The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakey06:

No Senna & no Hargreaves fffffffs tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much have you seen of them both to come to that conclusion?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

nice group. some good teams and fun aways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm looking at copenhagen but fixture dates will dictate my final choice

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

So over my head icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"roof of Debenhams" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"he's thrown a kettle over a pub, what have you done"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Alright how about greatest single moment at Old Trafford?

Mine is Ruud slotting in the penalty against Arsenal :*) fffffb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one of mine too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yas just got confirmation for the Liverpool tickets, i just have to meet someone at the Village Hotel in Hyde with £70 on Saturday and they're mine!! But i'm happy enough cause David May will more than likely be there too cause he's best mates with this guy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Btw, am i the only one that DIDN'T saw a dive from Ronaldo? It's quite obvious on the replays that he tripped by himself ffs.

But true he fell very theatrical either way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ment that he tripped for real.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

oh and Rooney looked worryingly poor again :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll be because he spent most of last week poncing around in NY. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif /o\ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well he did icon_biggrin.gif the team lost momentum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did he stay there, or go for the day?

The only reason i ask is as to whether jet lag would be an issue. Apart from that, he looked more like a player who needs a week or two off than to be criticised for not training.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ?:

True, but AMC is the only position I can see him in the future. What with one Wayne Rooney in his natural 2nd striker role icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well we're all whining about the lack of squad depth, having Rooney AND Rossi in that position is surely viable?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't speak to any of the season ticket holders around me, some have been there for as long as i've had my season ticket (5 seasons, iirc) just nothing to speak to them about.

I sing a lot (sat down), because there is a fair bit of noise from tier 2, but I don't stand up and do this because, I would get people shouting "It's the family stand, sit down!" And tbh, I don't have the balls to be the only one standing up in about 3 blocks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great second half performance last night, the first however was very dull and the atmosphere was the same. The second half was excellent, the move for Larsson's goal was top notch. I have to say Watford were very very poor and there support wasn't much better, with the usual songs "smalltime" teams sing. The second half atmosphere was much much, much better maybe because there was three goals scored towards the stretford end. As for the attendance I think I was a couple of thousand too low but there was no where near 76,000 on, the NE quad looked only half full and there was lots of empty seats in south stand tier 2. Bring on spurs!

MOM: Carrick

2nd: Ronaldo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Bit of a naff bench:

Heaton, Silvestre, Brown, Richardson, Larsson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No bench with Larsson on could be considered naff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even if it also contained 4 John O'Shea's (one for reserve keeper).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Albie:

Is Saha really that bad?

Early on this season I thought that even though he wasn't Iin the quality of RVN that his pace added added an option and stretched defences in a way RVN couldn't.

He looked quite good, maybe I'm just not used to expecting more thoug..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atm he really is that bad. Before end of November, even though he was still a wasteful fool, he was quite brilliant in the build-up play and generally had 3-4 chances per game and always took 1.

Now he is nowhere and especially nowhere in the build-up play because he cannot really get any worse at his finishing since he was complete pants before as well icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

Up until this morning there were apparently 3 teams who had never had a red card this season, Us, Scouse twats and Carlisle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i've said a few times this week that we'd not had one and we were bound to get one today. so predictable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'Paul Scholes has been cleared to play in Manchester United's prestigious charity match against a European Select XI at Old Trafford next week.

The former England star faced missing out on the March 13 game - which will celebrate both the 50th anniversary of United's entry into Europe and the Treaty of Rome - because of his red card at Liverpool on Saturday.

However, the Football Association have concluded that because Scholes is free to play in Wednesday night's Champions League encounter with Lille at Old Trafford, he should also be eligible for the charity game, when a full-strength United side will tackle a combined team - including Ronaldinho and Steven Gerrard - managed by Marcello Lippi.

It is a piece of double good news for Scholes from Soho Square as it has now been confirmed the 32-year-old will only be suspended for three games for his air swipe at Xabi Alonso.

As he was also red-carded during a pre-season clash with FC Porto, there had been fears Scholes would be banned for an extra game.

