The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

No, we just get a woeful title that I'm going to whinge about all season icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do i get the feeling i dodged a bullet icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The gun will be double barrelled next year icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I shouldn't have won user of the year once, it's not going to happen again icon_biggrin.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

Ashley Cole was better than Gerrard tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hahaha icon_biggrin.gif

Cole was the worst player in the side during the group stage. Got better as the tournament went on though, but he was dire at first.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

So we're giving them two players for free, getting one player on loan and we have to pay a future fee?

Great business </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Two players surplus to requirements off the wage bill and allowed to further their careers elsewhere, a key position filled with a loan signing (allowing Foster to go to Watford) and absolutely no mention of a confirmed future fee.

So yeah, great business? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how exactly? if we dont sign kusczcak after a year they've bought two decent and valuable youngsters for free, and there's every chance kusczcak won't play more than 5 games for us. its a load of ******** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Christ almighty icon_biggrin.gif

Steele and McShane have no ****ing value. None whatsoever. Steele isn't good enough, McShane isn't either and has about 27 centre-backs ahead of him. We'd have ended up releasing them on a free at some point anyway, probably after copious loan deals. This move is good for them, and gets them off our wage bill, plus it stops them holding back younger prospects who may actually have a future with us?

Like Matt said, we're not giving them Foster and Evans/Pique for free ffs.

Silvestre has signed a new deal til 2009 \o/

Park Ji-Sung has extended his too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh for christ's sake icon_mad.gif

But Park is still icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

The first game normally sells out Nick, even if it's only just now it will sell out, time to get worried me thinks.

Oh and the FA are a bunch of twats, Wazza should do a Shearer icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he did a shearer but unlike shearer he got banned icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

We'll line up like follows against Tottenham

Van der Saar

Morgan

Ferdinand

Sheehan

Richardson

Ronaldo

Beatty

Carrick

Huart

Burrage

Stuart </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm having the central midfield role, thank you very much icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your ARSE. that's mine you bastard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact that opposition players need 20 minutes to circumnavigate you does NOT make you a good footballer icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You standing there & barking orders doesn't make you a good player either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

christ its the even older even uglier keyser </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought everyone said that was BBB?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

there is apparently a Kent one actually.. not fully investigated yet. But it'd surely be too late to sort that for next week anyway? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got offered two tickets for Sperz within two days of booking a seat on a bus for Arse.

That was last Tuesday, dude. icon_smile.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I agree it was pretty awesome.

If giggs can keep this form up for the rest of the season it will a) make mark look even more wrong and b) mean that he is still one of the best midfielders in the premiership.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Simply not possible. In fact, I think for his Giggs / Richardson comments we should petition to change his name to mark1878g or something, thereby fulfilling the numers theory.

Such a quick fall from grace :*(

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Evra earns French recall

Patrice Evra has been given his first call-up to the France squad in two years by national coach Raymond Domenech.

Evra, who earned the last of his five caps for Les Bleus in November 2004 against Poland, is in the squad to face Greece in a friendly next Wednesday along with United team-mate Louis Saha.

The inclusion in Domenech's squad is reward for Evra's fine performances this season. United would normally have been reeling from the absence of Gabriel Heinze as he completed his recovery from a knee injury.

But the 25-year-old French left-back has been outstanding and proved himself a valuable member of United's squad, so much so that Sir Alex Ferguson must now give serious consideration to which player he selects first. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

wait icon_biggrin.gif

sonko icon_biggrin.gif

skoko plays for wigan icon_biggrin.gif

ffs icon_biggrin.gif

sleep now icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generic Championship teams with generic Championship players ftw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Did you get a photo of your view in the stadium BBB? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

aye fella, will upload shortly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/BBBOTF/view.jpg

There you go, Gonch, Park was far far worse than Fletch, FLetch wasn't even that bad tbf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guess you must have been up right at the back, BBB ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Row U aye

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No, i'm saying that Boro would need the back up of the police or local health and safety licensing authority. How easy or difficult that would be for them to get is another question, as is whether the challenge cup committee would be more or less accomodating about such a request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boro have never asked for a reduction. It's always been the licensing authority forcing it upon them.

Boro have always said 'don't blame us gov'

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Cool:

Fleeting visit lads.

I'm a Boro fan. Thought it was a penalty and Ronaldo is great.

That is all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs, whining Boro fans with their Ronaldo hate. It was obviously a penal.....Oh icon_redface.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

Whats the attendance like in the youth cup game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Over 8000 tonight, apparently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

who should we get in the summer.

hargreves is coming

nani or bale and some striker mayby torres or hutelaar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Noone cares what you think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The thing is, it can't be nailed on if it's going to appeal. It's done on a case by case basis. They can be pretty confident, but that's it. As it's a long term signing they probably think it's worth the risk, as he'll probably qualify by right next year anyway, so they could loan him out for a season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or several. Look at Mr Dong.

Heard a very strong rumour of you guys signing Owen last night...

Anyone else heard it as I can't be bothered trying to track through all the posts...?

I tried to put a bet on it and it was turned down... icon_frown.gif

Archived