The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reds reject Ruud bid

United have rejected a bid from Real Madrid for Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The 29-year-old forward has been strongly linked with the La Liga giants since admitting that he wants to leave Old Trafford after five years in England.

Speaking after United's pre-season win over Kaizer Chiefs, Sir Alex Ferguson revealed: "We have received a bid for Ruud van Nistelrooy from Real Madrid, which we have refused.

"As it stands, Ruud van Nistelrooy remains a Manchester United player."

erm

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

In the most stylishly effortless way possible. Passers-by were applauding and everything.

Nah, Keith in the lake blatantly the highlight </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

does any one else have any lumps on them??€

gotm them all over mostly legs mind

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Long wait, tho. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Expecting to get flamed for that comment tbh

Realised how stupid it was after I posted icon15.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ok I feel like a futile night discussion.

If we had to sell 5 first team squad members, who would they be and why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. VDS - Great keeper and all that but plenty of back up now

2. Silvestre - Any reason needed apart from 1 million left backs in the squad and he's pap

3. O'Shea - As has been mentioned, not Man Utd class

4. Miller - Does he count as First team squad member?

5. Smith - Getting hard to sell players now and personally think that a better striker would be a better option than him

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hell Hath No Fury:

we can't waste arsenal's eboue/gallas/toure/chasm lineup by playing fletch right at the weekend.

has to be ronaldo on the right with A. N. Other on the left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah. Fletcher playing >>>>>>>>>>>>> Richardson even being within 10 miles of the pitch

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

it may well be a last minute decision on whether i go or not as i'll have to drive down.

Note: No fecker is having a lift home as i'll be parking where the bus would park so i can get away on time as i'm working monday morning </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably best you stay in Scotland then. Don't want you rushing home for work.

Yo ucould always tell us to **** off when we ask for a lift home btw :D It's not like it's difficult for us to get the tram. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

true nick could do with the exercise walking home and it would prevent you vandalising the car

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

wtf is a patsy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fall guy. Just a mere pawn in Zero 7's fiendish scheme.

I wouldn't get too smug if I were RCJUK either. This isn't over. We're through the looking glass here, people...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

don't look at me, i didn't vote hfor him as user of the year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's only because you couldn't spell 'mark' though icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

silent h's are a valid prefix himo

We were great again yesterday. So nice to see us playing the Manchester United way again of going out to score goals rather than going out to keep a clean sheet without the personel to do it.

MoM: Gary Neville, thought he was great and the bugger should have scored.

2nd: Scholes. The lad makes us tick.

Mentions to the rest of the starting XI.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Man, I'd love to know who grassed me up at Liverpool, utter pathetic waste of air. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blatantly Keith.

• 3 weeks later...

let's not get carried away.

they are forging a great partnership and will hopefully continue to do so for a long time

but as it stands Vidic has only been in the side and playing well for what, maybe, 25 games?

Rio has been strong, consistent and on many occasions a match-winner for us over years now.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching a very stop start stream at best but from what i saw it seems its another game where our only threat is Ronaldo.

I dont know why but whats happened to the starts where we went all out at 100mph for the first 20 mins and blew teams away? Now we just stroll about, do **** all and get **** all for it.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

No chance, he'll sell it to someone who has got us previous aways/done favours for, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aw icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

just reading that Wes is out tomorrow with a virus. please god let Vida be back, the alternative doesn't bear thinking about icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he was in better form, there might have been more of a chance of seeing Heinze at CB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

assuming Agbonlahor plays, i think i'd take Mickey over even an on-form Gaby purely because of his pace.

although saying that, either Agbonlahor is a bit knackered or his pace has been hyped to high heaven because not only did Paddy outpace him a couple of times last week, he was also matched for pace by that reknowned speedster Darren Fletcher :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Bale for £8mill? Any official confirmation on that as yet or are we still riding the speculation train?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The latter, the Sunday Mirror claims it is done but yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sheer Class:

Funnily enough I would take a draw to get you back to our place... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is, no disrespect to Portsmouth but the biggest fear I have in these sorts of games is what Fergie will do with the team. He's generally been better recently but there's always the chance that he'll shuffle the team about and play the likes of Richardson and O'Shea. We'll see I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Not everyone is slitting their wrists tbf Nick, I think it's fair enough that people want to criticise the performance tonight, which wasn't good on the whole. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nowhere have i said the performance doesn't merit criticism. it's the baby out with the bathwater b*llocks that's ridiculous, not to mention the 'you're a giddy twat' talk if you refuse to join in with it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

he did well battling with ferrira, then fergie stuck him on the other side for some reason icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah, I noticed that. baffling.

and yes gregg, christiano's only 22 (iirc) and still young. I was meant to put that in my first post. so it's all good for your lot, really.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

For all gartside's talk of Anelka "going nowhere", rumour is they're looking at getting Cisse in as a replacement, possibly on loan, in case he buggers off to a CL team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're trying to get Cisse on the cheap though, which I can't really see the scousers going for given their stated stance towards Marseilles. I'm pretty sure he'll stay there tbh.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They want him on loan, and he wants to leave France either for Spain or to come back to England, according to rumours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iirc Liverpool have basically said to Marseilles (who also want him on loan) that they need to pay up for him, and that he's not going to be 'lent' for another year. So I can't see why they'd accept a loan offer from Bolton but not from Marseilles, especially because Bolton could theoretically be seen as a rival to the scouse.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by THC_lean:

Gonch you complete tool,name me a striker who's English and a better goalscoring threat internationally than Owen then? Or did you misread what I wrote? Just getting back from your lobotomy are you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a wise man told me dont argue with fools, cos people from a distance can't tell who's who.

(and fwiw, this isnt an england thread moron)

Archived