The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James M:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crilly:

oh and I wonder how much Sebastian Frey would cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, just mentioned him on MSN, better than kuzsczak, and would provide competition next season. I think it's a decent option if fergie so feels we need a keeper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

especially giving the excuse that hes "only buying kusczycysczysczyzk as a top level backup for vds"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

prove it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

prove what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that ruud had a **** on his back, it's a f**king cabbage not a ****

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We're not as bad as you ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah you are icon_biggrin.gif

boohoo we haven't signed anyone yet icon_frown.gificon_frown.gificon_frown.gif

That's why I was interested, I always thought Ruud always tried to do his best for Manchester United. Since I haven't seen all the games, and am not a daily Manchester Utd follower, I thought I asked you lot, because I always thought that despite the arguments he had with SAF that he always was a model professional during training and games.

Ruud is/was known in Holland as a model professional, but from what I've heard in from divers English sources, including you lot, I think the Dutchies should consider their positive stance regarding to him.

Although of course it's understandable that he was frustrated, but I thought he was more of a fighter who wouldn't let such cases influence his work rate and discipline...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

GM thinks we would be happy with O'Shea and Giggs back in central midfield together next season. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I laughed icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

JOS ifs and should NEVER play again.

wtf does Jonah have to do to get a game?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cripple O'Shea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

haha fat Sam losing it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "We've just beaten Liverpool and if we could go to Old Trafford and win as well in such a short space of time it ould be something of a miracle for us.

"It's such a big game for us that the players will drive themselves to their very limits to try and upset one of the big boys again.

"But we are proud of our defensive record and will use that as catalyst to try and maintain it." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah saw that on bbc, quote on the official website doesn't have him mentioning going to OT, odd.

anyway mon sam.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, my comments on vidic and evra, when taken out of context, make it look like i had a downer on them from the start, when it was more a case of a) them not being the players we needed most at the time, and b) with vidic in particular, there was a story about him not wanting to come to england

once they both signed, they've had my full support even when the general conscensus seemed to be against them, and it has been repaid handsomely icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">not having a penny to spend on transfers, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that is an apparent problem, but very few teams apart from Chelsea are spending significantly more on players than receiving on players, and some of those clubs are in worse debt conditions than we are in regard to turnover. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

utterly utterly irrelevant. only worthwhile comparison you can make is to us pre-takeover.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

season ticket prices going up, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes that is evidence of problems, but could be also seen from a business point of view of years of under inflationary increases so brining up to 'true' value. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

under inflation? tell that to the people who renewed in the north/south stands last season. 'true' value? a.k.a the most the glazers think they can rip us off by? great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">hardcore fans being alienated, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have they just alienated them by buying the club? Yes the loyalty pot going is alienating the traditional support, but business sense indicates you should attract new 'customers' aswell, maybe this should have been done differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

complete rot. the very fact you're talking about 'business sense' is the crux of the matter here. we're a football club - apologies for having the nerve to think like that, but we are. you can bang on about it being good business sense all you like, it's a **** way to treat loyal fans and believe it or not, that's what's uppermost in my thoughts.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">club staff being laid off (leading to the current ticket office fiascos) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that was the removing of unnecessary costs. I'm sure if SU had achieved their goal they would probably have had to streamline costs somehow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

providing a decent service is an unnecessary cost? that doesn't sound like good business sense to me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Remember I am answering from a business point of view, not the United fan point of view, in order to give what is likely to be the same answer given if I was an independent business advisor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and i'm talking from a united fan point of view and couldn't give a flying f**k about what an independent business advisor would say. i'm talking about how things affect me and my fellow fans, not how things look to some faceless bean-counters.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for 83 minutes the plan was working fine, i dont see how tactics cost us that much. i just think we lost concentration in the dying minutes and it cost us, little things like scholes giving the ball away inside our box allowing rosicky to get a shot in etc etc. we lost concentration and it cost us bad. it was dying for a roy keane out there in that last 10 minutes.

i really am gutted, sky acting like henry is the 2nd coming just so ****ing annoying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Going back to the article on Ronaldo/Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ronaldo was in attendance at Old Trafford at the weekend having returned from a mini-break in Dubai, which was taken on the instruction of his manager, after the Scottish tactician noticed fatigue in his display against Arsenal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He can instruct Ronaldo but not Rooney? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fatigue

Rooney never looked fatigued. He simply looked out of confidence. Which a goal could, and has, helped him overcome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still think he could have been taken out of the team during the festive period and early Jan for a few games. He was great yesterday when he came on but lets see how long he keeps it up. He was great against Bolton/Sheff Utd and then faded again, hopefully it'll be different this time.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Was worried at 1-0 but it's hard when you can't see it, Charlie Nicholas was making out that it was really close.

But still, good solid win, brilliant scorers from my point of view, very pleased icon14.gif

Furthermore, Liverpool losing, West Ham losing, Sheff Utd winning, my word today's results bordering on perfection for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't watch the 1st half but from the 2nd half Charlton were never really threatening except for one set piece when the ball flew inches wide and that was it. It was more down to United playing extremely casual than Charlton being any good.

At the moment Carrick is the junior partner to Scholes but if eventually Hargreaves or a similar type of player comes in as his partner, do you think he's good enough to be the main central creative player or will his job be just to shuttle the ball wide and to Rooney efficiently and let them do their job?

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

There was absolutely zero reason for him to be on the field. Let alone for the full 90. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree, despite his awfulness, I didn't want Giggs/Ronaldo to play because they have played a lot recently...which bluntly leaves Park and Richardson, which highlights the weakness of the squad in the case of the latter really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Italy’s Interior Minister, Giuliano Amato, has admitted that Rome police were excessive in their treatment of United fans, but appealed to people not to judge them on their over-reaction, according to reports.

Speaking as he called for better understanding of the problems in Italian football crowds, Sig. Amato said, “Without doubt some policemen went too hard on the English fans and used their batons too easily on fans who were on the floor. But to judge Italian police only from that image is not fair."

Sig. Amato says that Italian football will adopt the English approach of using stewards inside stadiums rather than police in full riot gear, but highlighted the problem among some 'Ultra' supporters carrying knives to games.

"The main incidents actually occurred outside the Olympic Stadium, where some fans were knifed. Why are so many young fans going to the stadium with a knife in their pocket? We need to understand how to face this problem." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least there is somebody in that rat infested place that saw what we saw.

Although i can't help but feel that he came out with it only because Italy lost their Euro bid.

Thinking right now, i wonder what would happen if italy would host a euro/world cup. At this moment they aren't ready for it and it would probably lead to France '98 violence if not worse.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

ahahaha, article in the independent referring to us as 'one of the world's wealthiest clubs' icon_biggrin.gif

how can a national newspaper not be accountable for allowing such crap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even with the Glazer's being a bit tight I would have expected you to be in the top ten? Depending on how you measure wealth I suppose...

Still - SIEGE MENTALITY and all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Pique has been amazing this year for Zaragoza from what I've seen on SS. Johnny Evans is also pure class.

Being a Northern Ireland fan I can atest to the fact that he can also very ably cover at full back (he has been our first choice left back for all, bar 1, of the Euro qualifiers.

Debut for his country, against Spain, in a position he had never played before and he didn't put a foot wrong, kept Joaquin and Fernando Torres in his pocket the whole night.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Did I answer 'buying that Fulham ticket when Mart offered it'? Genuinely think I put something about Ronaldo, but it should be the latter tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, that was me. Were you there ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At Craven Cottage? Yes. Were you? You've been described as a psychotic looking man with an awful lot of hair, I'm sure I'd remember you...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived