The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

Buy Podolski ffs icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Klose!

Podolski's gone to Bayern anyway this summer.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great a 30 year old midfielder who looked off the pace during his last season in England, and a 33yr old who will retire in a couple of years. icon_rolleyes.gif I don't know what's worse the papers speculating those names with us, or the fact Fergie could well sign both of them icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

martin - do you reckon you could get me a fulham ticket at fairly short notice? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Juni:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone know where BBB got the £8m up front with £6m add-ons breakdown and how close it is to being legit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you all one guess, it's all you need. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Cue one wrong guess*

RI?

Basically Ali,

Vidic, Heinze and Neville have WC injuries, Saha, Ronaldo and Silvestre aren't fit yet, Rio injured his ankle in the warmup in Amsterdam, O'Shea injured himself and got a dead leg, so should recover, Carrick injured his ankle, Rooney and Scholes were sent off and Pique has gone on loan. So we're looking at a back four of Evra - O'Shea - Wes - Bardsley.

Take a deep breath and...yeah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

After waking up I just read the pages since I left for Amsterdam. It's only slightly more optimistic than the first 100 icon_frown.gif

Sleeping for 24 hours is so very awesome \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was awake for 40 hours straight, then slept for 10. Feel surprisingly good \O/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbo22:

I see young Lee Martin has signed for us (Rangers) on loan for the season, whats your thoughts on him lads?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hugely promising. Not sure he was originally considered a serious contender to break through even after doing well in our reserves, but went on loan to Antwerp last season and won their player of the year award, and has come back this pre-season and been quality.

He's not the most lightning quick winger you'll find but he's very tricky, loves to run at people and his crossing is probably his best asset. Prepared to do his share of tracking back etc as well. Look after him icon14.gif

i wish fergie had decided he wanted hargreaves when we still had ruud, then we would have more of a leverage in the deal. we could have swapped ruud for OH (although that does sound a terrible deal, but not when ruud went for 10.3m anyway).

so we would have had a midfielder and real wouldnt have got an awesome striker.

instead, real have an awesome striker and we are having to spend 13-15m on hargreves probably.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Look Rooney got a hat-trick today and has been getting better by the day but please dont go the Press route of "If thats Rooney in poor form then i'd hate to see him in good form" because he was abysmal when he came back from suspension. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i totally agree with you .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Boooooooooooooooooooulah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the same Boooooooooooooooooooulah that Robbie Keane made a berk of? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At right back. Boulah's not a right back. When he's in the middle he's much much better.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

hey gonch, might have villa away too \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

awesome mate, ive never been. so looking forward to that, meant to be a top away icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What club is he on about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The article (and rumours at the time), suggest Real, but I don't know for certain.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Any linkage to the goals? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmCqcSNwrxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y-rsCDHsiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8Ure-MLdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAipgt1nzvk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For Phil Jones.

• 2 weeks later...

sounds very promising. much as i'm loathe to see players moved out of position, it's arguable that playing in the holding role negates Pique's main weakness while still playing to his strengths.

btw, not seen anything on any of the media outlets yet but the talk is that Vidic is out tomorrow with a hamstring injury icon_frown.gif

if true, reckon that gives us a team tomorrow a bit like:

kuszczak

brown

ferdinand

silvestre

heinze

?????

?????

?????

?????

larsson

solskjaer

left the midfield blank because lord knows what fergie's going to do there. fletcher right, richardson left, carrick and o'shea in the middle maybe? can't see giggs and scholes being involved.

bench maybe of heaton, simpson, evra, ronaldo and rooney - the last two more out of necessity than anything, who else is there in terms of attacking options? maybe lee martin, maybe smudger - you struggle for names after that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

So when do we get to see Dong Fangzhuo?

Have you actually properly recalled him yet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's in manchester but he's got a back injury atm

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Ole put some effort in though, he's just clearly not up to it pacewise anymore, but he tried. Saha just looked disinterested. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i thought you liked that in your strikers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ooooooooooh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll let that one go. This time icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Talking of the 99 side Berg was brilliant. I'll always remember that clearence against Inter milan, pure magic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was my Silvestre of the day icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But he was good icon_confused.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

a reserve goalie behind them (had his best game for us I felt) who hasn't had much chance to play with them so obviously we weren't going to be rock solid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you only think that because he had literally nothing to do. there wasn't one cross he had to catch/punch, dodgy backpass to clear or real save to make

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

CHAMPIONS relates to winning the league, change it you jcl scummer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen a differant one of Rooney modelling. Its pretty similar to last seasons except for the AIG logo being a mre rounded one instead of the square. Where's the pic of that which was going around last week icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

whats with the exodus (well mika and beatty anyway) from the thread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We thought we'd got rid of the deadwood, but it appears they all keep coming back, Richard.

Archived