The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

another day, another couple of pages I can't be arsed to read. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whs icon_biggrin.gif

I just picked up the last couple of posts

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Seriosuly, what?

I was sticking up for Sissoko a couple of pages ago when people were slagging him off but he's still a fair way from being in the Carrick class - admittedly he has the potential to be as good, if not better, but at the current time I don't think it's even that close...

Apart from physically is there anything Sissoko is better at? Possibly tackling but even then I'm not sure - Carrick is more composed, better positional play, more experienced, more creative, far far far better passer...

And all this coming from a Sissoko fan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Momo is simply a machine. OK, say he's not "the best" tackler in the world (although what was his tackles won percentage? It's in the right sort of ballpark to be considered very good and when you consider the sheer amount of tackles he makes, the sheer amount of miles he runs (which iirc is about 50%+ more then most) you've obviously got an incredibly useful player.

Does he give the ball away? Does his control let him down sometimes? Yes - but it's not anywhere near as bad as some would have you belive. His passing is ok, yeah; it's nothing special, but when all he has to do is pass the ball 5 metres to Alonso or Gerrard, you can forgive him for not having to work too hard on perfecting his own passing icon_biggrin.gif

Overall, Carrick is a lot more cultured and composed. Man Utd wanted more steel in midfield? Sissoko is Mittal.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And no matter how much people hate Liverpool, they have improved their squad from last season, it's pretty undeniable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah i was just having a rant thats all, So are you guys resigning yourselfs to look for a disapointing place next season? Who cares if liverpool have bought players? We need a striker and one more mid but we had a rubbish replacements for our injury hit squad last season and we finished second now we got a little bit more back i reckon we wont finish under third.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

I'm in shock that there was no !! in PJ's post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in shock i am payoing for your cup tickets................................................NOT </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry Keith. I'm reliably informed Mart has taken a painting & decorating job on the side to pay you off.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daaaaave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Umney:

KJH to sign in January? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, please start getting your hopes up for january now :*) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hope is all we have left icon_frown.gif

Would say at least we didn't sign Kujit, but even he would have been a blessing today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Left-back: Chelsea > United = Arsenal > Liverpool </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Nick but Aurelio and Riise are level with Arsenal's LB's. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aurelio has been absolutely awful so far from what i've seen of him.

please daaaaave, compare the squads. do it in here too, because i refuse to go into the dipper thread.

what? are we talking about the same aurelio here? has he played some blinders since signing for the dippers that no-one else has seen?

the two performances i've seen from him so far were extremely silvestre-esque (i.e. solid enough but some horrendous lapses in concentration seemingly out of nowhere). he cost the scouse two points against the blades for a start with a such a basic marking error that if it were made by silvestre we'd still be going on about it...

i know it's only the two games i've seen him in, but he has looked awful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Fletcher was an improvement over Carrick today.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought Carrick did rather well today.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Keith it's not hard to find a pub showing it.

I don't even know why you aren't coming seeing as you have a season ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is with in walking distanvce as i cannae be arsed to get a cab and its not good to drink and drive.

As for not going Mart wanted it, he did offer to get another though. I never left work till near 4pm any way so i'd of had to drive down which i couldn't be arsed with.

Driving down for Arsenal too and shockingly martin is paying for the cinema tickets saturday night </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Such a <STRIKE>cute</STRIKE> gay couple icon_smile.gif

He's buying you cinema tickets, you're staying over.... Come on just announce it already icon_biggrin.gif

Oh & those are feeble excuses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

les feeble than your ones for not getting a ST tbf

i dont have the funds at the moment to drive down any way

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Fletch soooooooooooooooo overated.

Really, what has he done that say Djemba or Kleb didn't do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back off Kleberson icon_mad.gif

Oh & to answer your question he scored against Chelsea.

• 1 month later...

Carrick is suffering from the fact hes next to Scholes who really has been a world class player who has seen and done it all and is in some super form.

Scholes has been running the show all season and as good as Carrick is he just doesnt look as good next to Scholes. Hopefully he can grow though and start to take more control and hopefully learn a lot from Scholes.

