The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

The fact that i care more about England than you is amusing to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

And pj, tomorrow I'll be spending 8hrs on a train and the time in between at Brands Hatch watching Mika in the flesh, naff off England icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

I guess it's part of the game now though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's only 'part of the game' when people start accepting it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

The July 14th heartbreak really hit you that hard? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been like this the last few weeks icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Why do we have so many morons lately supporting United?

mentioning no names markggoodguyelmonzoolipepper </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who's this "goodguy" bloke? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tarbanrael:

yup there's something rotten with transfers at old trafford! to depend on Solskjaer for goals at the age of 33 when he has not played for 2 years is crazy! Smith was never that good a goalscorer. So that leaves the club with Rooney who has never scored that many either...

Something rotten I tell you!

and in the meantime, we keep Silvestre who is looking more and more baffled by that leather roundie thing on the pitch...we should try to nearly sell him to Lyon or sthg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Louis Saha, Louis Saha.....

Silvestre ifb.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

Consistently so. Pretty much any major United story over the past few years has been broken by him in advance of it reaching the public domain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

one step ahead of redeye icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbf gonch, (and I assume I'm allowed to reveal this now watching RI spies), redeye posted what you did in more detail at about 9am icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Carrick Transfer saga: Well as I said yesterday, I ouldnt care less about the fee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are joel glazer and I claim my free bovril. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif what I meant was that I posted last night , what i meant was that the most important thing was that we signed someone . Sure I would have preffered to get him cheaper , but United are generally crazy when it comes to negoiating fee's , so I'm not going to get hung up about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

iirc Giggs has 13?, Scholes 130, Ole 115, Rooney 38 and Ronaldo 29. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that '?' should be a 6, and (according to stretfordend at least) Ronaldo has 28, but that's correct.

Then it's Saha with 25, Smith with 10, Richardson and Silvestre with 8, and Gary Nev and O'Shea with 7.

I forget, how long after the application process is closed for any particular game is the ballot for One United members held? Waiting on news about my Newcastle application.

As for the CL home ties, can't even apply for Celtic tickets yet on the site (shambles), but a more realistic option for me is going to be the Copenhagen game anyway.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H.O.V.I:

If its a choice between club and country then arsenal will always win but when england play i support.

anyway we have no more england players in the team so i am fine icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeo. We have the second most important one for the future of English football tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Theo and crouch eh icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazz22:

Our new signing Hargreaves did very well today...wait...

icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It could have been worse if Carrick had played alongside him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh and because he's a flash twat that thinks he's made it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think playing for United and England would make me feel like "I've made it"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Player of the Month - Scholes, no contest.

Worst player of the month - Richardson, as always.

Most improved player of the month - Carrick, Impressed me for the first time against Chelsea.

Goal of the month - Ronaldo's free-kick against Pompey.

Moment of the month - Seeing the teamsheet against Everton and managing not to top myself.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

particularly as several of us expected we'd barely scrape into the UEFA Cup spot this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak for yourself.

a lot of people in this thread have long stated there isn't too much wrong with the first xi, it's the depth of the squad that is the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

park blatantly a striker, he's just playing GAMES </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well he's done pretty well overall up front as his Rooney alter-ego so yeah definitely a striker

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by batch:

Do you lot have a show on this Channel M thing ?

Apparently we are getting one from Feb.

Not got a clue how to get the channel like, but are they any good ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>United don't

City and FC United do

You can watch the FC show online www.fcum.tv

yeah, bursting into the box on the right hand side. the everton and villa goals were pretty identical as well i think - overlapping into the box and scoring from a tight angle. can't recall the Boro one in detail, probably fits one or both of those scenarios.

Basle's the odd one out icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

The kid just needs some time off and i dont see why Fergie cant see this. Saha has a good chance of being back for our next game so hopefully we rest him then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess up to now he simply hasn't had anyone to replace him, hopefully now with Larsson/Ole/Rossi being available things will change.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

These clowns don't deserve it.

I'll post a saha autograph instead WOW all 12 goals \o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

Interesting news on Simpson, sounds good for him icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh, Mika. Do you think Ruud answers every question that's posed? Do you think he's media savvy enough to know comments like that would find their way onto the back pages as soon as he'd shut his gob?

Though tbf he actually sounds like he's saying it was his fault and it's approaching an apology...maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

yeah but we wouldn't get tickets for Plymouth away dude </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

speak for your self i used to work for ginsters argyle's sponsors icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude, just because you eat your body weight in Ginsters doesn't mean you work for them ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ginsters are owned by samworth brothers who i used to work for making puddings for tescos

also fyi ginsters cornish pasties are rank

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

what mika said. hes well better than you acou. YOUVE CHANGED. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

1616: Red faces all round at Old Trafford. Rio Ferdinand is embarrassed while a mature woman in the crowd is in pain after the United defender lashes at the ball in frustration and it smashes across her chops.

icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet injury lawyers for you have already sent someone down there to speak to her.

Vida out for rest of season with broken collar bone and rio locked up for 6 months for assault.

Rio has just gone and apologised to her for the 2nd time. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

red nevs return utterly vital now as at least then we can stick brown at cb. hes way off the pace at the mo but can be superb alongside rio when hes settled. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What he said about Brown. I didn't see him today, but before then i'd have also said he's improved already over the last few weeks, and he's been playing out of position. While you'd play Vidic, Brown's an excellent backup.

Again excluding today, i'd also say that John O'Shea has also played pretty well the last few time he's played right back. While we want Gary back ASAP, until then with Evra almost back i think that gives us two pretty good options for the back 4, either

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> O'Shea Rio Wes Evra </pre>

or

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Wes Rio Gabby Evra </pre>

either of which are decent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

That we'd end up trophyless.

Hence my concerns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's talking ****, stop fretting icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

hannigan = dushku > benson > la morte > gellar = caulfield > carpenter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Acker > Dushku = Benz > SMG > Hannigan > Caulfield > Carpenter = McNab > Romanov = La Morte > Benson > Kramer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

People please.

Hannigan > Benz = Acker > Benson > Romanov = Dushku > Caulfield > Carpenter > Kramer > La Morte > McNab > SMG

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

so if we were to seal the title tomorrow

when would the trophy be presented? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They'd wait until West Ham surely?

Wouldn’t have thought that they’d deprive the masses with tickets at the West Ham game a chance to see the trophy raised in triumph. Also doubt Chelsea would go for an all out hand-over at the Bridge just so Fergie can have it sat next to him on the coach back up to Manchester. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

forget that, if Chelsea don't win tomorrow, have it presented PRIOR to kick off on Wednesday.. and have the trophy say next to Fergie on the bench during the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Huntelaar & Hargreaves signing plus a winger would soon get me over the cup final.

The bad thing with losing a cup final is its the final game of the season so we dont have another game a week later to take our minds off it. Still we have to remember we won the league.

Also on Ronaldo, this isnt a go at Matt Cav but i've noticed if Ronaldo doesnt single handedly win us the big games people straight away get on his back.

People forget that hes 22, he cant be great in all games and more often than not the big teams double up on him.

It also doesnt help that the 4-5-1 be patient and wait thing doesnt suit him or us as a team. he is often left isolated and alone with no help. If he doesnt have people taking other players away he cant find those gaps and has to beat the whole team to do something.

Likewise when he gets down the wing he has to dawdle and stop and allow the defenders back in front of him because he has nobody to pass/cross the ball to.

People say Ronaldo doesnt perform in the big games but you look at the big games and hes usually our best player, especially in europe with our awful away displays.

I'm not going to say he performed in the cup final or against Milan away but then we werent geared up to attack, we played to stop the other side and as usual it cost us.

On his free kicks. Give him one from 35 yards plus and hes great. Close in though his power shots dont work because the wall isnt far enough away. It does frustrate as well because i've seen him bend them before like these two.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct young man icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

What is this, skiver top trumps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

says the guy who spends his entire working day on here churning out endless paragraphs we can't be bothered to read when he should be curing the nation's ills icon_mad.gif

Archived