The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hargreaves? You are having a laugh surely. I rather we give David Jones a decent run in the side to show us what he's capable of than resorting to buying Hargreaves.

Cambiasso? Remember the time when Veron played for us? I maintain that only tough tackling Argentines i.e. Heinze can make it in the EPL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hargreaves is vastly underrated player simply because hes not seen day in day out. Much prefer to see him in centre midfield than giggs and fletcher

as for your comment about Cambiasso icon_rolleyes.gif uhm try opening your eyes son, when watching a game of football ffs, Cambiasso is a tough tackling Argentine icon_mad.gif

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ollie1307:

But yeah, 3 new midfielders and a striker for Man Utd please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smith, Scholes and OGS count as three of those 4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt Scholes will return to his best.

Alan Smith is not good enough to be a key player for Man Utd

OGS will never be a Man Utd class player again. He's been injured for too long.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

Technically we should have about £40 million ( 12 from Mikel, 10 for Ruud plus this seasons 25 mill budget) to spend this year but it is quite obvious we have nowhere near that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't forget the 10 quid for Miller icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Goodwin:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

apparently we are signing carrick tomorrow for £18million. if that price is true ill cry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where'd you get that from? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If its where I'm thinking of, he probably can't say.

*Walks away, hands in pockets, whistling*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

But my Mika t-shirt will act as identification so he'll know who I am icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will possibly be able to work out who you are without the Mika shirt due to a process of elimination.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

Would that mean a week 'til your next post then? Because i think this is the sort of thing you should do properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, because then there'd be lots of posts with me whinging that i can only have ten and it's not possible for me to be able to do the list. Lots of kicking screaming and sulking.

I know you don't want that Mark. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So no noticeable difference at all then? icon_frown.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajw10:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeCR:

The first team is looking very good but the lack of depth is a cause for concern. Only two signings, one which cost A LOT more than it should have. Maybe if we bought Hargreaves and Senna instead of Carrick, but then again Carrick looks impressive and seems to suit the way we play.

I would have preferred another midfielder, since I don't believe O'Shea and Fletcher have progressed at all. I feel sorry for O'Shea though, he would have been better off leaving and getting a regular place in a team rather than being used sparingly as a utility player to fill injuries/bans. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only Rio Ferdinand played more games for United last season than O'Shea. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? icon_biggrin.gif iirc no Arsenal player played more games that Flamini last season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed, it is true icon_biggrin.gif, the exact number is in membership book which I can't be bothered to get though, was about 46 IIRC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Flamini played 49 times.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/punk_football_photos/034641.jpg

har har </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I remember watchingthat icon_biggrin.gif

Happened at fullt time. Some goons opened it up in the NW quadrant & hung it over the edge. About 5 guys grabbed it & tried ripping it off them but gave up in the end. Stewards did nothing though icon_biggrin.gif Stood watching icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pickles:

I got smacked by a bloke from Preston whilst in Faliraki! I was smashed off my face and called him a scouser but he was a United fan and took offence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fairy nuff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I said. I apologised as did he icon14.gif

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg Carter:

We played well against them last season, they also did well during the match.

However, that was last season. Both sides have changed since then and so trying to apply what happened last year to what will happen this year seems pointless to me.

I think that Chelsea have a good side that will cause us more problems than most teams. However, i do feel that we can be strong enough to cope with what they throw at us.

I also feel that we have a strong enough attack to cause problems for Chelsea, enough that i believe we can get a good result from the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you care?

QUOTE]Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

I didnt think i could hate somebody i loved so much any more than i already did icon_frown.gif

The guy may be a despicable little knobjockey but he's an absolutely brilliant footballer.

It's great news for Wales too that one of our best players will be playing regular champions league football icon14.gif

So, while i hate you lot, i hope Bellamy is sensational for you icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he's brilliant as a Welsh football fan, thats more important to me than Manchester United, I'm glad he's playing for you because he's top class and the more top class players we have playing for top class sides the better.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SHAME, OH THE SHAME

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by something less annoying:

And surely one from Silvestre and Heinze will go and I think we all know which one it'll be icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heinze utterly more bankable unfortunatly. Its the United way icon13.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Title race ended now, Liverpool will win everything possible, a raft of injuries will leave us only able to field Richardson and O'Shea, who will also sign new 5 year contracts. A failed summer transfer window will see us bring in only Emile Heskey for £25m, revealling the Glazers true crippling debt - which will in turn cause us to sell the ground rights to the scouse oil consortium, who decide to rename the ground to "Anfield YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE Stadium". Man City will climb above us in the Euro rankings after relegating us from the Premiership in extra time, with a blatantly offside goal. MoTD will review the game with Alan Hansen saying "ABSOLUTELY DIABOCHLICAL" 3 million times before reassuring the viewers he was referring to Man United in general and not the offside decision, to which he gave "the benefit of the doubt" to who ever United were playing, the ****ing c**t.

*sigh* just doesn't quite cover it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Kieran Richardson has vowed to fight for his future at Manchester United after revealing he has the backing manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The versatile midfielder has made just five starts this term, which can be attributed to the form of the evergreen Ryan Giggs, the resurgence of Paul Scholes and star quality of Cristiano Ronaldo.

England international Richardson admits he has found it tough watching on from the sidelines this term, but is determined to forge a successful career at Old Trafford.

“I will be staying at Manchester United and fighting for my position,†he exclusively told skysports.com from a photoshoot for Adidas' F50+ clothing and footwear range.

“The gaffer does not want me to go and if the gaffer does not want me to go then I want to stay.

“The gaffer always tells those who are not playing that it is hard because the team is playing so well and it is hard to bring you in.

“We have a 23-man squad and we are all internationals so you are going to get people who are not playing and at the moment I am one of those people.

“But hopefully I can get through it and earn my place.

“You sometimes ask the gaffer ‘why am I not playing?’ But he tells you he wants to keep you involved and to keep going.

“And that is what you do, you need a good 23-man squad to win the Premiership and hopefully we have got that and hopefully we can win it.â€

Richardson burst onto the international scene in 2005, but he is aware that he needs to be playing regularly in order to catch the eye of England manager Steve McClaren.

“Always playing for your country is a main aim," he added. "But obviously you want to get your club sorted out first.

â€If you get your club sorted, playing for Manchester United, then the international thing will take care of itself.

“There is no better honour than playing for your country.â€

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fergie senility making another appearance

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RedBlood:

What's your point?

Reyes was **** here and didn't settle </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My point is Reyes signed a 5 yr contract, claimed he was happy and settled in England, and only 8 or 9 months later he was practically mailing himself to Madrid, so I wouldnt look too much into those Ronaldo quotes.

Though this is probably just wishful thinking from me.

Gonch just spot on about EVERYTHING at the moment icon_cool.gif

rgifb. The sheer number of highs he's given us over such a long period of time is just unbelievable. And it's a testament to his ability that as he lost the raw pace that so charecterised him, he's adapted his game and still remained a potent attacking threat for us. Yes, we all know he can and has gone off the boil quite spectacularly, but there's very few United players, or players in the world, that I'd rather watch in full flight.

There's an amazing 10 minute compilation of him on youtube somewhere which I'll dig out when I get home.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Did you get a wallet? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep icon14.gif

and some top trumps...

which are rubbish. They just have player statistics...no ratings icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Are there really Man Utd fans posting in this thread saying that they wouldn't mind seeing Ronaldo leave if it was for big money icon_confused.gif?

I don't like Ronaldo from what I have seen. I think he is a selfish, petulant, immature, diving on the floor, foreigner.

Having said that, I also think that he is also one of the best footballers on the planet. His ability on the ball is simply fantastic and his end product has improved beyond belief. To add to that, HE IS A WINNER.

I'm a Spurs fan and think that Lennon is great now and is only going to get better. But he is nowhere near Ronaldo at the moment. Any of youn who would be happy to see Ronaldo go for huge money and then shell half of it out for Lennon must be off your rocker.

Forget about the hype and the diving and the winking and everything else. Ronaldo is a simply gifted footballer and you would be mad to let him leave, whatever the price. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He just struggled yersterday on a difficult surface that didn't suit him.

I'm a little surprised he started at all.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by www2:

Dont understand why you guys are now attacking half of your players.

Now, I am not a ManU fan (infact I am AC Milan fan) but these kind of games come atleast once a year (for any club)where you are totally outplayed and your players look like a bunch of cr@p......but than next couple of games everything comes in order and you will see that they will all preform great.....including VDS and Giggs and everyone you just attacked </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is, those games all seem to congregate when we play a decent side away from home in Europe. There's something more deeper lying than us simply having a poor game tonight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

haha, that video is awesome icon_biggrin.gif

such an accurate representation of how mental the place was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

got goosebumps watching it again icon_biggrin.gif

wonder if we were on portugese tv? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i doubt it, not with you randomly swearing in the background as they were trying to interview me

I'm not digging at you gregg but have you even seen Nani play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who do you think you are? Juni? icon_biggrin.gif

Personally I'd go for Barnetta of Leverkusen, impressed me last year in the World Cup, and has done well when I've seen him playing for Leverkusen this year. Two footed, quick, and young. More of an out and out winger than I think Nani is.

Archived