The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Geordie:

Just popping my head around the door. Initally, I thought the sending off of Rooney was harsh (for the push), but having seen the stamp - he had to go.

As for Ronaldo - as good a player as he is, the lad is a c0ck and to me he didn't have the look of someone who will be playing for Man United next season. There was just something about his body language to me that suggests he'll be off to pastures new. If he doesn't, Taggart may now have a problem between him and Rooney. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pastures new icon_biggrin.gif

Possibly but he doesn't look the sort to be intimidated or overrun by a fast paced game. Quite the opposite.

Even a central midfield of him and Scholes probably wouldn't be bad.. though I know many dont think Scholes will even be worth playing this season.

so now ronaldo wants out? thats just great.

usually after an international tournament i can console myself with the fact that pre-season is only a few weeks away and i become optimistic about the season ahead. this year i am so disinterested and meh its untrue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

well that's breaking news. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry was just thinking maybe thats why fergie has been so quiet in the market. Also RVN's sale should free up some money to go after the players he really wants. Carrick is way over priced

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 14AlanSmithifb:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://media.putfile.com/massive-bert-on-606

\o/\o/\o/\o/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Massive Club icon_biggrin.gif

Classic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No no, it's not the way he says it:

MASSIVE Club

icon_biggrin.gif lol

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elmonzo:

Thank you for answering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know what the question is, but if I give you the answer 'I think Mika is, and we'll probably do it at around 150 pages' is that anywhere near what you wanted to know icon_smile.gif ?

• 2 weeks later...

Magpies pounce for United starlet Rossi

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has signed Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi on loan until January as he looks to bolster his strikeforce.

Rossi, 19, will compete with Obafemi Martins and Shola Ameobi for a place in Roeder's starting line-up following Michael Owen's long-term knee injury suffered at the World Cup.

The Italy Under-21 international, who is not allowed to play against his parent club, was tipped to feature in some capacity for United this season following impressive performances last term and Ruud van Nistelrooy's move to Real Madrid.

However, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has agreed to let American-born Rossi play at St James' Park in a deal which will run out on the first day of next year, with Louis Saha, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Wayne Rooney his attacking options at the moment.

A statement on the Newcastle website confirmed: "Newcastle have reached an agreement with Manchester United to take striker Giuseppe Rossi on loan.

"As a condition of all loan deals between Premiership clubs, however, he will be prevented from playing for the Magpies in any meetings with the Red Devils."

Rossi, whose mentor at Old Trafford was Van Nistelrooy, scored at the Stadium of Light against Sunderland last season before netting against Barnet and Burton in cup competitions.

(reopens) Ferguson, who signed Rossi from Italian side Parma, believes the striker will improve after a spell on loan.

"It was a big decision for us especially as we don't have the choice of strikers," Ferguson told United's official website.

"But this is something that Giuseppe wanted as he needs regular first-team football. When he returns, he will be a more experienced player who will be able to offer us much more."

from teamtalk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

the devil can take many forms...

Lynn ifb </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"No thanks, I don't want to be part of your sex festival."

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

We're stupid but we're not stupid enough to believe that the reason you'd search out a forum full of fourteen year olds is because you want to appear mature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You appear to have mistaken me for Keith.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by matt_e:

1h 40 is easy, takes 45 mins tops if the line is packed. Exchange Quay is a bit better than Old Trafford for getting back to Picadilly, walks about the same distance as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Salford Quays is even better - bit further to walk, but you beat all the queues at EQ.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

I look forward to his "We were unlucky, these things happen, we've got to get better as a team" follow-up article one week from now. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"We'll have a crack at the almost unique achievment of completing the full set of european trophies"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamonWattsok:

haha, awesome goal.

Roonet, to Larsson, to Rooney, brilliant ball to Larsson and a great finish from the swede icon14.gif

3-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roonet icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

This is totally off topic but is there an OTF non-league thread (Conference et al.) I've missed when using the search function because of a random name?

Don't want to add a new topic if I've missed it unintentionally.

And its not that I want to start a non-league appreciation thread, I've just got a question that needs answering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8191933...532072632#9532072632 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Awesome, cheers mate.

While you're about, Studio 60 appearing on More4 anytime soon?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

also wp me and mika for wanting the replay, coming thru unscathed and having the ginger prince back. good work team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_cool.gif

Even got away with having a laugh at Richardson one more time too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cooldude0007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Lads, I dont think we're going to sign a foward. I think Fergie's going for the whole interchangable front line tactic, ala Ajax in the 70's.

Something like this

cm Scholes

CM Hargreaves/Carrick

AML Nani/Giggs

AMR Ronaldo

AMCAnderson

FW Rooney

If ye get my drift. And all interchangeable in attacks ofc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rooney aint that great by himself

if they cant get torres etoo or berbatov they should get darren bent for 10m </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, hopefully there is still a top class front man coming. Having Rooney as the main striker on his own sounds a bit iffy, especially if we get any injuries. There's plenty of goals in that attacking line though. Still hoping for a big name striker icon_cool.gif

Archived