The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

tbh ones with proper collars > ones without, thanks to Cantona </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. Collars > no collars.

And it's been bloody ages since we had a good collar on a home shirt icon_frown.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

tbh whilst I really disagree with all the United fans that had already turned on him and the media sh*te.. this seems to be what he's been waiting for so as to have an excuse to leave

*SIGH* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not so sure. Yes he always said he wanted to play in Spain one day but did say he was happy in Manchester and really liked it here. People forget Giggs said he wanted to play in Italy when he was younger.

He is an emotional kid, give him a few days for everything to settle and Fergie to speak to him and if he wants to go then fair enough. But lets not sell ourselves short as we always do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rsl:

Smith up front should work, he will run his socks off. Him, Rooney, Saha, Ole, Rossi is qg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

5 strikers icon14.gif

0 midfielders icon13.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdamJH:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I seem to remember Taz being mocked for losing money betting on friendlies last year... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're not supposed to bet on friendlies but I like Celtic's odds a lot and they don't usually treat it like a friendly against an English side </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unlucky icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scatter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Ruud was ***** with shots from outside the area. Ah crap, does that make me a hypocrite too? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that'll end the discussion for me. it's degenerating from an interesting debate into trading insults.

later people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were the one who called me a hypocrite ffs icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you called me a bitter. icon13.gif

and i only asked if you being a hypocrite. hence the question mark.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Lost a stone and a half in the last month. I'm weeks from battering people to death on the rugby field again. icon_cool.gif

But yeah, he won't. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no idea why i called you fatboy btw icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wondered, but it was valid up until last week. icon_biggrin.gif

I really doubt that United made a serious enquiry for Hargreaves before the world cup.

Otherwise I'm sure a deal could have been agreed, and Bayern would have had time to find a replacement before everything went public.

Now it just looks like United only want him after a good world cup and the timing is awful. I know it was the same with Rooney's signing, but Bayern is not Everton.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's not what you think it is either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

going by your previous post i'm still too afraid to open it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deanb291186:

Some quotes from a season review book by Fergie on the takeover stuff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">On FC- "Im sorry about that. It is a bit sad that part, but I wonder just how big a United supporter they are. They seem to me to be promoting or projecting themselves a wee bit rather than saying 'at the end of the day the club have made a decision, we'll stick by them.' Its more about them than us."

On the Murdock campaign- "They felt they were responsible for stopping the BSkyB deal, which is not true. Absolutely not. They may have made their voice heard but they were not responsible. It was the MMC that stopped that. They carried on to the degree where they actually thought they should have a say in the running of the football club". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That last bit is a change in his opinion, wasnt he a supporter of SU, and iirc there was a big quote from him about fan owned clubs are the way forward etc. on there website or letters </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

/o\

• 2 weeks later...

Well yeah, but like I say, the personnel in that team was such that he could have changed formation and tactics once he was certain Henry was out, and given Wenger's tendency to play 451 in big games last season and surplus of quality midfielders, he should have definitely been prepared for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah he's really out on a limb with that claim, I rate the guy highly but even I can't get behind that one...and Evra has been relatively decent recently.

The only counter-point to what Taz has said is that Fergie has to play Heinze in the first team at some point so why not vs. Reading?

On the other hand I'd ask how many reserve games he's played in this season as part of his rehab. Anyone with a clue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they have only played twice, but he didnt play in either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

when is park due to be back btw? haven't heard anything on him for awhile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

11th December according to physioroom

eeeeeerrrm, that's awful nice of him

i can only assume you're referring to the Rooney dive a couple of seasons back? not sure what your point is, i wouldn't apportion any blame in that incident to Campbell either (although he didn't get the ball and dangled his leg out pretty stupidly, Wayne clearly dives).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Have we completely written off Tim Howard btw? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't see him not signing for Everton permanently myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. He has been very good for Everton but shown nothing that says he could come back here and do as well as VDS.

Howard has had his chance and while good is not first choice material at Old Trafford. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a shame really, he was excellent in the first half of his first season. VDS is a different class though, and I too expect Foster to take over the reins as number 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Another paper this morning with a story on how Ronaldo has ruled out a summer move to Real Madrid.

It seems to be the sun who are reporting thats hes leaving and all the other papers reporting that hes staying. The BBC came around to the Ronaldo love so why are the sun still adamant on getting the worlds most in form player out of the country and into another league?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ladle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moreclaw:

Ladle just getting better and better. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only the six minutes to react, getting quicker you boring **** icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I was actually doing something marginally less fun than reading your posts, as hard as that is to believe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Dibs on Keith's final ticket. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

heartless bastard, he's not even cold in the ground yet and you're divvying up his posessions icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

shot gun his car and ill drive us to rome \o/.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

haw jonny, roma is yours </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Won't be coming round to rob you in your sleep now icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

worst.song.ever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speaking of which, I demand Park be given a different song icon_mad.gif

I mean anti-scouse stuff is great and all, but Park deserves better than just a thinly/not at all veiled one of those.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Red for Scholes ? Two yellows, surely ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

goes down as a red i think, considering uefa's statement that he's still a yellow away from further suspension.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aslan:

BBB - were you at the game tonight? Were you sitting beside some asian bloke? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he was, but i don't think he was, if that makes sense. you'd not see him on telly anyway, he's way up in tier 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye, naw I wasn't, besides, sitting?! standing all the way mate icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Really enjoyed the celebrations. Still think the gloss was taken off slightly by the result.

Well done to the team, they have been amazing over the course of the league this season and are deserved winners.

Great to see Kuszczak and Smith get a medal, especially smith.

Back to the game, i'm not one who thinks we should just dump VDS, hes been good this season. Yes he was at fault today and has had some shaky games of late but i'm sure he can come back strong next season.

Also please give Rossi games next season. Smith, Rooney, Rossi + Saha(Or New Signing) a good quartet. i know i love the kid and harp on about him but surely he has proven with Parma he deserves a chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived