The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by player_65:

The game today showed why Riquelme would never work in England. He's not going to get man-marked everytime like Frings did to a degree today, but he had little or no time on the ball due to the pace the Germans were trying to play at, and he had no influence whatsoever.

Every game is like that in the Premiership </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not really convinced by Riquelme either. And as for a Keane replacement, well there's very few of these box to box players left playing in the world. We may be just better keeping Ruud still getting Torres and playing 6-0-1-3

With Rooney, Ruud, Saha and Torres up front and 6 defenders by passign the midfield. which is all Rio does anyway when he lumps the ball upfield 18 times a game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bagpuss:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

We aren't signing anyone are we. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

we have no money so no we cant sign anyone </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Technically we owe money, so we'll probably sell someone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mark g:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

I dont know about that being the ONLY reason we wont strengthen enough.. Fergie's been known to mis-spend before </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's the only reason Fergie doesn't have the resources he would have had under the PLC or with a sensible takeover. Not saying for a minute I'd completely expect Fergie to spend a bumper transfer kitty that wisely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah right. £12.5m in the january window on defenders who were undoubtedly a lower priority than getting a central midfielder, plus at least £2m-3m on a goalkeeper this summer. If we don't strengthen this summer, you can't possibly blame that on anyone but Fergie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can, and I will quite frankly icon_biggrin.gif

We spent **** all last summer, that £12m was effectively last summer's transfer budget if the Glazers hadn't turned up.

Like I say, I'm not saying Fergie is some wizard in the transfer market being completely hamstrung by the Glazers, but they've had a massive impact. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't get away from the fact that after Morinho, there isn't a single manager in football who doesn't have a budget to work to. It doesn't matter what crap you come out with about it being last years budget or this years, or whether we should have more or less money. If Fergie had spent his whole budget on the area of the squad which was arguably the strongest, that's appalling managment bordering on negligence.

Now i don't believe that's the case, it's fairly obvious we've got more money to spend, although no-one knows how much. But you can't absolve him from blame in that area if we don't end up with a balanced squad at the end of the day, because if that does happen due to lack of funds he's blatantly wasted part of the budget.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> LONDON, July 18 (Reuters) - Manchester United have finalised a 660 million pound ($1.2 billion) debt restructuring to cut their annual interest bill, Tuesday's Financial Times said.

The newspaper said the restructuring would strengthen the Glazer family's grip on the club and reflects their improving financial prospects.

A spokesman for the Glazers said the amended structure would continue to provide team manager Alex Ferguson with "sufficient funds in the transfer market".

The FT, citing people familiar with the package, said the club's annual interest charge would fall to 62 million pounds, compared to 90 million pounds under the old deal.

It said overall borrowings would rise to 660 million pounds from 580 million, but the club had halved to 135 million pounds the amount they owe in the form of higher risk payment-in-kind notes.

The club could not immediately be reached for comment.

U.S. financier Malcolm Glazer and his family took control of Manchester United just over a year ago after a bitter takeover battle.

United have not won the Premier League title since 2003 when they were crowned champions for the eighth time in 11 seasons.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sufficent funds? what the **** happened to the ****ing £25m a season that the "spokesman" said way back last year, we've not ****ing bought anyone and now the bearded old **** wants to make the debt bigger, £62m interest a year, that's not even the ****ing debt, thats just the ****ing interest, jesus christ, what else can the club do to squeeze money out of us?

a cup season ticket?

away games season ticket?

reserves season ticket?

under18 season ticket?

paying money to guarantee a seat ala the ****ing Buccaneers? Seriously, in a few years I can see the Glazer ***** doing that. It's a ****ing disgrace that our club can be just raped and plunged into so much ****ing debt.

mon a tornado killing the inbred *****

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Go-Go:

Mika - if you DO sign another striker (and you really shouldn't before you get a winger) then one positive would be you could loan out Rossi to the likes of Reading/Watford/Sheff Utd to get more regular football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, and knowing Fergie he'll probably be looking at one before a winger, he likes his strikers.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACou2000:

YAS

Found a stream myself and just got it working icon_cool.gif

But now I have to go out anyway icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Link plz.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James07?:

Hargreaves has been spotted in Manchester today icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The whole England squad'll be there, ffs. icon_biggrin.gif

Calm down, already.

This is very much like in The Simpsons when everyone is rushing to pay their taxes. icon_biggrin.gif

I can just imagine Gill and Fergie sitting there saying "look at those fools rushing out to buy players. We bought our players last year icon_cool.gif ). icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It's gone up by £4 a game this season, include home cup games which you MUST buy, how much next season, hence me saving up already icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh we are probably still only average for the league. 5 years ago ticket prices varied from £18-£28 I think. And there have been steady increases in prices most seasons. Although I guess the increase between last season and this season was the biggest.

And forcing all 1 year season ticket holders to buy tickets to every cup game is very nobbish IMO. Thats the only big gripe that I have about ticket prices as it was obvious whoever was in charge that the prices will be going up to become similar to other clubs of our quality.

• 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gonch19:

haha no chance becks, legend though you are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wants to come back. The Glazers want him back. Ferguson is the only stumbling block really.

• 2 weeks later...

More chance of Fergie coming out of player retirement than us getting Torres </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You never know, we might sell a Ronaldo or a Ferdinand in the near future to allow us to buy him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vidic's hardman reputation was wiped out during that Chelsea game, Mikael would do him like he did Ljungberg icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> "Alan is unfortunate in that the team's form has been great but he still has a long-term future with us."

"The one thing about Alan is he has fantastic courage. He has a great enthusiasm to play football which always gives him a chance.

"If he gets a bit of the game on Tuesday, it will only help him in the later stages of the season when I may need him." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mon Smith icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keyser:

you're easily pleased to the point of giddy anyway. can just see you on final day: The United Coach makes it to the stadium first and you'll be doing a lap of honour, tbh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\O/

• 1 month later...

I like to think that everyone in the squad minus Richardson, went round to Nev's pad to watch the game with a few beers and are currently singing all the crowd favourites like in that youtube video a while back.

Phil Neville is the special guest too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Apparently according to Robbie Slater we really need to strengthen that defence that's had 4 team of the year players in it and has still managed to cope reasonably well with tonnes of injuries :*( </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be fair, we do need a new young right back to cover/challenge/eventually replace Gaz, but it's not exactly a priority. Whether one of the promising young defenders we have could do that i don't know, as i get the feeling all the real prospects are centre backs by trade?

I'm sure Nick will tell us, if everyone can wait 6-7 hours for him to get out of bed?

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alilaw:

How utterly random from goldenspike there icon_confused.gif

He's about 3 and a half years behind in the quotage as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tbh I find that quotage one of the most ironic things on the internet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's also not remotely applicable in this context because as far as I'm aware Mark's not riffing off any currently popular cultural craze, he's just making one his timless 'jokes'.

So all round shyteness there really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived