The Manchester United thread 2006/2007 - featuring BBB leaving early

foobR

• Replies 51.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had a text from an Everton lad I know who reckons Cahill to United is a 'done deal' at about £8 million. He's a bit hit and miss about these things (seemed fairly clued up on the Rooney issue but also told me that Roy Keane would be joining Everton as a coach) so we'll have to see.

If it is true then it'd get a big 'Meh' from me.

Can everyone stop worrying about this season please. We've got a squad that was already good enough to finish second last season. To that we've already effectively added Scholes and Solskjaer. While normally that not might be seen as a huge improvement, given the state of our midfield a formerly world class blind man and a deadly cripple will make big difference.

And as if that wasn't enough improvement anyway, we're about to get rid of two nasty troublemakers who were disrupting the harmony of the squad and upsetting everyone.

After that, how can you not think we're going to walk the title this year?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Saha:

Any Lazio players worth picking up? I can't say I know much about their squad and I haven't heard anything about them in this 'Italian raid' stuff.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Swiss kid Valon Behrami is quite good. That's about it though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Father Senegal:

if he does well will he become known as king dong? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ding Dong, said in a Leslie Phillips accent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ratinho:

Pennant comfortably good enough for a good Prem side btw. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

a good one, maybe

But a really "top" side? I dont think he's got enough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20?:

look scousers, just retreat with some dignity and take your laughable momo-wankery back to your thread. jearm's getting lonely </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely hes used to it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Razor Eddie:

Cantona 10 pts

Best 9

Hughes 8

Ruud 7

Keane 6

Charlton 5

Robson 4

Scholes 3

Ole 2

Stiles 1

And before any fecker says " you gotta have seen 'em "- I did icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We're back to Billy Meredith again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BBB:

It was page 64 dumbass, I should knock 50p off for your stupidity.

Oh and we DO have 4 International established centre halves icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not 5?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mika:

He plays on the left

He gives us all a friiiiiiiiight

That bloke Silvestre

Makes O'Shea look ***** </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

take out the "all" and it's much better

and boasting about making O'Shea look sh*te icon_biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

tee hee, this was fun

Mart - Is he 'avin a laugh? says:

and you are?

Gonzalez , Kuyt , Riise 3-0!! , Great Win Lads Another Important Win says:

from sigames

user name?

Gonzalez , Kuyt , Riise 3-0!! , Great Win Lads Another Important Win says:

stevie_g_rulz urs i forgot

oh jesus, you're a clueless ****, ta-ra

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

I agree it was pretty awesome.

If giggs can keep this form up for the rest of the season it will a) make mark look even more wrong and b) mean that he is still one of the best midfielders in the premiership.

But on the downside, injuries to Giggs and Scholes will quickly see O'Shea and Richardson no doubt come back into the midfield and we'll be ****ed again.

Defence wise i think we have pretty awesome cover all along the back four now so an injury there doesn't worry me. Another striker would be nice but my priority for this winter would definately be hargreaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm happy to be proved wrong if it means Giggsy keeps up his form. Just makes me even more confused as to what has been going on for the past 3-4 years while he's been so *****, though icon_confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Young Jimlad:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by snipersdream:

Ok, am I the only who feels people are overreacting just a little here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the basis that its just the Carling Cup?

p.s. Fixed your italics... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant that Colberg/Ronaldo handbags actually. But yeah, I've lost no sleep over the Carling sodding Cup either.

P.s. thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rcjuk:

Yeh icon_biggrin.gif

Ludicrous </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"no thanks, I drink at the wall"

icon_cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by theis:

Richardson is about as useful in possession as a drain that whenever the ball is passed to it sucks the ball in and deposits it of the pitch for an opposition throw in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kick ball. Chase ball. Kick ball. Chase ball. Kick ball over byeline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd dispute still dispute that...well, it depends how you put it. As the situation was in the summer with their relationship clearly broken down, yeah there had to be a parting of the ways. But would I have a fully motivated Ruud in our XI still? Too right I would.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

random musings: four away games in a row now covering all three competitions - lille, fulham, reading, liverpool - basically season defining? strongest available XI for lille, fulham and liverpool please, minimal tinkering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My first thought at full time was to this post from two weeks ago, I never for one second thought that we would win all four, oh how I love being wrong at times like this.

We'll blatantly go and drop points at home now, but still, so far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

Reo Coker wasnt anything special last season but he was young and looked like he had potential. This season he has been known to put in performances that make you wonder if he and Richardson were cloned for the same talentless **** wit.

Its sad when one Prem season and an F.A Cup final makes you think you have made it.

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pjburrage:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick OGS20:

keith's applying as we speak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mart's master or FA Cup Final? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well being he owes me i am sort of his master but NOT in a gay way.

Besides he's too fat/old etc

• 4 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaine:

Sources close to the Glazer family have indicated that some or all of the six children, five brothers and one sister, on the Manchester United board are expected to attend the final home game of the season at Old Trafford on Sunday and the FA Cup final six days later, scotching suggestions from supporters that they will blank the title celebrations. The Glazers' appearances at Old Trafford have been more frequent in recent weeks, though small numbers of supporters still unhappy at the takeover have attempted to stage protests.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2077228,00.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Hope people boo if they go on the pitch

doubt it though icon_frown.gif

Why would we play Hargreaves on the right? That just seems stupid to me.

Hargreaves has been bought to provide the tough tackling ball winning element we have been missing. Your three options are 3 in central midfield, push Scholes into the Giggs role or drop one of them.

If Hargreaves is going to spend games on the wing then its clear to me we should have bought a winger first and Hargeaves second but i just cant see that happening.

Fair enough, i've since had a glance at his latest record and it's impressive. Was basing my comments more on his similarities to Lupoli over here (in terms of movement more than football), didn't realise he'd been doing so well in Italy.

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coldberg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Weststandred:

Yeah. icon_mad.gif

A massive jump from £190 to £627. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really shouldn't laugh but welcome to the real world little man. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Says the guy who wont buy a ST himself as "getting tickets will be easy"

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryno:

Tribal football is gash, so no. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If we're including The Sun......

Archived