The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

Gang member 1: Whatcha doin' Mister?

Bill Foster: Nothing.

Gang member 1: Nahh, man. You're trespassing on private property.

Bill Foster: Trespassing?

Gang member 2: You're loitering too, man.

Gang member 1: That's right, you're loitering too.

Bill Foster: I didn't see any signs.

Gang member 1: [pointing at a graffiti skull] Whatcha call that?

Bill Foster: Graffiti.

Gang member 1: Nahh man, it's not ****ing graffiti. That's a sign.

Gang member 2: He can't read it man.

Gang member 1: Well then I guess I'm gonna have to read it for you. It says this is ****ing private property. No ****ing trespassing. That means ****ing you.

Bill Foster: It says all that?

Gang member 1: Yeah.

Bill Foster: Well, maybe if you wrote it in ****ing English, I would ****ing understand it.

:*************************************) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

Such a wonderful film. icon14.gif

he seems to be reported in the media as a reason so many things go tits up.

keane bust up with cq due to interfering with tactics. blamed for the formation change. blamed for rooneys doc leaving. blamed for being portuguese in the ruud/ronaldo bust up. blamed for the iraq war.

i dont really buy it tbh, there no doubt hes not the saviour we all thought he was when he returned from madrid but hes used as a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong by far too many people.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"I've said it before. Manchester United, as a club, do not panic buy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you tell 'em liam miller

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndyPolack:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Gaby as well \O/

Let's just sell everyone and play a fans' XI. We may well get relegated but at least uncle Malc's debts will be reduced :*)

Die football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark can play as the holding midfielder. Bling and Nick can rotate in goal depending on whether there's a bbq on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'd have to get all the games moved to TV for a 5:15 saturday kick-off to have a hope of getting Nick there on time.

pique's gone on loan to zaragoza

http://football.guardian.co.uk/breakingnews/feedstory/0,,-5993657,00.html

MADRID, Aug 4 (Reuters) - Real Zaragoza have taken Manchester United defender Gerard Pique on loan for the next Primera Liga season, the two clubs said on Friday.

The 19-year-old centre-back has just returned from helping Spain win the European Under-19 championships in Poland.

Pique becomes the club's fifth recruit under new coach Victor Fernandez along with Argentine midfielders Pablo Aimar and Andres D'Alessandro, and defenders Sergio Fernandez and Juanfran.

Zaragoza finished 11th in the league last season and lost to Espanyol in the final of the King's Cup.

Pique played seven times for United last season -- one full match against West Ham United and two substitute appearances in the Premier League and four domestic cup games.

Manchester United's £18.6million signing Michael Carrick will miss the start of the season after sustaining ankle ligament damage.

The England midfielder was injured during United's 1-0 win over Ajax earlier this evening.

After the match, Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It is ligament damage to the ankle.

"It is difficult to say what will happen with these things because we don´t know what his general recovery time is but it will be three weeks at least."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

You'll havr to do it all again. Gonch shouldn't have included Best, so he did his list again without him.

SHAMBLES </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, but there's an older git than you in this thread who also included him icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D4vid Beckham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

Never interested in Tevez, were offered Mascherano twice, Fergie wasn't interested both times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

too little too late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

huh icon_confused.gif

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Silvestre out for six weeks

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre will be out for six weeks with a broken foot.

The France international has not played for United since limping out of the 1-0 defeat to Arsenal a fortnight ago.

He has now been scratched from The Red Devils' plans until November after it was confirmed he had broken a metatarsal in his foot.

Silvestre's injury comes just as Gabriel Heinze returned to the United side after missing the start of the season.

Heinze is likely to keep his place for Sunday's game against Newcastle United, while Silvestre's compatriot Patrice Evra is pushing for inclusion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He'll be back icon_cool.gif

it was hot when i was there and i'd been up since 6am to get into manchester to meet some pals

not a huge fan of the indie genre so i didn't really like it

give me a head bannging rave of a place and i'll br happy

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

he's a lazy gobsh*te so clearly stats are wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go for an icon_biggrin.gif instead of an icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

did he really say "one of those nights"

i hope he realises it was one of those nights because he picked O'Shea ahead of Scholes and made extra unnecessary defensive changes for no good reason </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didn't really have a problem with the back four tbh. and even though at the time i thought it was a weird substitution, the fact that vida was the only one of that back four that played on the weekend meant that taking him off for rio at half time, was obviously a pre-match decision. np there then either.

i DO have a real problem with the decision to take off fletch for scholes. it was the arsenal game all over again in the sense that i wondered how bad exactly o'shea has to be before he's hooked (ignoring the obvious "htf does he keep getting picked?" for now icon_biggrin.gif ). it left us totally unbalanced and lacking in width. just a bizarre decision.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Scholes has been running the show all season and as good as Carrick is he just doesnt look as good next to Scholes. Hopefully he can grow though and start to take more control and hopefully learn a lot from Scholes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He only "doesnt look as good next to Scholes" in the eyes of idiots who can't see the fact that it is Carrick's presence that is helping Scholes in being as effective as he is.

