The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by olipepper:

heinze>>>>>silvestre </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Silvestre >>>> O'Shea & Richardson, as for Evra it's wait and see.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Francis Cole:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And £3m is hardly going to buy any midfielders anyway, so your point is moot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No its not. Say for a moment you are given £3m and £3m Only. Just because you can't spend that amount this week on a midfielder means you have to spend it on a keeper?

Even without Ronaldo/RVN sell you could make another £3m just by selling fringe players.. how much did Spector get you? And now you have £6m and you can go out and buy someone like Hargreaves.

Basically

a)SAF has been given only £3m - he's an idiot for buying a keeper with the only money you have

b)SAF has been given more - what the **** is he doing?

c)Apart from the £3m the only other money you are getting is from sales, and hence he must know he's getting a lot (i.e. RVN/Ronaldo are going, and not just relying on Spector type sells) otherwise he wouldn't spend all he has on a GK... in which case fair enough he has to wait.

icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's b) I'm sure of it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

By the looks of it our tactic really is to hold out and wait on Chinese democracy breaking through before making any moves in the transfer market whatsoever </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guns and Roses so slovenly.

I was about to post an extended version of that interview, so I will anyway:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Young apprentice Giuseppe Rossi says he wants to fight to replace his mentor Ruud van Nistelrooy at Manchester United in the coming season.

The Dutchman's departure looks imminent after five phenomenal seasons and The Red Devils have been left with a huge hole to fill.

Hopes of a new striker at Old Trafford have been all but dashed after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed he would restore returning duo Alan Smith and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to fill in behind internationals Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha.

But Rossi has not given up his dreams of first team football with The Red Devils this season, despite suggestions that he could be farmed out on loan.

"I would prefer to stay and play," Rossi revealed.

"If you have to choose between all the teams in The Premiership, the first one that pops into your head is Manchester United.

"I do need to get some experience in The Premiership. If that means I have to go out on loan, then I will.

"But if there is the chance to stay here and play, that would be the ultimate."

Both the manager and forward are united in the belief that it would be futile for Rossi to carry on in the reserves where he has been creating waves and scoring freely for the past two seasons.

"I have had two years in the reserves and that is enough," Rossi commented.

"I don't think another season at that level would be the best thing for me at all."

The 19-year-old has already had been forced to make some difficult decisions so early in his fledgling career and none more so than that on his international status.

As an American-born Italian he has dual nationality, but turned down the chance to play in Germany for USA in favour of the world champions.

"I did have contact with the US squad," he admitted.

"They asked me to play and I knew there was an opportunity to get to the World Cup.

"But I also knew if I took that chance, I would never be able to play for Italy, which has been my dream virtually since the day I was born.

"I had to tell the USA the truth. I know it will be far harder trying to get in the Italian national team than the United States but I have absolutely no regrets about the option I have taken."

The talented youngster will be looking to cement his name firmly into United's plans and prove his quality this pre-season, which continues with the last game of the South African tour on Saturday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">well if you jot him a quick memo im sure he will carry on with the failed experiment to spare you the embarrassment from your homeboys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If my freinds are doing it i think others around england are doing it to.

Full time - 2-1 to United.

All in all a good run out, Gibson impressed with some long rangers which tested the keeper, and Martin looking good with all his trickery.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jep:

Judging by that thread title it's clear that at least one of the Mod's was dropped on his head as a child icon_biggrin.gif

Plus - at nearly 4 times the price Carrick should indeed be better than Sissoko icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Impressive contradiction there

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Getting a call-up to the Irish squad is like being asked to be a guest on the Rosie O'Donnell show though? Sounds impressive when you say you're going to be on TV, but you'd really rather not bother. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha icon_biggrin.gif

I actually had a dream a few weeks back where I was in Landsdowne Road at an important (I assume it was important by the fact there was actually a decent atmosphere) match. I was there with my mate with ten minutes left with the scores at 1-1. Robbie Keane was forced off injured which left no strikers on the field or on the bench so for some reason Steve Staunton runs along the touchline studying who's in the crowd until he spots me. 'How about it, Terry, come on on!' he shouts as those around me become quiet. My reply: 'F@ck off you Louth inbred'... Such a weird dream. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I've actually had a few dreams where I'm playing for United at OT :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

er, me too icon_frown.gif.

(though for some reason I was allowed to play with a hockey stick and I scored the best goal ever icon_cool.gif )

He is just 21, very good defensively, agressive, physical, good pace. Sure his attacking attributes need to be added to I think its too early to write him off completely. He has played a dozen of first team games last season and didnt look out of place in any of them from memory anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

Now I've <STRIKE>slept</STRIKE> SOBERED UP.

Evra ifs

Brown ifs

Rio ifs

Silvestre ifs.

It was a shambles of a defensive lapse but we're Man Utd, we don't make it easy for ourselves, In the grand scheme of the season it's far too early to talk about winning the title, like Matt said we've made a fantastic start scoring 8 goals playing some bloody good football, lets just enjoy it and not get over excited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so last nights jizz-a-thon a distant memory? icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe David Jones will be our saviour eh? Oh no, turns out Fergie'd rather play a converted winger, striker or left back in midfield than him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what does that tell you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh yeah, that Nick probably overrates him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

B-I-N-G-O

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

mascherano put more stray passes than fletcher so far for argie. haha. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

he's been pretty ordinary so far.

fergie sooooo right to snub him. :/

*seethes*

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan A Wadge:

i know im asking the impossible, is it possible to get 2 tickets for the Man Utd vs Newcastle game at ot? Im currently in the Uk with my dad until the 14th Oct and basically im looking to go watch a game, it dosn't matter which united game really! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif I fly out to Malta on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...

eff off. I'm not saying I'd pick him for captain either but the ridiculous hate for him just cos he's a bit of a "lad" off the pitch is f**king annoying.

He's been excellent for us. We should appreciate that a tad more rather than calling him a c**t all the time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But it's not just cos he's a 'bit of a lad' is it? It's because his off the pitch actions raise significant questions about his loyalty to the club - ones which I think have a huge direct impact on any potential captaincy talk.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

it was the pub with a marquee outside.

possibly because of the horrific time spent at Preston station icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

guess the fare \O/

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

yeh I think phil neville was a bit wrong too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

been meaning to discuss that, he was terrible. most of the time his passes went to everton players ffs

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neil Purvis:

The Strawberry's on the other side of the ground.

Might have been The Trent House. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Our minibus full ended up in teh Strawberry, was ok at first then some big lads from the back didnt like what was going on and the Munich songs started so we all left before something might of happened

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Too kind theis, too kind.

If only I could apply similar invaluable advice to myself icon_frown.gif

RE: Fergie, I'd still back the 'win the league then bow out' camp. It's still going to be so difficult to compete with Chelsea, our squad is severly deficient in several areas and several integral members of our first team are the wrong side of 30. I'd rather a new man come in now to shape the team over the inevitable transition period, rather than Fergie bring in his own players only to leave a year or two down the line.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ericcantona7:

the atmosphere in the pub was fantastic, Ronaldo is just so ffffffffffffb.

Then when they scored some Liverpool fan cheered and an idiot United fan went mental at him, looked like things were going to kick off in there as well for a minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where were you watching it Alex? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Orange Grove in Fallowfield, it's a student only pub, so there's usually lots of non-united fans, but generally no trouble. The guy who was trying to start a fight didn't look like a student though tbf, as they don't ID until gone 9 usually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha, the Orange Grove, live just round the corner from there. I personally prefer the old man atmosphere of the Friendship Inn, especially on derby day when its full of blues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JulesMUFC:

Id take Manuel Fernandes too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

likewise

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fernandes another that needed time to settle. Just like Mascherano and Tevez he looked poor in the first half of the season but as we have seen ourself with Vida and Evra you give a guy time and his class shows through.

Basically yes i'm a fan.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by No Longer Bling:

dont see fletcher being in danger of the chop in all honesty.

really think were looking at heinze, silvestre, saha and richardson for the chop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definatly agree with that.

Heinze is on his way already anyway. Richardson can't ever get in the team again (please) and especially if Pique stays at United next season Silvestre won't be able to get in the team.

Archived