The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

It's not that I'm against him or anything, just that I'm not going to go beserk about how good he is when I have only seen him play a handful of times. I know o his reputation as a great younger player and everything, and if he is as good as he is made out then fine, but I haven't seen him enough myself to judge. Like Heinze, Vidic, Evra etc I'll reserve judgement until he's at OT in a United shirt and performing.

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tbh i'd have taken Defoe while he was at West Ham when we could still have moulded him but now i wouldn't touch him since when did we resort to buying Spurs' 3rd choice striker?

I'm all behind SAF trying to sign Davis from Villa £5million or less should get him

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

christ, some of you think he's a mixture of Pele and Mother Theresa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As opposed to Saddam Hussein and Hitler? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

saddam was more deadly from distance than ruud

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

I'm racking my brains trying to remember. Leamington Spa? Redditch? Something like that... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stalker icon_eek.gif

live near Leamington, work in Redditch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

whereabouts in leamington?

Mmuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrdddddddddddeeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

minutes silence tbf

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

Saha

Smith

Scholes

Solskjaer

Sheringham

Sealey

Schmeichel

Sharpe

Spector

Stam

Steele

Silvestre

Stapleton

Strachan

That right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

bah

I got most of em icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take out Stapleton.

Add Michael Stewart and John Sivebaek.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

At least I've prevented the mark/jimlad war from escalating further. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jimlad is still typing his 10,000 word thesis on why Man Utd have the best squad in the premiership

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SirZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wakey06:

We'll know more about where they're heading by end of today, fingers crossed they land at manchester airport and not heathrow or gatwick icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heathrow, they've got a match at the Emirates stadium? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shi*e, however OH had a game at OT and we never got him so fingers crossed.

If each team got one player each which would you prefer? I think we need JM more than we need Tevez

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

And loving Silvestre must be a yorkshire thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that's it :thup;:

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

Carrick ahead of Fletch and you've got it.

Although we've not seen the best of Carrick yet, the only thing Daz has above him is that he 'runs about a bit more'. Maybe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What Mika said. So far, Fletcher has done everything Carrick has with the ball, but with energy and mobility on top. This isn't to judge Carrick long term, but on current form Fletcher all the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what he said. Carrick will come good, I think, although I still have my doubts about him and Scholesy working together.

MOTM was Paddy for me, Ole narrowly beating Scholes, Rooney and Giggs for 2nd. Stats will be updated after MOTD.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">michael carrick is becoming more and more instrumental </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What does he play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

acoustic guitar

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Its only half as good in the Home end when your an away supporter. Anyone experienced this before? Im guessing most of you have icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only way I watch United now. And it varies from place to place - quite a few 'obvious' reds at Fulham and the home fans were fine with them, whereas at Chelsea it's best to keep a very low profile...

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

not seen the game today, general consensus seems to be Ronnie was going to ground a bit easily? obviously can't judge myself, but if he was it's a definite rarity this season as he's cut it out big-time so far. and i'm not going to quibble with getting a dodgy penner when you consider how many stonewall pens we have turned down on a frustratingly regular basis.

utterly delighted with that result anyway, massive banana skin dodged, and the team's showed there's a steel there that's been lacking for quite a while.

FLETCH \O/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the penalty issue, i'd take your point if it was a good tackle that got the ball but was called a pen, but this was a pretty blatant dive, and should be called what it is, which is cheating.

As for him generally, i only saw MOTD, and there was one other pretty blatant dive that they showed, but i can't talk about how he was generally.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rsl:

pretty sure Birmingham charged a huge price for tickets in the prem 3 years back now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Birmingham charged us $45 last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i knew it. you're a glazer, aren't you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Question to the guys who went to Newcastle, I heard hardly any United players came over and clapped the fans, this true?

Not really a big deal but it still should be done. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

giggs did, nev did, vds did, scholes and rooney did from afar. others may have without me noticing, only one who definitely didn't was ronaldo who disappeared off down the tunnel like a shot. they certainly didn't shun us or anything like that. those who didn't probably didn't want to damage their necks trying to look up in our direction.

Seba's pass to Forlan in the last minute against Chelsea was something special. The game was heading for a 1-1 draw and we needed a win to have a chance of the title. That game is usually forgotten among the games in that 02-03 season.

• 2 weeks later...

honestly sometimes i despair at society. the other day there were people ringing in praising the glazers for bringing in larsson, saying the boycotters were not true fans and claiming the 'problems' with abramovich at chelsea prove just how well our american chums are balancing things.

when you stop to think the influence of the media on people it is depressing

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

Well done Sue. Take no notice of the idiots who post comments excusing Ferdinand. Good footballer, maybe, but he, like many others, needs to grow up, set a better example to young fans and learn to smile occasionally. Apologising afterwards is not enough. He shouldn't have kicked the ball into the crowd in the first place. The recipient could have been a small child in a wheelchair.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he could have hit a plane at Manc Airport and caused multiple fatalities icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The utter horror of Liverpool making it 6 times against us would wipe away any feeling of joy from whatever we might have done in the previous couple of weeks. Double or no double losing to the scouse in Athens would be a bad as it gets and has to be avoided at ALL costs.

Under almost any circumstances I’d take winning the premiership over the champions league…but not if we’re getting beaten by them

• 1 month later...

Archived