Carrick is playing his role in the midfield well. And thats what we've been crying out for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vanester:

There's a programme about Ferguson in czech tv this evening. It has a sub-title 'Sir Alex Ferguson - In charge of the best-working football factory for 20 years' You see, Glazers did us no harm. Should be fun </div></BLOCKQUOTE> so it was quite rubbish. some ridiculous quotes by Poborský. the only thing I never saw/knew before was the footage of the goal that saved fergie's carreer.

btw they said Schmeichel left after disputes with Ferguson, surely that's nonsense, he announced he'd quit after the treble season right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, though a few years back they did have a dispute where Schmeichel basically walked out, but Fergie overheard him apologising to the other players when he wasn't in the dressing room, and let him off. Was in Schmeichel's book I think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I could turn up £30 for the Chelsea ticket quicker than Martin icon_biggrin.gif

Do I not still owe you some for Liverpool? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You paid £20 for it so if we allow for my sarnie and my single can of beer another £5 would cover it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

btw chaps, guess which much-loved commentator had this to say today:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Vidic, still doesn't impress for me... weak defensively" </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heh

• 2 weeks later...

Mart why have you changed your location to Taz for researcher instead of Nick?

Also on the issue of daytrippers.

I know I don't get up to nearly as many games as I'd like (much TO blame/hatred), but when I do turn up I like to think I make a vocal contribution, and while the image of a daytripper that doesn't contribute to matchday atmosphere is pretty well established or cornered by various different guises (Oriental/Scandinavian tourists, Megastore families, women in general...), I'm going to say that based on my experience yesterday you really can't tell sometimes and the regular match-going supporters in certain areas can be/are just as bad.

I say this because when I turned up yesterday the guy in the seat next to mine was this massive local guy, piercings, probably plenty of body art, an old-school scarf with every single United pin you can imagine stuck onto it. My initial thoughts - this guy must be a hardcore red. The most I heard from him all game was the odd mutter of "c'mon Ronaldo" or a sigh of annoyance when Rooney miscontrolled the ball. Hell the two kids behind me with there dad made more of a contribution.

Anyway, its not like he was the only one but there is a lethargy amoung our support in general at times thats dissapointing but other than investing in some sort of orchestrated singing campaign I'm not sure how you fix it for lower key matches.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'd like to give my congratulations to Nick for becoming Manchester United researcher, I'm sure he'll do better than that other joker icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pires could have done better than that other joker tbf.

Congrats Nick. Make Silvestre shyte, eh? icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terry Cheung:

Good point mark. Actually I immediately thought of England vs France at Euro 2004.

The similarities is that England and United don't have the players with the necessary mentality to hang on for the draw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely, and as well as mentality, it's skills as well. Again in both cases, it's teams trying to kill a game without even one destructive midfielder on the pitch. It's nonsense.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

James, I do apologise and will pay up, I promise </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oi what about me and anyone else you owe??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"We'll have a strong support behind us which we're very pleased about. The council have restricted our support in the past because the fans stand, but I watch games every week and everyone is standing." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wp fergie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The FA can confirm that tickets for The FA Cup Final between Chelsea and Manchester United at the new Wembley Stadium will be priced at £35, £60, £80 and £95.

A limited number of tickets will also be made available to the clubs at £17.50 for under-16s.

FA Chief Executive Brian Barwick said: "It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level for the first FA Cup Final at the new Wembley. We believe these are very competitive prices for what will be a historic match."

The FA Cup Final kicks off at 3pm on 19 May.

Tickets will be sold via the Chelsea and Manchester United ticket offices only - there will be no general sale. The allocations will be confirmed later this week following meetings with the two clubs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jesus christ, reasonable? Rich clubs don't mean rich fans you utter detestable arseholes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can bet that most of the tickets will be in the £60/80 price bands too ffs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I brought my dad ffs icon_biggrin.gif, I don't have a scouse bird.

woo, I move 2 weeks today YAS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Was theorising towards the end about who's bought who. Still bringing your dad is bad enough icon_biggrin.gif

Hey dad want to come and meet these mates of mine I found off the internet? They're not kiddy fiddlers honest.

Archived