However, as that was not a designated first-team fixture under FA rules, his violent conduct dismissal only resulted in a suspension at that time.

It means Scholes will miss Saturday's FA Cup trip to Middlesbrough, plus the Premiership encounters with Bolton and Blackburn at Old Trafford on March 17 and 31, before being available again for the Easter Saturday encounter with Portsmouth at Fratton Park.' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, that's certainly a weight off my mind

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

derbyshire's attempts to imply Rio had viciously assaulted him were fairly amusing

talking of fairly amusing, got to the wall after the game, waited for ages, none of these c**ts showed up and there was an iceland bag with four cans of fosters in it. figured this was the leftovers from the wall lot so grabbed them and went home. now turns out they weren't icon_frown.gif

sorry randomers on stealing your fosters. it's pretty rank anyway tbf, so let that be a lesson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. You pikey stealin ****!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qwerty2k:

Just saw a pic of BBB in singles thread, is it me or does he look like Wicom? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wicks never had a shopping buddy.

:****************************************)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> MANCHESTER UNITED are ready to make a sensational summer move for Michael Owen.

Sir Alex Ferguson has focused his search for a striker on Newcastle's 27-year-old England star, who has a £12million release clause in his contract.

Owen has been out with a serious knee injury since last summer's World Cup finals but scored in a friendly game against Gretna last week.

Pleading

He has been pleading with Toon boss Glenn Roeder for a chance in the first-team and could make his comeback against Chelsea next week.

Ferguson will only launch a bid if he is fully satisfied Owen has recovered from the knee operation.

A well-placed United source told us: "It is no secret that Sir Alex wants another striker and he is bound to be attracted by someone of Owen's pedigree at such a competitive price. Naturally we would have to be certain he has recovered from his injury and that is why his return will be closely monitored.

"Ideally we want to see him in action for several games between now and the end of the season."

United's interest is certain to appeal to Owen, even though he still feels a debt to Newcastle after they paid £16m to sign him from Real Madrid nearly two years ago.

Owen still has his main home in the north-west, near Chester, even though he has a property in the north-east.

He is itching to get back into Premiership action and has also earmarked England's Euro Championship qualifier against Estonia in June for his international return. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO !!!!!!! icon_eek.gif

No no no, ffs.

• 2 weeks later...

If we could get a striker of the quality of Klose, Torres, Pazzini, or Huntelaar, then the striker would be the first target.

If however we are only going to get a Defoe, Bent, or Owen, then get a top quality winger first. Someone like Ribery or Mavuba would be an ideal starting point.

If a Gennaro type central midfielder turns up, I say grab him first, but Hargreaves (even though he's the greatest ever) should not be targeted ahead of one of the top quality players in the previous two positions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Of course we'd like a big name striker, but right now I can't see it happening for two reasons.

1 - Just spent 30million quid/euroes on two promising attacking midfielders.

2 - Don't really need to now.

As it is players like Smudge, Ole and Rossi are going to struggle to get in the team. If we bought another striker we'd have to drop a midfielder out of Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves, Nani, Ronaldo, Giggs, Anderson.

Can't see that happening.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eric Cartman:

Can't believe getting beat away by the European Champions beat getting beat by the bottom of the Championship as worst performance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

different starting elevens, different competitions, different priorities </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can see why citeh fans struggle with concepts like this tbf... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't give me that rubbish icon_biggrin.gif

The League Cup at the time was a high priority, just like it had been for a few years now as you weren't expected to go on and win the league or CL. Your starting XI was:

Kuszczak

O'Shea

Brown

Silvestre

Heinze

Ronaldo

David Jones

Fletcher

Richardson

Smith

Rooney

You were awful that night with an extremely strong side, I can't see how its even comparable

to being totally outclassed on the night by the European Champions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We clearly didn't give a monkeys, we started David Jones.

DAVID JONES, FFS!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Gabby'll be gone soon Saha :*(

Is it me or has there been a real influx of ***** in the last week or so? We're starting to resemble the Liverpool thread for christ's sake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a) There's an awfully long way to go before we're at that level

b) Let's hope it was just for half term.

Archived