And with Sheff utd up next i hope Fergie doesnt go the usual route of resting people and seeing us fall short as usual. We have Celtic and Chelsea after that game and it would be typical Fergie to rest people for Sheff utd when i feel we need to stick with this same 11 and keep the form and performances going for the Chelsea game.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

i think i love patrice tbh. probably go weak at the knees if i hear him talk in a no doubt sexy french accent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like that?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

ofc you cant do outside work at your proper job ffs. you love the blag keefio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try reading it icon_wink.gif

Open Uni work is hardly outside work, it is perfectly feasible to have time off from normal work to do educational work there are several horny young ladies doing college courses were i work.

They even ask for my help for certain projects

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much in agreement with Ali about Fletcher. Whilst he has improved massively in the past couple of years into a useful quite good player, he lacks the technical ability that you want from someone playing in the Scholes role.

• 2 weeks later...

its a 78k stadium

if east tier 2 holds 12k say there would be 66k seats left for us

normally league away fans get the little section which would hold 4-5k i guess which would leave 73-74k seats left

64k ST's (inc proper ST's, execs and one year ST's i assume) still leaves 9-10k seats for general sale

• 3 weeks later...

Ronaldo was alright in patches, Vidic was pretty immense in a wasn't-really-that-tested way (although got sloppy like the other defenders did late on), Fletch played some excellent passes.... no-one else really worthy of mention tbh. i'm sure Fergie will get the usual flak for fielding a weakened team, but simple fact is the side he picked created more than enough chances to win that game and the old man can't get on the pitch and finish those off himself.

annoyed we have to go to a replay but football works in funny ways, might not be in the end of the world. fwiw i'd pick a similar team again at the madejski anyway, important game either side of it. if another game is what it takes to get lazy louis back into something like his early season form then it might be beneficial.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

park ifb

i loved it when he was warming up and started clapping to the fans as we sung his name on saturday, such a prince :***) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He knows his song then? icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yep icon_cool.gif

wonder what he thinks of it though :/

in fairness there was a guy at my school from south korea and he ate dogs so i dont think its too bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

excatly, its factual just like singing about the scouse eating/being vermin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wonder if Park actually eats dogs, someone ask him while getting his autograph, I nominate Nick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tony Sylva

"Giggs is very intelligent, but I am not happy with the way he scored his goal at all. Football is a sport and it is necessary to play a clean game, to play without tricks. Giggs didn't do this. If you analyse the rules, I believe that the goal should have been cancelled and that Giggs should have received a yellow card. We are still furious with the referee that night and with the players of Manchester United. The English claim they are the kings of fair play but that night they demonstrated they are experts in anti- sporting behaviour. The final score was totally unjust and United did not deserve the victory." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wanting giggsy carded icon_biggrin.gif

• 1 month later...

IF we reach the final (and that's a big if), from a purely clinical point of view I'd much rather face Liverpool than Chelsea.

Of course there would be so much baggage and tension and losing does not even bear thinking about, but I'd bet that we're more likely to beat Liverpool than Chelsea. Also Tyldsley would probably implode in a sea of mangled hyperbole. I could imagine his start being something very similar to:

"Now who remembers that night in Barcelona and that night in Istanbul? Well in a few years I've got a feeling you might just be talking about that night in Athens. The two red giants of European football collide tonight in perhaps the match of the century. Dreams will be broken, heroes will be made, and forever and a day grandfathers well tell stories of the time these giants met in May". Shutup Tyldesley icon_mad.gif Jeez I'm annoyed already, even though we're destined to lose tomorrow. If not then Clive, gon on then you can actually use that intro if you want. icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

vurted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We haven't established whether it's just United fans yet. Hold your Wycombe supporting horses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's the decision made right there. No Cardiff or Bristol fans either icon14.gif

yeah lets face it, even though it would never have ruined our league title, it would have been a rubbish end to the season - esp following the Cup final

thank god there's now no way my Liverpool-supporting mate can somehow argue that their season was better.

Archived