The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

what a shambolic abortion of a title, first post and thread so far.

you're all scum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the title's quite good, actually icon_smile.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Carrick would have been regular.

And Lennon certainly would have been used throughout the course of a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>neither player was good enough when spurs signed them to even be considered for first team roles for man utd, and tbh even now with so much first team experience under their belts i wouldn't see them as anything more than squad players unless there's a vast improvement. lennon would be a better bet than carrick too, but he's just a poor man's ronaldo atm, if ronaldo does move on though then he could be useful.

no way would carrick have been a regular if utd had signed him stright from west ham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Down with all the doom merchants icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgive us for thinking that we need more than 2 new players to overtake Chelsea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we're not going to overtake Chelsea. Even with 8 new players. They'll just go out and buy five more.

But getting all wound up about it achieves nothing.

We just need to see how things go. We didnt do too badly last year with our own problems, if we can stay injury free, on form and Chelsea have a bit more than a slight wobble, who knows what may happen.

I still think we can finish second, which is as much as we can hope to achieve really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? Arsenal used to be a lot financially weaker than you but Wenger did a good job catching you up...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

That would've been a decent dig if he hadn't scored today icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goals in pre-season friendlies don't count. And I meant scoring against us anyway. icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, as far as I can see there are three distinct camps with regards to how Hargreaves is viewed:

- those who have always rated him

- those who thought he was sh*t based on his sporadic England appearances and who now think he's the second coming because he was actually quite good in the World Cup (this group included most of the national press)

- those who thought he was sh*t based on what the above group thought, and who now (justifiably) think the fuss about his impressive World Cup is over-the-top

There are obviously those who just don't rate him despite having watched him for Bayern, but I've noticed a lot of people in discussions about OH lately dismissing his World Cup performances as a flash in the pan because 'he must have been sh*t before the World Cup, everyone said so!'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Let me get this right, James gets his ticket back & I get to sit in one of the lovely new quedrants? icon_frown.gif

So Nick how much did you say you would be paying me to take the ticket off your hands? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't believe that was the deal at all, unless you accept payment in buttons.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Polack can call me blimp all he likes, he's an uglier version of Bagpuss \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not possibe.

Looking at BBB, i was thinking about Krakatoa was about to blow. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs, I'm a bit chubby but just too far dude icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

cheers. no way im sitting paying nearly 500 quid to sit up there, may as well watch it from a plane.

seems i might be able to get an 'in-house season ticket' with my supporters club which should be ok. already got a ticket for celtic at home icon_cool.gif

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supporters branches icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deco2o:

ManUre fans,turning on a guy who done so much for the club...beautiful,Wouldn't get that at Anfield! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you'd probably just strip his car and nick all his furniture.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

wtf is this desperado </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Essentially Corona with a shot of tequila.

5.8%. A good night all round... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye caramba 5.8%?! I'll have to have a look for that next time I'm on a night out...*makes note of Desperado*

Oh and while there's talk of indie nights in Manchester - 5th Ave > 42nd St.

On to matters football. Heard nothing about the ballot for the Liverpool game yet. ACou, did you ring up or did you get an email through? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its actually 5.9%...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Carrick ahead of Fletch and you've got it.

Although we've not seen the best of Carrick yet, the only thing Daz has above him is that he 'runs about a bit more'. Maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Mika said. So far, Fletcher has done everything Carrick has with the ball, but with energy and mobility on top. This isn't to judge Carrick long term, but on current form Fletcher all the way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Singing "shall we sing a song for you" "can you hear united sing" in English was fffffffffffffffffffffffffb.

2 of the Moston Rats got chucked out for jibbing icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come again ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Getting in without a ticket!

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Anybody watching the Fergie tribute on football focus? The best bit so far is the jacket Paul Ince was wearing on one of the old dressing room shots from the early 90's icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't he Sharpe, Giggs and Parker have competitions to see who could where the most outlandish jackets on a match day?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I know Saha's miss was bad and everything but be fair, it's the first he's missed for us I think? He's scored the rest he has taken this season.

Had an off night though, could just see as he was standing there that he was going to miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, he wasn't at his best but fact remains that he CANNOT SCORE from a one on one with the goalkeeper. We need a cool finisher.

And why doesn't Rooney take the penalties? Or Giggs?

• 3 weeks later...

How the hell is it £100 for trip to Lille (Lens tbh) its gonna be £60 Eurostar, then the train from wheverever you lot are to london plus a overnight stop in Lille/Lens as the last train back is 9pm.

Thats according to Eurstar btw

It's pathetic really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just is, getting the banner and burning it in front of their ground while recording it, it's like happy slapping for football fans.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Mancini is a striker? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. A winger/forward when Roma play 451 with Totti up by himself. Whenever I see players positions misstated in press releases I generally assume ignorance/something being lost in translation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

totti does not play up front on his own ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually happens a fair bit to be fair due to their lack of other strikers. James is right, Mancini played up front a lot last season but the vast majority of the time, as far as I've been able to gather from stuff I've read/seen this season Totti's been playing as a lone front man with a hardworking 5 man midfield that uses Mancini/Taddei on the flanks to support him.

Their other "strikers" have barely featured this season. Vucinic has started 3 and made 15 sub appearances while Tavano arrived on loan in Jan and as started 4 and come on 3 times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wouldn't have saha near the bench, doesn't deserve it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why exactly? Hardly his decision to be constantly injured. And he did play a MAJOR role in our early season form.

Smith's been injured for just as much of the season, I don't see why he 'deserves' it more... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

muscle strains aren't real injuries. Proper men are only stopped from playing by broken limbs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived