The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

What's happening on July 14th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"My daddy is coming home

on July 14th.

My birthday

is July 14th.

I'm going see my daddy for the first

time ever on July 14th."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Someone on the Sanctuary is trying to convince me Richardson is a better left-back than Gaby. Why am I responding? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is their line of arguement? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Strange that Fletch is wearing 7 and yet Ole has his usual 20... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they have tour squad numbers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's only 18 players on the tour, so using 20 would be strange if that were the case.

Looks like the senior players are wearing their long-term squad numbers (although I'm not watching, so I've no idea if Scholes is 18, JOS 22 etc) and the rest are wearing suitable numbers between 1-11. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Senior players have their number and the rest other numbers.

Foster 1

Bardsley 2

O'Shea 5

Brown 4?

Evra 3

Fletcher 7

Scholes 18

Giggs 11

Richardson 8

Rossi 9

Ole 20

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by qwerty2k:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Javier and Tevez </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

would cream my pants if we signed either of them two tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Assuming he doesn't mean Javier Zanetti ofc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

so assuming none of the current injured players (bar o'shea who just had a dead leg) make it in time for fulham, and scholes and rooneys bans are upheld who do you think we will/should play?

could look something like:

van der sar

bardsley

brown

o'shea

evra

park

giggs

senna (?) - if not fletcher

ronaldo

rossi

saha </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On pre season form (even thought he's only had 2 games) i'd put Richardson in ahead of Park. But then again I'd put Martin in ahead of both of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joe_cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I think Chelsea are the worst, I mean when they broguth John Terry into the first team, straw clutching like that is just going to lead them to oblivion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you on about?? Seriously.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you're slagging Fergie off for talking up our youngsters without knowing anything about them yourself, as if you think that it's impossible for youngsters to make it at a big club or something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Carlos Queiroz has been linked with the vacant manager's position at Porto.

According to reports in Portugal, Manchester United's assistant manager is one of the main candidates to succeed Co Adriaanse at Porto.

Queiroz is a well respected figure at Old Trafford, but has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for €1.8 million (£1.2 million) and The Red Devils could be tempted to cash in.

Porto are currently on tour in England, and speculation suggests that club bosses will seek out Queiroz for talks.

"We intend to resolve the situation by the weekend," said president Pinto da Silva.

Adriaanse resigned this week after just one year at the helm due to "a breakdown in confidence between him and the club's board."

Apart from Queiroz, former Argentina boss Jose Pekerman and Spaniard Jose Antonio Camacho are also believed to in the running to replace Adriaanse. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T!mbo:

I can't find a Liam Miller highlights video anywhere.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you surprised.

Was depressed with transfer rumours so decided to watch some clips on youtube.

All the goals from one of the greatest CL group matchups?

What a comeback :*)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Aurelio looks good with the ball, not so clever without it. He needs to sort his concentration levels out first and get the defensive side of his game up to scratch before he can be called a quality left back.

If we are comparing the two teams left backs though I would say Heinze is better than anything we have defensively, but Riise is the best attacking left back of the lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think that's a pretty fair assessment tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

richardson was far worse than o'shea fwiw </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

for sure, anonymous > embarrassing

richardson was bad even by his standards

• 2 weeks later...

Plus I actually thought after Scholes he was possibly our next best player. More than once made crucial tackles/blocks/challenges of any kind in dangerous situations created by awful defending across the rest of the side.

Didn't get forward as much as he usually does but then again there was no attacking threat to our side at all

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

Anyone feel like posting one of our quasi-regular updates charting the progress of our loanees?

From MOTD last night Rossi looked bright and was unlucky not to get on the scoresheet & T-Ho's been doing very well for the Toffee's it seems. Foster looked good against Spurs as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simpson, Evans, Gibson, Mamam, Campbell and Dong all played for Antwerp as they won 2-0 away at Virton - Gibson lasted an hour as he continues his comeback from injury, Campbell played 65 minutes, Mamam came off in injury time.

Quite an impressive win for them, they went down to ten men before half-time, and then down to nine men around the hour mark. Dong got the clinching second goal, Evans played a blinder as they hung on apparently.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so in summary

Fergie - grade A tw*t for starting with some kind of 451 and Rooney on the wing AGAIN. what the effing hell is wrong with you.

Vidic - HERO

Finished top like we should have done but made it as painful as possible getting there. Great icon14.gif

draw Madrid next round, us to qualify, Ruud to score loads kthx

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> EVANS AGREES BLACK CATS SWITCH

Posted 29/12/06 15:08

Manchester United defender Jonny Evans will join Sunderland next week after agreeing a loan deal.

And the 19-year-old could line-up alongside Old Trafford team-mate Phil Bardsley after the pair held talks this week with a view to playing a part in the Black Cats' push for promotion back to the Barclays Premiership.

Evans, who will spend the rest of the season on Wearside, is expected to be in the crowd at the Stadium of Light for Saturday's Coca-Cola Championship clash with high-flying Preston after manager Roy Keane discussed the move with former boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Keane said: "Phil Bardsley came up here on Wednesday, had a look around and we had a good chat.

"He is having a few days to think things over and hopefully he will come back with a positive answer.

"Jonny looks a done deal. I spoke with the manager at United and Jonny's agent yesterday. He will come here next week and is hoping to be at the game tomorrow.

"I am absolutely delighted with that because he will be a top player.

"He is young, hungry and he is a tough lad. I have seen him play enough times.

"People might not know a lot about him, but I know enough to know he will add something to our team and our squad.

"I think it is of great benefit to the player because if he is trying to make a career at Manchester United, Sunderland is a great opportunity for him to come and play.

"He is a centre-half who can also play at full-back, but I probably see him more as a centre-half."

Northern Ireland international Evans has been on loan at United's Belgian feeder club Royal Antwerp this season, following in the footsteps of 21-year-old right-back Bardsley.

The older man has made 17 senior appearances for Ferguson's side and has had loan spells at Antwerp, Burnley and Rangers.

Keane told the club's official website, www.safc.com: "Bardo played here last year in the Premiership with United.

"Things have not gone too well for him at Rangers. He had a fall-out with the manager there - hopefully that is the last of his fall-outs with managers.

"I have trained and played with Bardo enough times and it is a great chance for him to come here and help us try to get back in the Premiership." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

SWP basically a rich man's homo hair.

kick ahead... run fast... kick ahead... run fast... kick ahead... lose possession. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No-one deserves that comparison.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by skybluedave:

First Viana now Figo. Everyone seems to be telling Ronaldo where to go. Seems silly. Can't see why he can't achieve majority of what a top play craves at Man Yoo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

What Figo said

"Cristiano Ronaldo is the Portuguese player with the best future in the European market," Figo stated.

"He could go very far, but he will have to pay attention to the club he chooses to play for.

"In individual terms I think Cristiano could win every title going because he has the quality to do so. But equally I think it depends on the club where he is at to live up to his standards."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah, we shouldn't get carried away with Keane, he's only been in the job for a few months and has had money to spend. Even so, he's taken what was a huge mess and seemingly turned it round. Next season will be interesting, how will he deal with a team (probably) struggling in the EPL or picking up the pieces if they don't get up.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nistelrooy_uk_10:

best thing about fletchers performance was in the 85th minute, he was still hunting down the ball and closing down the roma players as if it was 1st minute.

fletcher >>>>> hargreaves tbh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah him, Evra and Brown were the only three who kept going right until the last minute, except everytime Ronaldo got the ball and went on a search for a hattrick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I couldn't get through on the TO phone line again earlier due to 'high call volumes'. SHOCKER

what really gets to me is that it's a f**king automated line, there's no issue with hiring enough people to man the phones, its simply a sh*t service. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're all serving people, just queued for half an hour for tickets for tonight icon_mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

They are senior players, this is what their 3rd Champions League campaign?

Hardly virgins.

Again, when we needed a performance (that wasn't against Bolton or Spurs) where the f**k were they? Giggs was appalling (no suprise), Scholes played his heart out but was let down by others, Carrick may as well stayed in Manchester and Fletcher was beyond anonymous who else was left? The defence?

And all those (bar Giggs who was worse) had a bigger responsibility than R & R?

OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

3rd Champions League campaign icon_biggrin.gif how many did Keane have before '99? ffs, if Ronaldo and Rooney are senior players then who are the junior ones? O'Shea has had more champions league campaigns than them, so has Brown, and VDS, and Giggs, and Heinze, and Scholes. It's Carrick's first but that's about it.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Congrats to Nick on his long awaited employment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

eh? who's took him on? icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived