The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

And the nature of premiership football is such that there is very little chance of what you suggest happening, so the rivalries remain more constant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true, but bizarre things happen in FM. I've seen Liverpool and Arsenal relegated for example, so it can happen in that world, even if it's unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future irl </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the researchers (well some of us anyway) are stuck between putting realistic data in there to add to the games realism, against not being able to predict any oddities a long running FM game might throw up.

and all we get is grief and a free game icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well yeah, but like we said earlier, in theory if the researchers have done their jobs, clubs should be at around the right level and thus the game should create the right 'temporary' rivalries, giving the required realism.

I'd happily do it for free icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Hate Alex Ferguson - No

2. Hate Carlos Queiroz - DIE

3. Hate David Gill - 2 faced lying ****, also can die

4. Hate the Glazers - 3rd stroke lucky icon14.gif

5. Hate Rio Ferdinand - I'd love to punch him, over and over and over

6. Hate Darren Fletcher - meh, not good enough, don't hate him though

7. Hate 90% of their fellow Utd fans - naw, some yeah but not 90%

8. Hate scousers but see no discrepancy between this and 9) - what do you think?!

9. Love Wayne Rooney - wriffffffffb icon_cool.gif

10. Love Ruud (despite him being a slapped arse, past-it LIAR who's been looking for a move with years) - nope, for the reasons above really

11. Once loved but now hate Ronaldo. - whiney little bastard if it's true

12. Love Paul Scholes - ofc, a model professional

13. Love Brian Kidd - he fecked up Leeds United, he's awesome

14. Love Ole - ofc

15. Love Heinze - Gaby :*********)

16. Hate Richardson - damned right I do, the nonce

17. Think Gregg Carter should be banned from this thread? - christ yeah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

you'd still amble onto the pitch about 25 minutes into the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Out of breath pretending he had rushed once he realised he was late. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phfft, as if I ever rush (or even pretend to) for anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Lippi resigning as Italy coach \O/

SAVE US MARCELLO icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so desperate :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saha: (much earlier…)

I don't think Jol's thinking that, no. Fair point in the first paragraph, but would it be worth us stagnating (assuming we don't bring anyone else in) just because there's a chance another team could also improve (when they've already improved through Zokora anyway)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Saha: (still earlier, just not as much…)

I'm worried, Jimlad hasn't replied to my post yet.

He's either off watching Buffy or writing a really long essay to tell me whatfor. Christ I hope it's the first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its okay dude, you can stop fretting.

I actually had some uni work to deal with before going to play football (after which watched VM with Joss guest starring – yes, much coolness) & the stagnation thing is a fair concern so it’s not worth me taking you to town because you disagree with me on the random inner workings of Martin Jol’s mind.

I guess its just that the more I’ve thought about not signing anyone in the past few days the less I’ve actually minded. Now obviously I’m not advocating that course of action but in some ways I think it’d kinda be an interesting sink-or-swim test of three things:

• The clubs buying policy over the past few years for those commonly regarded to have failed.

• The youth system; do we have the balls to allow certain youngsters to grab a seat at the first-team table and allow others who are already there a further full-season chance to develop?

• If Fergie is able to marshal markedly limited resources at his disposal player wise and keep us competitive.

The third one would only be an offshoot of the other two obviously, and in such a scenario it would allow everyone to see if SAF can still cut the mustard without the opportunity to invest at the levels he has done regularly since the late 90s.

Without making any signings (bar perhaps, in an effort to be fair, balancing the departure of key players with the same number coming in, i.e. RvN & Ron for two other players), we’d perhaps see the full extent to which the club is actually stagnating under Fergie’s leadership and/or where our squad is really at.

Its not going to happen anyway, but the hypothetical has been bouncing about for a day or two so thought I should qualify the not so worried perspective espoused above.

Really liking the new site design btw. It actually looks professional. Might be a good template for a United FM skin actually…

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Who were we signing today? I forget. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supposedly Torres, Mascherano and Cambiassio.

Or maybe simply that Miller, JOS and Silvestre had signed a new 5 yr contract.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the cheek of Madrid - "we're going to offer you €2m less than the offer from Bayern Munich that you rejected, and that's our final offer". Would rather Ruud went to Bayern anyway.

Fergie so deluded icon_frown.gif

And I have no idea what the hell is going on in here atm

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anti Glazer Action

editor@fightforunited.com

Sunday 20th August 2006

Meeting point Bishop Blaize 2.15pm-2.30pm latest.

FFUC are requesting all anti glazer supporters to turn out.

Further details will be given out at meeting point.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email I got last night. Erm, do you think someone ought to tell them what time the game kicks off today?

Every team in the league must be confident of scoring goals against us when they see O'Shea and Silvestre in our defence. icon_frown.gif

And on another point, it's good to see Fergie ranting and raving on the touchline. Good to see he still has that temper. icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

My mother saying it's only a game when she looked in on us with 2/3 minutes left of the CL Final was nearly enough to divorce her. She has Teddy and Ole to thank for still having a son.

Ofc if you ask her, that 'thank' may well be swapped for 'curse' :/

• 4 weeks later...

Silvestre-loving is not cool Matthew icon13.gif

Harsh on Mickey but hardly much of a blow. If anyone not bizarrely in love with the kidney-headed one had to pick one member of the squad to be struck down by injury and O'Shea/Richardson weren't valid options, I think we'd have all chosen ol' Easter Island Head :*(

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Oh you're pushing your luck now. does he want dinner as well? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have seen the crap you eat tbh.

The spot will be empty anyway cos Keith is at home in Scotland.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

I thought Evra was at fault for their goal personally. They had it on the wing & Evra back off & backed off despite two other players behind him who could have stepped in had he been beaten by the player.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh there shouldn't have been two players behind him with Nelson completely free.

But at the same time with that level of protection Evra had to commit himself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

I hope we give Rooney a good rest when we get Rossi back and Larsson can play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that or drop him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Oxford bring in Man Utd teenager

Oxford United have signed Manchester United midfielder Danny Rose on loan, reports BBC Radio Oxford.

The 19-year-old has been recommended to Oxford boss Jim Smith by Sir Alex Ferguson and moves initially for a month, but that could be extended.

Rose said: "I'm definitely excited because it's my first loan move.

"I'm looking to gain as much experience as I can in the lower leagues, and looking forward to working with Jim Smith and the rest of the players." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

another one off the wage bill for a few weeks, wp malc

not a player who's ever going to make it with us, useful experience for him in terms of forging a career in the lower leagues though, especially as (unlike most of our loanees) he's going into a side that are playing well and pushing for promotion.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

News footage from after the CL final </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was a pretty interesting video.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

:***********)

Going into school that day with my Utd top along with every other Utd fan and the teachers not doing anything.

Such an awesome parade as well. I was halfway down Deansgate and don't know if I've ever experienced anything quite so awesome.

Driving home afterwards, as far away as Stockport people were honking their horns when they saw the Utd scarf hanging out of our window icon_cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

hannigan = dushku > benson > la morte > gellar = caulfield > carpenter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Acker > Dushku = Benz > SMG > Hannigan > Caulfield > Carpenter = McNab > Romanov = La Morte > Benson > Kramer

Just a question with people willing to pay crazy amounts for a ticket to the FA Cup final at the moment.

At what point does touting your ticket become acceptable? When someone is offering enough. If people were selling their tickets for £80 for a normal league match I'm sure that people would be taking quite a different view to it that they are at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

nah, i think Lee was about to shoot, he was certainly about to get into the area so it was a case of acting then and there or probably letting him shoot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know we've done this one before, but i'm with Alex. If i was the chasing player there, i'd have been happy for Lee to shoot from that range under pressure, and he couldn't wait any longer at the rate he was being caught.

Archived