The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Who wrote that drivel? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

there's a few people on here who fit that fifteen point identikit, that alone kinda suggests it's not exactly drivel.

I honesty think its a tricky situation for Man U in general. I guess if they need a reason to get rid of him, then he's given it to them. Can't see the atmosphere between Rooney and other English team players being that good anymore.

The bit that annoys me the most is Fifa - I saw on Sky news this morning that they are investigating Rooney for misconduct. Well I hope that they are then investigating Figo for his head butt in the Holland match and all the Holland/Portugese players for all the pushing and fighting that plagueing that match.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Gattuso added: “It has always been my dream to play for United.â€

ad infinitum </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had a weird visual of Gattuso in a straightjacket and that being a transcript of his response to every question the doctors asked as they locked him in a padded room.

Not a very flattering appraisal given that I'm a Red but there you go. icon_frown.gif

Probably not the point of the repeated emphasis that J07? was going for...

And while I remember, Gregg suggesting that Mika was intellectually lacking was pretty damn funny to me.

Great to see us tell Madrid to **** off instead of taking the cash. Someone mentioned Fergie had talked about Schevchenko going for £30m so Ruud being worth at least half that the other day (i havent seen the quotes) and thats spot on.

And please god dont sign Carrick. Hes good but thats it. Hes nothing special and we are looking at stupid money to sign him. I wouldnt go over £8m for him.

Rather than sign one good midfielder for £16-20m we should be signing two good midfielders for that price.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Are you talking objectively on a general note or for each of us personally? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

either / both

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

That's fair enough icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You see, more evidence of the slide. If you were still worthy of the '?', you'd have seen the possibility of the 'over the hill' retort a mile off there. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was expecting some kind of drug test reference, took my eye off the ball icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sly Rio reference there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

just read that, didnt he reportedly ask for a transfer the season before and so all couldnt have been that rosey? pointless bringing it up now anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you believe the Fergie propaganda then yes, Ruud did asked for transfer last season...

I personally don't believe it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whether he asked the club for one or not, his agent was almost certainly hawking him around the top european clubs, and not only that summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asmodeus:

It was a very poor decision. I thought Scholes played well though, considering he was your midfield. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye, that's so sad when you think about it. We basically played with a one man midfield icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

SSN saying Leeds have enetered the race to get Smith on loan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha what icon_biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...

All I asked for in the summer was for us to close the gap and at least be competitive in the league, which so far we have done. We don't have to win it to be successful.

But we have to improve in Europe too, CL QF's would be ok for me, draw permitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

pretty much guaranteed to find solace in any possible outcome though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

Bit of a naff bench:

Heaton, Silvestre, Brown, Richardson, Larsson </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No bench with Larsson on could be considered naff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SLO_Fila:

Ronaldo was only good for about 6-7 games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you really trying to say that Ronaldo shouldnt be player of the season because hes only been good for 6-7 games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's talking about last season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hear the United fans are being kept in for 90 minutes after full time icon13.gif Did that in Milan and it wasn't fun. P*ssed up, p*ssed off United fans are no fun to be caged up with

Got a feeling we'll win 2-0 tonight and Rio'll score :/

• 2 weeks later...

still don't think we'll see Vida again this season. collarbone's a tricky one, not like you can stick a cast on it or anything, unless he's healed incredibly quickly (and i suppose anything is possible with nemanja) it'll be too big a risk.

that said, stick him on the bench for the cup final and send him on to score from a corner late on icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

haha keyser totally ott, our defence was fine apart from that 2minutes when rio took the knocked. stupid and inept tactically by rio there im afraid, if he was that bad get gabby to quickly come across and cover his position, or go down.

points lost, title is chelseas im afriad. We looked ****ed knackered, feel sorry for rooney out on the wings, dont know what fergies thoughts were behind that.

bulllllllllllshit icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viduka was having his way with Brown in the 2nd half. There wasn't a single challenge between them that Brown won.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

And finally, i think the one thing we saw was that we missed a true defensive midfielder. The one hope tonight would have been someone to shackle Kaka and stop them playing as the front player weren't firing, but we don't have someone who can do that.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Felt tonight was a perfect sign of why we need Hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need Gattuso. End of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Can we have a vote to rename the award in Richardson's honour?

I mean every once in a while someone comes along who is such a one of a kind that you just know their performance in a season will never be topped. Sorry Liam Miller but Richardson deserves this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no vote required, motion already passed

Archived