The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

Is it James M who is getting a (bit of) a season ticket out of me if he does. Or is it another james?

And he still hasn't bothered to tell me how much they cost icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's me icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give you £100 towards one then icon14.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

See the Christiano hate has kicked up a gear.

Utterly pathetic. Real Madrid couldn't have hoped for a better reaction from our "fans".

Get behind the lad, I really hope he's with us next season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

get behind the lad? yeah, he's shown that he really cares about his teammates, and that can only be good for team morale icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think there are many strikers that will get goals week in week out like ruud.

but players like torres and defoe do offer something different that we dont normally go for (quick strikers). a striker like ruud is most useful with decent wingers, of which we have 1. and he may be off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

"Llega al Real Madrid tras una etapa triunfal en Manchester. Con cientos de goles a sus espaldas, Ruud Van Nistelrooy se convierte en el primer fichaje de la ’era Capello’. ‘Van The Man’ llega al Bernabéu para hacer lo que mejor sabe, marcar goles."

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He’s coming to Real Madrid alter a glorious era at Manchester. With hundred of goals scored. Ruud Van Nistelrooy is the first sign of the “Capello eraâ€. ‘Van The Man’ is at Bernabeu to do what he knows, score goals

Not the best translation ever tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LutonNil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rsl:

Smith up front should work, he will run his socks off. Him, Rooney, Saha, Ole, Rossi is qg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 strikers icon14.gif

0 midfielders icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NEWSFLASH!!

Fergie reveals new 5-0-5 formation

"works on FM2006" claims the veteran alzheimers patient icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

My Dad has narcolepsy, the disease where you randomly fall asleep. That's pretty much the most interesting thing about him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's probably just sick of hearing about how good John O'Shea is.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

pretty much twins then tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was born at 23:56, so 4mins later and I'd have been a year lower at school etc, and sharing a birthday with you. icon_biggrin.gif

Can just imagine Malcolm/Fergie sitting down for a bit of cheese and a glass of wine...

"We don’t owe you a living. You are someone who has a proven track record of making mainly bad signings."

"Tha – that’s – that’s b*llocks, but carry on."

"It’s not b*llocks. Your signings were appalling. The performances were a ninth of what we could have expected, they started badly, they got worse…"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

The view seems to be that he's a Rooney not a Ruud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

who is ruud?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Manchester United duo Park Ji-Sung and Mikael Silvestre have signed new deals at Old Trafford.

Silvestre has signed a new deal to keep at United until 2009, while Park has been rewarded with a deal until 2010.

The news of Silvestre's contract extension comes as something of a surprise as the Frenchman has been heavily linked with a move away from United.

United revealed earlier this year they would listen to offers for Silvestre following the January arrivals of Patrice Evra and Nemanja Vidic.

Silvestre took the challenge on board and fought for his place in United's starting XI.

Park impressed during his debut season at United helping them win the Carling Cup and finish second in The Premiership.

The South Korean international has established himself as a key member of Sir Alex Ferguson's side and he was keen to tie him down to a new long-term deal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Any one going Southend Tuesday?

Can give any southern Reds a lift if they need it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im going yeh. where do you live

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razzler:

Evra unsettled

Bit of a nothing story but there you go </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't there a similar story some weeks ago where he went on to say he's settled now?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not been on here for a couple of days (got an xbox 360 icon_cool.gif) , so just read the last couple of pages , the jist of them seems to be :

Renee icon14.gif

Rossi icon13.gif

On the Rossi subject, I agree like the majority of you he does need to go on loan again, just to gain some first team experience (Newcastle was a complete waste of time for the lad). Just not sure if shoving an 18 year old into the starting lineup of a struggling, second from bottom Serie A side in Parma is going to benefit him , even if he doesnt end up staying with us. I mean its obvious the kid has talent but hasnt been given the stage to prove it. Mon Beppe being the saviour for Parma and coming back next season to us.

Add to this the fact that Henke is going back to Helsingborgs at the agreed return date and this leaves me thinking that either A) fergie has a complete lack of confidence in our kids or more than likely B) Another example of Uncle Malcum not wanting anyone who isnt needed on the clubs wage bill.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think that's the key thing really - form and personnel. For so long we were playing such scintillating stuff that I'd back us against any team in the world. And with our strongest XI, we'd turn most people over even if we weren't on fire. It's when we're a touch out of form and are playing Rooney up front on his own with John O'Shea in midfield and TK in goal that we start to look hugely vulnerable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Just watching the Final Word on Skysport1, Andy Gray trying to say England can play Rooney up top by himself and Lennon, Gerrard and one other can do what our front 4 did yesterday against Bolton. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For that they need to get Lampard out of the team first.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After spending the past 40 odd hours digesting that result. All I can say is maybe we can learn a lot from Milan. Get a 'Gattuso' to play alongside Scholes or Carrick, have Rooney do the Kaka role, Ronnie the Seedorf role, Fletch or Gibson doing the Ambrosini role (have no idea what that role is tbh) Nev and Evra at full back. Just need that Gattuso Enforcer and Striker to make those runs off the shoulder of a defender, then actually be attacking in Europe like we are in the Premiership, and that 3rd trophy is not too far away

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The takeover. Got to say i'm all for anyone who does it without loads of stupid debt that puts the club in trouble and will invest in the club/squad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs

• 3 weeks later...

Archived