then the majority of their stars will be retained by the club and only sent out on year long loans, in the hope that they'd bounce back up to Serie A and bring them all back.

Is this something any of you would want with any Juve players? Personally, the idea of someone coming to play their football at Old Trafford just for a year until his 'real club' is back where it belongs really sickens me. What sort of motivation would they have at all? I'd only accept it if (as seems likely) we don't make any significant moves and are left severely depleted in midfield. But even then it's only a stopgap.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

I'm moving to Didsbury at the end of the year/start of next. icon_cool.gif

Didsbury Village > Everywhere </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Altrincham icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Mikael meant it, finished like Ruud icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get back to watching Formula One and failing to acknowledge raw snooker genius icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

Trezeguet makes Fergie-sense tbf:

- Get rid of arguably the best penalty-box striker in the world, partly because of a personality clash largely brought about by him being dropped because he wasn't offering enough to the team outside that box.

- Oversee a vast improvement in the quality of play with a different type of striker, and wax lyrical about this.

- Then decide to replace aforementioned best penalty-box striker around with an inferior, equally lazy and uncreative alternative who is of a similar age and who will probably cost more.

Awesome/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*slits wrists* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the begniing of the summer I decided to wait to get my United shirt until we signed Torres so I could chuck it on the back, when I realised he wasn't coming I thought **** it'll get Rooney.....I'm still waiting til transfer window closes just in case but if we get Trezeguet I'm getting no shirt out of protest.

This better not be the surprise. This would be a big nast nightmare.

Although I do always remember that super volley he got for monaco to knock us out of the champions league nearly ten years ago.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I was actually born in Sarf London but moved up to sunny Stockport at the age of 2. My dad never really followed football. Enjoyed watching it but didn't support a team.

So basically it came down to the primary school I was at. I had to choose a club and the majority supported Man Utd. So I became the proverbial sheep and followed.

The first season that I can really remember was 93/94 with us beating chelsea 4-0 in the FA cup final. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which school?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Why no Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops forgot our best player jpshakehead.sml.gif .

Vs Celtic

VDS

Neville

Evra

Brown

Rio

Ronnie

Giggs

Fletch

Scholes

Saha

Rooney.

Subs

Kuszack

Silvestre

Park

Carrick

Ole

Not a bad bench for a change tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just think how much better the bench will be when you add the extra two players we're allowed to have on there for European games to the five you've already got. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

just add Richardson & Smith/Jonah then smart arse. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

\o/

Sorry to here about your wall troubles chaps icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could Scatter not build you a new one?

He's an aussie builder, so it'll be two to three years later than predicted and massively over budget, but it's better than nothing, surely?

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

it may well be a last minute decision on whether i go or not as i'll have to drive down.

Note: No fecker is having a lift home as i'll be parking where the bus would park so i can get away on time as i'm working monday morning </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably best you stay in Scotland then. Don't want you rushing home for work.

Yo ucould always tell us to **** off when we ask for a lift home btw :D It's not like it's difficult for us to get the tram.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing which does strike me is that although Alan Smith has a lot of good qualities, and is a decent striker in his own right, I just can't see him fitting into such a system. He can hold the ball up until Rooney and Ronaldo get into better positions, but he can't himself then get into the box or get away from defenders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

oh man. The one game I'm not coming to and Mike's in town icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

Are you driving up for the game or staying somewhere Ooop North? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jaime ! icon_mad.gif

Driving up for the game, hoping to get there around 12.30 and get a couple of pints in before the game.

Obviously not going to be able to park at the ground but hoping some advice for reasonably safe areas in the vacinity ?

Anyone else going that I've vaguely heard of ! icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh and did anyone hear about him going MENTAL over a £28 callout charge to fix his washing machine? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He probably thought it was another of Rio's "Merked" moments.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont understand it.. keeping the same side has proven to work. So changing NOW just before the biggest game of the season and breaking up the flow is just asking for trouble /o\

And tbh if the players cant lift themselves to get through both these games (Tuesday and Sunday arent even that close together ffs) then we wont be winning anything anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah thanks to Fergie being brilliant at loaning out Rossi. He might not have be first team quality yet but when Saha performs like this i can't see any reason why someone like Rossi cannot take his place. At least he would have competition. I can't wait for the 2nd of January and for Larsson to be eligible to play for us. Saha might wake up and start playing footie again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After all that Neville talk on the last page I thought I'd keep it going on this page. Its not good news though icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

From The Times

March 27, 2007

All hands on deck for United as Neville prognosis worsens

James Ducker

Manchester United’s hopes of an unprecedented second treble have been dealt a significant blow after it emerged yesterday that Gary Neville, the club captain, could be out of action for up to another six weeks because of injury.

Neville is expected to miss the whole of next month and faces a race to be fit in time for the potential Barclays Premiership title decider against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on May 9.

It is not clear whether Neville has suffered a setback in his recovery from ankle ligament damage that he suffered in the 4-1 victory at home to Bolton Wanderers ten days ago or whether United’s initial suggestion that he would be sidelined for three weeks was optimistic.

Certainly, the England defender’s absence will be keenly felt as the club step up their three-pronged pursuit of Premiership, Champions League and FA Cup honours.

Neville is understood to be hopeful of regaining full fitness by the time United visit Stamford Bridge in their rearranged Premiership fixture — their penultimate and possibly decisive league game of the season — but assuming he does not return before then, Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, will be without his captain for as many as 11 matches.

Key among those are the FA Cup semi-final against Watford at Villa Park on April 14, both legs of the Champions League quarter-final against AS Roma next Wednesday and April 10 and, perhaps most significantly, should United overcome the Italian team, both legs of the semi-final against the winners of the AC Milan-Bayern Mu-nich tie, on April 24 and May 2.

Neville left the field only seven minutes into United’s game against Bolton after a challenge by Gary Speed and the defender was still limping heavily yesterday.

The injury is an untimely blow for Ferguson, who already has to do without Mikaël Silves-tre, the France defender, for the rest of the season because of a dislocated shoulder, and underlines why the manager has told fringe players such as Wes Brown, Gabriel Heinze and John O’Shea that they will be “the most important players at the club†during the run-in.

On a positive note for Ferguson, his striking options are expected to improve in the league match at home to Blackburn Rovers on Saturday, with Louis Saha and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer back in contention after injury.

His first-choice goalkeeper, Edwin van der Sar, who has been passed fit to play for Holland in their Euro 2008 qualifying match away to Slovenia tomorrow after overcoming a calf strain, will also return.

There was better news, too, on the issue of Cristiano Ronaldo’s new contract. The Portu-gal winger has reiterated his desire to stay at Old Trafford just days after Jorge Mendes, his agent, had suggested that a deal might not be resolved until the summer amid serious interest in the player from Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“It’s a good sign to know that I have so many clubs interested in me, such as Madrid,†Ronaldo said. “It means that I am valued and my work pleases, but I’m very happy where I am and I hope to stay at Manchester United for many years.â€

Ronaldo’s form has been central to United’s hopes of repeating the historic treble success of eight years ago. However, Paul Scholes insisted yesterday that winning the Premiership remained the club’s “top priorityâ€.

“After not doing so well in the Premiership in the last couple of years, we’re all more determined than ever to lift the trophy this year,†the former England midfield player said.

“The other competitions would be a bonus if we can do well in them. If we could win all three, that would be nice, but if I had to choose one, it would be the league. I think a lot of the players feel that way.†</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

He wants to make his way with park next season? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

is what i gathered it at. sheasy apparently isnt the only gay in the village icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Says the guy who wont buy a ST himself as "getting tickets will be easy" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it ain't exactly hard, tbh. Only a few games I missed last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be harder now that martin refuses to get any one any tickets

Archived